Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Friends Skills

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

face-_-ache

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:45 am
On sims 2 (I have all the expansion packs if that makes any difference), is there any way that when you have a friend or somebody over, that you increase their skills? For instance...if you have a friend who you want in a band but they need creativity, but they are a townie so you can't play on them as a character, is there anything I can do to increase the townies creativity, because even if they are over playing on a guitar or something, there skill doesnt rise....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:50 am
Uhm...

I would consider looking for the Mind-Control Mirror

It might be somewhere on ModTheSims2.com, or try googling it. 3nodding  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

TheNamelessAngelofHell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:08 am
Yeah You could try that I like the Mirror to bad it only works for couple of mins.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:10 pm
I think this method works as well... before you go into the lot turn boolprop testingcheatsenabled on on (ctrl+shift+c). Go into the lot you want and then shift+click your friend and find the option that says "make selectable" and click it. Your friend should be on the sim list on the left. Now I think you can make them learn skills or slide it on the career menu. Just slide the skill you want them to have all the way to the end, or wherever you want. Now if you are done with them and you don't want to control your friend anymore, shift+click them and select the option "make unselectable". Also if you want to turn the testingcheats off then bring up the cheat window (ctrl+shift+c) and put this: boolprop testingcheatsenabled false  

nikkild13696

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:02 pm
Yeah, unfortunately I don't think there's a way without cheating. I know that sometimes if you go on a dream date with a skilled person, that your Sim can pick up a skill point, but unfortunately I don't think that works back the other way  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:49 pm
Theres a hack that allows other than your sims to gain skills at your house and your sims to gain skills at the community lots. It has been forever in my game and I cant remember where I get it. Proabably at MoreAwesomeThanYou or Insimenator.Net.  

SirEmino
Captain

hup123hup123slapslap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:09 pm
if you want make them move in with you get their skills up and move them out again  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:19 pm
nikkild13696
I think this method works as well... before you go into the lot turn boolprop testingcheatsenabled on on (ctrl+shift+c). Go into the lot you want and then shift+click your friend and find the option that says "make selectable" and click it. Your friend should be on the sim list on the left. Now I think you can make them learn skills or slide it on the career menu. Just slide the skill you want them to have all the way to the end, or wherever you want. Now if you are done with them and you don't want to control your friend anymore, shift+click them and select the option "make unselectable". Also if you want to turn the testingcheats off then bring up the cheat window (ctrl+shift+c) and put this: boolprop testingcheatsenabled false
Could you explain this a little bit more please  

Tunty

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:58 am
here is the hack. have fun! link  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:16 am
Tunty
nikkild13696
Could you explain this a little bit more please

I didnt right this, but you said to explain so i will. biggrin YOu use the boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true and shift click and choose make selectable, You can control them, just like anyone else in the house, and use something that gives the skill point you want. They will keep the skill points, ans if you dont want to control them any more shift click and choose make unselectable  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:15 pm
Here's my advice:

Like someone stated before, have your friend move in with you. If you don't want them to live with you, but still be playable, have them find their own place and have them move there.

That's the best way to do it without any hacks/cheats.  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games