Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kopy Kat
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:41 pm
Discuss anything Atlantis related.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:14 pm
Atlantis is O. K. I'm not too impressed at this time. It just can't compare to the real thing. The sets and stuff are really interesting and new, but the chemistry of the character isn't really there. The plots seem like they have been used before and The Wraith aren't as scary as they said they'd be. This show is way too over hyped and not living up to it's promises. They are trying too hard with this show, that's my opinion. I do like the sets and some of the special effects. The gate is cool and so is the new wormhole footage. The ships are mildly interesting as well. I do like Dr. Beckett and Lt. Ford. Major Sheppard is trying to be Jack WAY too much and Dr. Weir needs to eat something....she is hella thin. I used to like McKay(especially on SG-1) now he is just extremely annoying and aggravating. The humor in this show is okay too sometimes. Thank you. This is my opinion...doesn't have to be other peoples. Bai!  

Calixto
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:23 pm
I didn't like McKay until I saw him in Atlantis. He cracks me up in some of the episodes. I used to think that he was annoying, but funny. Especially when he called Sam a 'dumb blonde' in the seventh season. I especially like the episode with McKay getting that ancient device shield on him. That episode was so funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:49 pm
Has anyone ever noticed how the previews for Atlantis usually have someone screaming in them? Usually Sheppard or McKay...

"Stop using your mouth and stop using your brain!"

"I'm sorry for being the only person that truly comprehends how screwed we are!!!"

"I say we work to gether and MAYBE help save each other!!"

"All of this is a lie!!!"

eek So dramatic...jeez...  

Kopy Kat
Captain

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:23 pm
What I've noticed about the Atlantis commercials is they are more interesting than the actual show itself. How sad is that? *shakes head*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:36 am
Kopy Kat
Has anyone ever noticed how the previews for Atlantis usually have someone screaming in them? Usually Sheppard or McKay...

"Stop using your mouth and stop using your brain!"

"I'm sorry for being the only person that truly comprehends how screwed we are!!!"

"I say we work to gether and MAYBE help save each other!!"

"All of this is a lie!!!"

eek So dramatic...jeez...

lol  

SammySue
Crew

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:08 pm
I think that Atlantis is okay, though not nearly as good as SG-1. The team doesn't yet have that sort of chemistry that SG-1 does, but I think that's probably just because they haven't been with each other for as long as the SG-1 team has. Dr. Weir, in my opinion, is a bit, well, stiff. She doesn't really have a distinctive personality yet. John is a good character, and so is Aiden Ford. Teyla seems a bit too serious for my tastes. Rodney Mckay is by far my favorite Atlantis character. He seems very antagonistic in the SG-1 episodes he was in, but I think he has become more of a good character. Plus, he's really funny! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:31 pm
i am liking the plot of atlantis, they already have a "villian" and the city is really cool, but why cant they expand the city? i think it would be cool to get them all out of that little gate room.  

positive tension

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:25 pm
I hate the new Atlantis commercial saying Atlantis is the best thing since sliced bread or something. stare But I did like "Home" it's my favorite Atlantis episode since the pilot. It was very interesting in a mind twisted kind of way.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:07 pm
Calixto
I hate the new Atlantis commercial saying Atlantis is the best thing since sliced bread or something. stare But I did like "Home" it's my favorite Atlantis episode since the pilot. It was very interesting in a mind twisted kind of way.

That's the one that was on today, wasn't it? I so wanted to see it. I just got home from work and only just realized that my timer wasn't turned on! Now I have to wait until they replied SG-1 and Atlantis. crying I so thought I turned it on before I left.  

SammySue
Crew

Kopy Kat
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:31 pm
Calixto

I'm seriously starting that "Operation: Boycott Atlantis" thread soon...be prepared to boycott... stare I don't hate Atlantis, but I can watch the repeats, and I better get my 9th season of Stargate...we'll brainwash RDA I tell ya!! >_O  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:38 pm
Kopy Kat
Calixto

I'm seriously starting that "Operation: Boycott Atlantis" thread soon...be prepared to boycott... stare I don't hate Atlantis, but I can watch the repeats, and I better get my 9th season of Stargate...we'll brainwash RDA I tell ya!! >_O

Don't Boycott Atlantis! It's a good show for being a spin-off. I normally don't like spin-offs because they're not as good as the original show, but Atlantis is okay. Not great like SG-1, but okay.  

SammySue
Crew

Dea and #Teddy#
Crew

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:20 pm
((Hey Kopy, how come you didn't tell me you had an official guild?? Boy to I feel out of the loop))

Anyway I like SG-1 better, but Atlantis is still pretty good!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:19 pm
Dea and #Teddy#
Hey Kopy, how come you didn't tell me you had an official guild?? Boy to I feel out of the loop

Sorry...the link to the thread is on my other computer... sweatdrop  

Kopy Kat
Captain

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:22 pm
Kopy Kat
Calixto

Brainwash RDA? That would be hilarious!! xd We should so do that! "Operation: Boycott Atlantis" sounds cool but maybe we need something for a 9th season first....

Atlantis might be okay, certainly will never be as good as SG-1, but the point I hate is that scifi plugs Atlantis like it's the best show they've ever had. It's not right...takes away from our original show and totally ensures that there won't be a 9th season. sad They just make Atlantis sound WAY better then it really is.  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff