Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!
Cosplay!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cosplay?
  Yes, I love wearing costumes!
  Nah, I prefer to just observe others' costumes.
View Results

cheylani

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:11 pm
I'm planning on cosplaying this year, one of them being Kenshin, too. I don't have much time to work on it, though. Only a month.....

Anyways, who here plans on cosplaying or do cosplay? And what have you cosplayed in the past?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:21 am
If I cosplay I'd be one of my own characters. I don't like being other anime characters, I like fighting alongside them! ^^  

Chaos_The_Chosen_One

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:08 pm
I have never cosplayed in my life and I doubt I will unless I get a good reason. I doubt I will get a good reason cuz I know of no conventions in Guatemala. I have put on costumes but for halloween only.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:34 pm
I want to make a Kenshin costume for next year's convention, but I'm running into some trouble with it...(mainly, I had to cut my hair really short and I HATE wigs)

I haven't ever cosplayed before, but I did make a Tohru costume with the intention of wearing it to a convention. But in the end I had to change my plans and didn't go, and the costume is now lost. D:  

Chibi_Onigiri

cheylani

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 pm
I'm trying to make a costume for the convention next week, but I'm having a bit of trouble with Kenshin's pants. >< My hair's fine, though, cause it's auburn and long, so all I have to do is cut my bangs and pull it back. ^.^ Does anyone have any suggestions for the pants?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:38 am
how about a light weight jack , you can fix them too look like pants  

darkknight31

miken-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:28 pm
hypnocrown
I have never cosplayed in my life and I doubt I will unless I get a good reason. I doubt I will get a good reason cuz I know of no conventions in Guatemala. I have put on costumes but for halloween only.
Well, among cosplayers, Halloween is considered (Inter)National Cosplay Day...

I'm planning of borrowing a friend's shinigami robe and cosplaying as Ise Nanao this Halloween...that is, if I ever get over my fear of getting chased down driveways by people in dark robes...and I'm not sure if it's safe to walk the streets in a black robe...er...never mind...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:03 am
miken-chan

I'm planning of borrowing a friend's shinigami robe and cosplaying as Ise Nanao this Halloween...that is, if I ever get over my fear of getting chased down driveways by people in dark robes...and I'm not sure if it's safe to walk the streets in a black robe...er...never mind...

You too! D:

There is a creepy guy down the street

that chases me every Halloween.

He chased me all the way back to my

house then asked for candy.

I shut the door in his face.

I was Orochimaru for the last Anime Expo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oBrprXyf3i8

I'm the one high fiving everybody. I look like a tard! XD

We were going to steal Kadaj's box. . . .

I broke her sword instead. DX

Miwaslover

miken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:50 pm
Miwas went to AX 2006? Wow, that's really cool, the nearest anime convention around here is Otakon....and that's still 5-7 hours away...

How was your costume? I've heard from a lot of people that they're really hard (and expensive) to make...

Oh yeah, I remember heaing about CLAMP being there...even though there were really long lines...did you get to see them?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:23 pm
Cosplay is so fun! *squee*

I was A.B.A from Guilty Gear last Halloween and also at a con.

Halloween: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/Jam-Kiske/Cosplay/abacloseup3fn.jpg

Anime Central 2006: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h67/Jam-Kiske/Cosplay/Anime Central 2006/P6270078.jpg

I don't have money to get a costume for my next con and Halloween (i want to buy them since the ones I made aren't too good) so I'm probably just gonna put on a schoolgirl outfit I have with cat ears and tail. ^^  

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

miken-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:19 am
Wow! That's a cool costume!

There's this cosplay group called JAC Productions, that does skits at cons and mokes 5 minute or more movies for the skits.

They're really good, and fuunny, my favorites are: The Bleah Skit (both movie and con) and the Village of DDR (movie and con)

The link to their site is here:

CLICKETH FOR COSPLAY SKITS!!!

Oh yeah,. you might need to know a bit about Bleach, Naruto and a tiny bit of FF7 (For the shiokazecon skit)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:08 am
miken-chan
Miwas went to AX 2006? Wow, that's really cool, the nearest anime convention around here is Otakon....and that's still 5-7 hours away...

How was your costume? I've heard from a lot of people that they're really hard (and expensive) to make...

Oh yeah, I remember heaing about CLAMP being there...even though there were really long lines...did you get to see them?

Yes. Yes I was. Wow. -thinks- So near Boston right? @_@

My costume came out well cosidering my friend and I did

most of it at the last minute. It doesn't really get that

expensive overall to buy everything it was under 40 bucks!

lol We went to ross and got some cheap fabric and voila!

CLAMP was there but the lines were way to long. To get to the

front you had to wait like six hours! x_x ; I'm pretty sure you

can find some pictures of them online. When I saw I was like

" Wow. So that's what they look like. XD "

The worst thing though is the rabid fangirls. I got groped by an

Itachi and asked to pose for a yaoi picture. x_x Good memories

in a way I guess. ^_^''

Miwaslover

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:00 pm
miken-chan
Wow! That's a cool costume!

There's this cosplay group called JAC Productions, that does skits at cons and mokes 5 minute or more movies for the skits.

They're really good, and fuunny, my favorites are: The Bleah Skit (both movie and con) and the Village of DDR (movie and con)

The link to their site is here:

CLICKETH FOR COSPLAY SKITS!!!

Oh yeah,. you might need to know a bit about Bleach, Naruto and a tiny bit of FF7 (For the shiokazecon skit)

Dude... that was the best!!! ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:45 pm
^^ I've never cosplayed before. My friend's thinking of taking me along this month biggrin
I have a kimono from my friend when she took a trip to Okanawa, so I'll use that, get a wig and some makeup, and dress up like Tomoe. XD  

IyameSuki

~The Random Center~ Off topic glory!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff