Reply Adult Furries Guild
The list of Anime Series with Furry/Anthro in them! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:44 am
And when I heard the whistle I knew I had been chosen...

I've been thinking on this for a while. You see, I'm a huge anime fan, it's one of my favorite things in the whole world and I could keep myself busy for days just watching it. (and lord knows I have enough still to catch up on to do so xD I have over a year's worth of anime to watch still, heh.)

Anyway, when watching anime if I see a series with furries in it, either very little, or almost all of it, I am very happy which I'm sure you can understand why.

So, I decided, why don't we make a list of anime series that we know have anthro-characters in it, either just randomly popping up, only once in the whole series, or even as a main part of the series. I know a few already, so I can start the list out, but plese if you know anymore tell me!

Give me the name of the series, and a brief description of why you think it should go on this list (meaning, where are the furries at?)

Also, CAT-GIRLS do NOT count. The only type that would count would be catgirls like Merle from Escaflowne, who even though they are catgirls, they have a lot of animal/furry characteristics to them then the average catgirl. And even then, it's really pushing it.

1. Princess Tutu - This series has TONS of furries, even one of the specials is almost completely about the various "anime-people" in the episodes. Also, one of the main charecters is a cat-furry named Neko-sensei (oh yes, so original). They have all kinds, from anteaters to iguanas, to ravens, to all kinds of other types. They are usually just randomly in a scene and only a few of them really show in the series more then once. (other then neko-sensei and the one goat-lady that shows up in a couple episodes.)

2. Escaflowne - Well, as I said before, Merle and the other two cat-girls can BARELY pass as anthro, and only for certain reasons. But also there are random characters and shopkeepers throughout the series that are full anthro, as well as later in the series (and he's also in the movie) there is a character name Jajuka who is a furry (although I'm not sure exactly what type.)

3. .hack series - Although they don't show up AS much as in some series, and really I've only seen them in the .hack games (Mia) and in .hack//sign (the cat person that doesn't talk the much whose name I forgot.) Although, there may be more in the other series, but I haven't seen much more then the games and .hack // sign so I'm not sure.

4. Slayers - This series has anthros, a couple of them end up even being main characters at some point ^_^ In the first season there's Dilgear, and well, he kinda dies. In Slayers TRY, there's Jillas, a sneaky little fox who at first doesn't seem like much, but ends up having a lot of depth to his character. He's so fun and he's freaking brilliant when it comes to explosives ((Thanks Af Mas))

5. Kaiketsu Zorori - All Anthro characters. Although is more a child's show. ((Thanks Paracket))

6. Outlaw Star - Aisha and the rest of her race are pretty similiar to anthro. Although I do believe that a few times in teh series there are random characters on screen that could almost fit as anthro xD ((Thanks Paracket AND myself xD))

7. Hyper Police - has lots of goodness furry stuff in it. Its got kitsune, and werewolves and catgirls, and all sorts of other goodness. ((Thanks Salen-Stormwing))

8. K.O. Beast Century - has all sorts of animal shifters in it. One of them turns into a chicken/hawk furry. ((Thanks Salen-Stormwing))

9. Porco Rosso - has a pilot pig furry, and its a movie from Ghibli Studios, so that means it totally kicks a**. ((Thanks Salen-Stormwing))

Gah, I swear I know a few more, but they aren't coming to my mind right now. Anyway, if you know of any please let us know ^^ That way myself or other anime fans can go and look for the series and watch them to see the awsome anime anthro goodness xD
User Image

...to be the one who decides who goes next.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:50 am
I know its not an anime series but there is a game called Jak & Daxter which has a Furry character named Daxter. He was turned into something known as an Ottsel in the first game and then his girlfriend Tess also became one, which is the cross between two animals.  

Xayvien

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:07 am
Slayers has anthros, a couple of them end up even being main characters at some point ^_^ In the first season there's Dilgear, and well, he kinda dies. In Slayers TRY, there's Jillas, a sneaky little fox who at first doesn't seem like much, but ends up having a lot of depth to his character. He's so fun and he's freaking brilliant when it comes to explosives 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:08 am
Sailor Moon does, kinda. ^^; With Luna, and Artemis and that reeeealy fat blue cat that was a monster... He went all were-cat XP  

Zanzarus

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:15 am

hmmmm....thanks for the info, eco. But this list really is only for anime ^^ Feel free to open up anotehr topic like it for games tghat have it. Cause there are more games out there with furries in them then there are anime, oddly enough.

Af Mas - Seriously? I've only seen the first season and I dont' remember seeing one, but then again, who knows. But I'll add that to the list, thanks xD *needs to get my hands on teh rest of slayers, wah.*

Audi - I'm not sure if that really should count, truthfully. I was thinking that as well, but it's not quite what I'm thinking of when it comes to this list. Plus, with Luna and them turn into their non-cat forms, they are just cat-girl/boy characters and not really furries ^^; And in cat form they really only walk and move like regular animals, and about the only "humanish" thing about them is that they talk and can use stuff like computers xD So unless a couple other people think Sailor Moon should be added to the lilst, I wont' add it right now. Thanks for sharing though!
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:21 am
Kaiketsu Zorori is a good one. All anthro characters. 3nodding
It's a kids show, though. I saw a couple of episodes. A little entertaining.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3558  

aaaaafkp

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:25 am
Paracket

Alright, added to the list. I saw the first episode of that, didn't appeal to me. But that's probably because of it being more geared towards children xD

I wonder if Hamtaro would fit in the list xD *hates Hamtaro, truthfully*
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:30 am
Shinigami Whistle
Paracket

Alright, added to the list. I saw the first episode of that, didn't appeal to me. But that's probably because of it being more geared towards children xD

I wonder if Hamtaro would fit in the list xD *hates Hamtaro, truthfully*
User Image

Oh dear. I remember when Hamtaro came out and how popular it was. It scared me to death. Je n'aime pas aussi.
And I think Outlaw Star might have a character that could be good enough to be considered more than just a cat girl. Aisha Clanclan was her name. ._.; She was an anthro, I think. Not just a skimpy girl with a kitty ears headband.  

aaaaafkp

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:37 am
Paracket
Oh dear. I remember when Hamtaro came out and how popular it was. It scared me to death. Je n'aime pas aussi.
And I think Outlaw Star might have a character that could be good enough to be considered more than just a cat girl. Aisha Clanclan was her name. ._.; She was an anthro, I think. Not just a skimpy girl with a kitty ears headband.

mmmmm...Aisha KlanKlan *drooils all over the floor* I'm a huge Outlaw Star fan xD How coudl I have forgotten that? And yeah, that series would fit, seeing as she changes her shape to a large cat, and she does have more anthro characteristics then a cat girl. So, I'll add that to teh list xD How could I have forgotten my beloved Aisha! *scratches my eyes out*
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:02 pm
Hyper Police has lots of goodness furry stuff in it. Its got kitsune, and werewolves and catgirls, and all sorts of other goodness. You should check it out.

K.O. Beast Century has all sorts of animal shifters in it. One of my favorite turns into a chicken/hawk furry. Its cool.

Porco Rosso has a pilot pig furry, and its a movie from Ghibli Studios, so that means it totally kicks a**. Its funny as hell. You should all watch it just because its awesome. Mmmm Ghibli Studios. heart  

Salen-Stormwing

Fashionable Protagonist

25,515 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:04 pm
Salen-Stormwing
Hyper Police has lots of goodness furry stuff in it. Its got kitsune, and werewolves and catgirls, and all sorts of other goodness. You should check it out.

K.O. Beast Century has all sorts of animal shifters in it. One of my favorite turns into a chicken/hawk furry. Its cool.

Porco Rosso has a pilot pig furry, and its a movie from Ghibli Studios, so that means it totally kicks a**. Its funny as hell. You should all watch it just because its awesome. Mmmm Ghibli Studios. heart

I've heard of Hyper Police, been wanting to see that xD I'll have to look into getting it sometime.

I'm suprised I haven't seen Porco Rosso yet, I've seen almost all of Ghibli's films xD

Anyway *Goes to add to list*
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:08 pm
Porco Rosso is awesome. It basely means Crimson Pig. He flies in like the early 30's Italy, fighting air pirates and stuff. Its awesome stuff. The ending is just pure awesome in a can. And its hilarious. Thats one of the best things about it is its just great. pirate Air Pirates kick a**!  

Salen-Stormwing

Fashionable Protagonist

25,515 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Mister Minty

7,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:59 pm
Pom Poko is a movie about Tanuki (Shapechanging Racoons) who fight back against Humanity. It's a fairly funny animated movie. Done by the same guy who did Porco Rosso. Which I believe to be Hayao Miyazaki.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:33 pm
Damekko Doubutsu is kind of furry ^^...here is a link to the Anime News Network Encyclopedia entry about it.

Damekko Doubutsu  

Aiden Swiftcat

Shirtless Werewolf

9,950 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

RavendorFoxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:17 pm
In Inuyasha there's a raccoon dog anthro in it. He's one of Miroku's friends whe can change himself into different things, but his regular form is full anthro raccoon dog. There might be more, but I can't think of them right now...

((Shippou Rocks!!!))  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces