Reply Smash Help
Roy v.s. fox HELP PLZ Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:12 am
hey i really need some help, i play as Roy and i have so much trouble aganst my friend who plays as fox, he is much faster than me, and lately hes been owning me , so i need a little help  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:02 am
Well, speed doesn't have anything to with it if you know how to manuver your character.

I've gotten pwned by Ganondor many a times, while using Shiek, or Falco.

I would suggest to first of all practice with Fox.

Learn to use all his moves without really thinking about it.

Once playing with him is second nature to you, it'll be easier to fight.

Then, try to get used to your friends fighting style, because once you are familiar with his moves, it'll be easier to retaliate to them.

Shiroi Tsu
Captain

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:57 pm
^ good advice!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:32 pm
thnks for the help  

Phantom_Renegade

Sainted Physician

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:46 am
Phantom_Renegade
hey i really need some help, i play as Roy and i have so much trouble aganst my friend who plays as fox, he is much faster than me, and lately hes been owning me , so i need a little help

roy is also my best and my cousin does the exact same thing to me. Try using Falco...hes less slow and it'll be easier to predict Fox smile from there on it should be an easier fight...good luck... oh and what the other guy says works also especially the part about learning their fighting style...but the switch to Falco indeed helps  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:59 pm
El Cangri de Borinquen
Phantom_Renegade

roy is also my best and my cousin does the exact same thing to me. Try using Falco...hes less slow and it'll be easier to predict Fox smile from there on it should be an easier fight...good luck... oh and what the other guy says works also especially the part about learning their fighting style...but the switch to Falco indeed helps

no i will not switch to falco, i will beeat him as roy, but this post is a little late, i alreday pwn him now a days, as roy  

Phantom_Renegade

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:35 pm
Fox is a little A-hole. scream

More often than not, I'm a Ganondorf guy. I love my triforce of Power. ^_^ Anyway, I also frequent Roy too.

Roy isn't THAT fast, but faster than say Zelda, Link, and young Link, but not as fast as Fox or Sheik. There's a few things to be learned here about Fox.

Fox's fall rate is REAL fast, and has LITTLE jumping power. His only real jump is his up+B, which can blast a good distance, and deal some mean fire damage. Fox's defense is about average, so it takes a little bit to knock him off. But here's a few other things to know.

- Fox is a good Aerial fighter. Roy is not. STAY OUT OF THE AIR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! I love Roy to death, but his air attacks are horrid. A useful strategy (if you can get the timing) is to try and counter in the air when fox is attacking you. ((Counter is down+B by the way, for those who don't know)). Unlike Marth's counter, which lasts a few second after actvating Counter, Roy's needs to connect IMMIDEATLY(?) after activating. So if you miss, your left WIDE open. Not good... stay out of the air... >_>

- Fox has long range attacks. Roy doesn't. While Fox's blaster doesn't have any knock back, it can rack up damage REAL quick. He can also dash with either toward+b or up+b. But his shield is pretty much useless against you unless he does his grab, throw down, down+b combo. Roy should take the oppurtunity of running towards Fox and smacking him when he starts to shoot his blaster at you. It takes him a second or two to put the gun away, and then be ready to attack. USE THIS TIME TO STRIKE!! Towards+B attacks, an Aerial b charge ((A move I like to do, is jump towards my foe, hold be for a second, and before I land, release the attack. A little more damage than a regular hit.)). Smash. ANYTHING! This is your chance to wail before he gets back.

-Fox has better throws. Roy's throws aren't all that great. But then, neither is Fox's UNLESS he does his throw back, or throw down. When he does throw down, he shoots you first, and then they have the opurtunity to do down+B. Which adds more insult to injury!! gonk Also, try to not counter everything. Any good player should know, that the only way to counter a countering Marth and Roy is to GRAB them. This stops them right in their tracks, and leaves them open.

-Fox's toward smash moves him forward. But Roy's doesn't. However, Roy's smash is alot more powerful than Fox's. I think it may be more powerful than holding B ((Besides the full charge, which is a one hit KO)). Try to get it so that when fox does a toward charge, make sure your far enough away so he misses, but you connect with him when you release your smash.

-Fox has a rapid A attack. Roy doesn't. And Fox can cover all directions with his kick. Up, straight in front of him, and down. So when he starts doing this, get behind him.

That should cover it. Except for one more thing. Roy's Up+B move. While it's not powerful enough to send them flying, it packs a good punch. It has fire damage AND stops the enemy from doing anything for about 2 seconds((Or until they hit the ground. Whatever happens first.))

Good luck!! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:37 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Fox is a little A-hole. scream

More often than not, I'm a Ganondorf guy. I love my triforce of Power. ^_^ Anyway, I also frequent Roy too.

Roy isn't THAT fast, but faster than say Zelda, Link, and young Link, but not as fast as Fox or Sheik. There's a few things to be learned here about Fox.

Fox's fall rate is REAL fast, and has LITTLE jumping power. His only real jump is his up+B, which can blast a good distance, and deal some mean fire damage. Fox's defense is about average, so it takes a little bit to knock him off. But here's a few other things to know.

- Fox is a good Aerial fighter. Roy is not. STAY OUT OF THE AIR AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! I love Roy to death, but his air attacks are horrid. A useful strategy (if you can get the timing) is to try and counter in the air when fox is attacking you. ((Counter is down+B by the way, for those who don't know)). Unlike Marth's counter, which lasts a few second after actvating Counter, Roy's needs to connect IMMIDEATLY(?) after activating. So if you miss, your left WIDE open. Not good... stay out of the air... >_>

- Fox has long range attacks. Roy doesn't. While Fox's blaster doesn't have any knock back, it can rack up damage REAL quick. He can also dash with either toward+b or up+b. But his shield is pretty much useless against you unless he does his grab, throw down, down+b combo. Roy should take the oppurtunity of running towards Fox and smacking him when he starts to shoot his blaster at you. It takes him a second or two to put the gun away, and then be ready to attack. USE THIS TIME TO STRIKE!! Towards+B attacks, an Aerial b charge ((A move I like to do, is jump towards my foe, hold be for a second, and before I land, release the attack. A little more damage than a regular hit.)). Smash. ANYTHING! This is your chance to wail before he gets back.

-Fox has better throws. Roy's throws aren't all that great. But then, neither is Fox's UNLESS he does his throw back, or throw down. When he does throw down, he shoots you first, and then they have the opurtunity to do down+B. Which adds more insult to injury!! gonk Also, try to not counter everything. Any good player should know, that the only way to counter a countering Marth and Roy is to GRAB them. This stops them right in their tracks, and leaves them open.

-Fox's toward smash moves him forward. But Roy's doesn't. However, Roy's smash is alot more powerful than Fox's. I think it may be more powerful than holding B ((Besides the full charge, which is a one hit KO)). Try to get it so that when fox does a toward charge, make sure your far enough away so he misses, but you connect with him when you release your smash.

-Fox has a rapid A attack. Roy doesn't. And Fox can cover all directions with his kick. Up, straight in front of him, and down. So when he starts doing this, get behind him.

That should cover it. Except for one more thing. Roy's Up+B move. While it's not powerful enough to send them flying, it packs a good punch. It has fire damage AND stops the enemy from doing anything for about 2 seconds((Or until they hit the ground. Whatever happens first.))

Good luck!! ^_^

thanks for the tips  

Phantom_Renegade

+Inferno_Mist+

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:01 am
uh dude your screwed. you'll just have to try harder because fox is the fastest charcter and he'll be able to kick your butt anyday  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:33 am
LightRam876
uh dude your screwed. you'll just have to try harder because fox is the fastest charcter and he'll be able to kick your butt anyday

AHAHAHAHAAHAHA, thats what you think what a loser  

Phantom_Renegade

Sharon hermozina

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:54 am
Phantom_Renegade
El Cangri de Borinquen
Phantom_Renegade

no i will not switch to falco, i will beeat him as roy, but this post is a little late, i alreday pwn him now a days, as roy

well it seems like you got him! Congratulations!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:20 pm
need to find a good time to hit fox. and thats when he is running towards you. dont use a ray gun or anything that fire beams  

fox_demon_nightmare

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:28 am
fox_demon_nightmare
need to find a good time to hit fox. and thats when he is running towards you. dont use a ray gun or anything that fire beams

thax for the tip dude, but i play tourney rules only, so no weapons  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:44 pm
Phantom_Renegade

you know that roy can have a great effect on fox i mean ever tried just pressing b up while hes jumping and doge when hes doin the speed thing on you  

saito0902

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:39 pm
saito0902
Phantom_Renegade

you know that roy can have a great effect on fox i mean ever tried just pressing b up while hes jumping and doge when hes doin the speed thing on you

or you could try your dtilt(hold down and press b, not a smash), it sends fox and falco right up in front of you, perfect for a fsmash, or if enough damage a upsmash to fasmash, i casn constantly kill fox and falcos with this in about 5-7hits  
Smash Help

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff