Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Hem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:02 pm
ok. I will post a picture of my stupidity as soon as I can but how in the HELL do I make a hem straight? I figure takingit along the edge of a table and pinning it then sewing it would be good enough . . . but it came out REALLY uneven! I wanna fix it because it looks so dumb but like I said I don't know how. Any suggestions on how to fix it to make the whole thing even?

Another thing: is there any way to get out the dots that are created from sewing if you mess up on the sewing? If I have to take out the stitches I need to be sure that they won't show . . .  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:53 am
Wear it and make someone put the pins for you until it looks strainght on you~ That's always worked for me.  

AngwyMallard

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:58 am
they make little rulers with a sliding piece that you can adjust to whatever width you want. use that and go with a half-inch to an inch and pin the fabric. ironing also helps the hem lay flatter and look better in the sewing. to make a really pretty looking hem, you might want to turn under a tiny amount, say an quarter of an inch or less, sew it, then turn it under again to make the "real" hem.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:07 pm
oki doki. I fixed it. Thanks for the help you guys.  

sakurachan61123

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:54 pm
sakurachan61123
oki doki. I fixed it. Thanks for the help you guys.
that's good to hear smile  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff