Manga
50%
 50%  [ 82 ]
Total Votes : 164

Reprieve
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:26 am
Which do you prefer?

Although I must admit, I've only seen screen shots of the anime... sweatdrop hopefully I'll get a chance to see it soon, I want to hear Kakashi's voice! lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:08 am
I personally prefer the manga. I'm not sure why, but I think it's because with manga, it's right there in front of you, available for viewing any time you want. Plus the art is more detailed, aye? Then again, I've never seen the anime.. *shrug* I'm sure they're both awesome. xD  

Nuclear Riot

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:37 am
i said manga because I've read all of it that's out. (I don't have the neccessary equipment to download anime eps... unless I wanted to take a week to download each ep--that's what friends and an anime club is for!)

I have seen up to ep 70 something.. or was it to ep 84? It's a high number, that's for sure. Getting to the mutant Gaara eps. xd

Then anime follows the manga nearly exactly, only with slight changes such as extending flashbacks, and similar slight expansion of some scenes. The only 'filler' episode I've seen was the first 1 hour special episode at the beginning of the 2nd season. THat episode had characters talking to teh camara and reffering to Kakashi being late with delivering the tape for the first ep of the season, and Naruto being stupid and starting the ep early. In the ep between these pre- and post-commercial moments, it had Konohamaru and friends interviewing Naruto and co for a class project--this being used to get audience up to date on some things.

It was cute. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:06 pm
Zrana
i said manga because I've read all of it that's out. (I don't have the neccessary equipment to download anime eps... unless I wanted to take a week to download each ep--that's what friends and an anime club is for!)

I have seen up to ep 70 something.. or was it to ep 84? It's a high number, that's for sure. Getting to the mutant Gaara eps. xd

Then anime follows the manga nearly exactly, only with slight changes such as extending flashbacks, and similar slight expansion of some scenes. The only 'filler' episode I've seen was the first 1 hour special episode at the beginning of the 2nd season. THat episode had characters talking to teh camara and reffering to Kakashi being late with delivering the tape for the first ep of the season, and Naruto being stupid and starting the ep early. In the ep between these pre- and post-commercial moments, it had Konohamaru and friends interviewing Naruto and co for a class project--this being used to get audience up to date on some things.

It was cute. whee
Now I really want to see the anime! lol  

Reprieve
Captain

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:16 pm
It is AWESOME. Watching some of the fight scenes, they're gorgeous in the flow of them. The animators did a great job.

And the ops and eds are fun too! Some are better than others, but they all amuse me.

I LOVE the 2nd opening sequence. It's the op that has all the teams in it for the Chunin exam parts. It's great how they do it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:11 pm
As much as I like the anime for the fight-scenes, the voices and colors and stuff... I chose the manga.
Sometimes the anime leaves a bit out to fit into the time-slot... and there's less Iruka in the anime... >_>;;
Meh..
Plus... if i'm going to read the series, may as well read it in the manga than with the anime subtitles. sweatdrop  

Sharpshooter Usopp

Yuri Mascot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:26 pm
I'm not very fond of the animation at all. Occasionally it gets really, really shoddy. Some of the fights are done wonderfully, and some look horrible.

The manga is much more consistent, and much more detailed.

Though I like the soundtrack for the anime, occasionally the songs are stuck in awkward places and take away from the scenes. Also, the jokes are much less subtle in the anime than they are in the manga, so you get the feeling that you're being force-fed the humor, and it's no longer quite as funny.

My vote counts towards the Manga.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:03 pm
i like anime more :p  

Kalmarkid91

Bozon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:12 pm
I've only seen the anime so far. I want to read the manga too though. So I'd have to say anime for right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:59 pm
Manga all the way!!
Nothing like the original. ^_^  

Liccy

Shameless Codger

18,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500

Izchi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:56 pm
Anime... lots of reasons.

One is... the intros and outros!

3 season outro is sad... *Sniffles* Rock Lee is walking around with casts... *Sobs*

Um... also the Anime has voices... so you get to listen to that special someone talk.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:26 pm
Izchi
Anime... lots of reasons.

One is... the intros and outros!

3 season outro is sad... *Sniffles* Rock Lee is walking around with casts... *Sobs*

Um... also the Anime has voices... so you get to listen to that special someone talk.

I love the intros and outros too heart  

Bozon

polarus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:57 pm
I like the anime best!!! The intros rule!!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:00 pm
"Outros" I love that word! xd

I have pictures of a group of Naruto cosplayers on stage at Karaoke at Anime Central from this year. The performed "Haruka Kanata" the 2nd op (my fave so far). Kakashi didn't get on stage until the song was nearly over--late as usual. whee

Kankuro used his wrapped up accessory as a guitar. You can see the damange in teh pictures, it's so fun.

I also have a couple silent avi files, but not uploaded yet.

TO see pictures: Go to photobucket.com and goto "zranachan" album and follow the links from there. Top right should be the karaoke pictures.

The Naruto in the pictures was by far the best. He looked good, and got into the part as well (look for the "secret technique" pic of the thousand years of pain pose xd )

This is making me think of all the pics I missed at the con cuz I didn't have any more space on my camera sad ... Haku death scene, standing between Kakashi and Zabuza, and Kakashi getting his copy of Make Out Paradise since by author Jiraiya ero-sennin. blaugh  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Kalmarkid91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:17 pm
anime= coloured lol biggrin but i think manga might be more fun.... i only read manga on computer..... if i read a bought book maybe more fun :p  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff