Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Dan Brown

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Razten Mizuten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:02 am
This one just had to make a thread about this guy.
Sorry if it's pissing you off as much as it is this one, but here's a chance to rant about him! ^_^

Post about any of the books he has written, but this one would prefer it if we didnt get into a religious debate about 'the Da Vinci Code'.

Sorry again.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:52 am
Deception Point is his best book.  

SJC^Superslacker^

Moppeh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:51 am
My favorite book of his was Angels and Deamons.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:07 am
I've only read the Da Vinci Code out of his books, and it wasn't impressive at all. I personally don't see the big deal about it. So, I am not in a rush to read any other books of his.  

Eleusinian Mysteries

The_Domo_Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:57 am
Deception Point, Digital Fortress, and Angels And Demons were his best. They all were structured well, cleanly writen, and pretty damn acurate. By far though, The Da Vinci Code was his worst.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:52 am
Angels and Demons was my favorite. I love how his stories are so packed with information yet it doesn't feel like he's rambling.  

Bard of Nirvana

Mekaama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:07 pm
He's shallow. His main character almost always gets the exotic and beautiful girl at the end. His works are interesting, yes, but shallow.
And yes, Angels and Demons was my favorite too.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:32 am
Personally i liked Digital Fortress best. I'm just a sucker for all that technical mumbo jumbo. rofl  

Nayia_Aqua

d e s d e m o n o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:17 am
Gimmicks, all of them. His writing style sucks (in my opinion), and he uses the same rather simplistic plot line in EVERY ONE of his books.
stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:27 pm
Wow. Harsh reviews for the Da Vinci Code.
Yeah, it wasnt nearly as good as his other works... but i thought it was a good book. He worked everything in well and I think that if his book caused so much religious debate, it was good writing.

I've read WAY worse.  

Shaynadorf

Aubrey Nicole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:08 am
Well, I read Da Vinci Code and it wasn't very good. Too MUCH information, not enough actual novel-ness. It would have made better nonfiction.
I started reading Angels and Demons, and that was about as bad as Da Vinci Code, so I stopped. I don't think he's a very good fiction writer, I'm sorry.
The information, of course, was interesting, but that's a different point entirely. As a writer he's not worth reading, in my opinion.
(Probably made a whole bunch of people mad right there, huh?)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:46 pm
I've read other religious type books, and so far Dan Brown has done a nice job of writing. The only complaint I heard, was that it was too fast paced. But, I am a Religious Studies Major, so I think the books appealed to me because of my backround.

I like his writing style, and that comes after reading all of his books and other authors.  

TheWindySea

Liberal Autobiographer

ljosberinn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:52 am
Only read the DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons. I loved the information but I have to agree that the storyline was rather shallow. I liked reading them though and I read the DaVinci Code twice, I generally don't like action novels but I was for some reason drawn to these, probably because of the information, again.

Now that I think about it, the storylines actually pretty much sucked.. and they really are the same stare

Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games