Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Differences between Mario and Dr. Mario.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:23 am
What are they?

I know that Dr. Mario's A+Left or Right Smash attack doesn't reach as far, and he doesn't hold the element of fire in any of his attacks, but other than that, I don't see much of a difference.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:21 am
well thats the meaning of clones i guess and thats what ticks me off extreamly because tjey wasted all of that character space on the stupid clones i mean they could of aded wario and walugi but no they stick dr. m,ario in instead same thing with pichu and pikachu drop out pichu and put in walugi or wario! but at least brawl has wario and hopefully walugi but their is a very high chance walugi will be in brawl.  

`Murdoc

Kai Kitora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:30 pm
lt_squid
well thats the meaning of clones i guess and thats what ticks me off extreamly because tjey wasted all of that character space on the stupid clones i mean they could of aded wario and walugi but no they stick dr. m,ario in instead same thing with pichu and pikachu drop out pichu and put in walugi or wario! but at least brawl has wario and hopefully walugi but their is a very high chance walugi will be in brawl.

but there are some good clones like young link ,roy, and Ganandarf confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:24 am
clones are last minute additions. they were added for fun only. a real character would have took too long to make. would you rather have 20 characters or 25?  

DukeDanger

Reaper1120

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:28 pm
well dr.mario drugges people while mario burns people ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:47 am
The cape is longer, Dr. Mario is stronger, and heavier.

His cape can't and shouldn't be used as a recovery move. It drops him to much, and has little to no horizontal movement.

Dr. Mario's aerial+front is different from Mario's because it doesn't spike. It's a stronger hit too.

The pills are stronger, and have faster fall projectory.

And Dr. Mario and Ganondorf are great characters. Ganondorf they shoul've made the effort to finish, but here's my point on Dr. Mario...

How else do you want Mario to play??? Dr. Mario and Mario are the same person. So what if they have the same moves??? It's how you use them that matters.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:12 pm
Four easy differences which maskes them worthless:

1. Dr. Mraio has on a different out fit that regular Mario.
2. Dr. Mario moves slower than Mario.
3. Dr. Mario shoots pills instead of fireballs.
4. Dr. Mario gets paid more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:46 pm
you forgot one thing, doc can't wall jump because of his slower fatter style lol, also i thought doc's moves came out slightly slower...anywho doc is higher on the tier list, so idk why u guys are complaining about him when he is ranked higher then normal mario ninja  

Dynasty_77

Bralef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:23 pm
The clone characters aren't as "cloned" as in Melee. If what I hear is true, the clone characters are like Luigi and Ganon from melee. Their "B" moves are the same, but their "A" moves are different. I haven't actually played Brawl, though, so could someone tell me if this is true?  
Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games