View Results

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:44 pm
Is there any reason why these quests are SO expensive?! I got the first half of the information for about 7k, the second half it's going to cost me all the neopoints I have IF I can even find the item!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:25 pm
I think it's to encourage you to spend more time on the site.  

Cassidy Peterson
Captain

Garbage

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:28 am
That wouldn't make too much sense seeing as they give you an hour to get the information to the Brain Tree.
gonk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:04 am
The snow faerie seems to adore giving me expensive quests, nevermind the other quest givers. gonk  

Femme Anachronism

Shiama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:10 pm
yea but i havent done those quests in so long it is unbelieveable..i might try a snow faerie quest or something and they are all expensive though >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:00 pm
1969 In My Head
That wouldn't make too much sense seeing as they give you an hour to get the information to the Brain Tree.
gonk

Well, more time as in, so that you can afford to take the quests.  

Cassidy Peterson
Captain

Garbage

Certified Dyke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:08 pm
Brain Tree Quests are usually expensive since they have two parts. I only completed one to get the Brain Tree as a Battledome opponent.

I personally prefer the Snow Faerie quests. I only do them if they cost (in total) under 3k. I've finished her quests for under 1k and she usually hands out 2-3k, a snowball, and an item (sometimes good, sometimes not so good).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:39 am
Cassidy Peterson
1969 In My Head
gonk

Well, more time as in, so that you can afford to take the quests.

Ah, yeah.
whee

I actually think, I got my Faerie PB from a Brain Tree quest, or it was the Fruit Machine...
sweatdrop

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250

milkfree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:04 pm
they can be ridiculously expensive! I tend to avoid the Brain Tree since he only ever gave me splinters anyway and quest for the Esophagor when it's cheap. Once he gave me Medicinal Soap 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:31 pm
Hmmm my quest always seem real cheap.  

KeliJo

GraphiteHelix

Brainy Geek

9,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:28 pm
Brain Tree/Esophagor costs can vary. There was this one time where I had a cheap quest and managed to get back 8,918NP, a Bearog and a silver brain tree trophy. The next time I took the quest, it was rediculously expensive...and I only got 2K back for that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:17 pm
*huh* OF COURSE thy're expensive! That's why I don't DO them!!! It seems kind of stupid to complain about something you don't have to do... xp
If you don't like how expensive the quests are, don't DO them!!! xd

Felidae Labyrinthine

Izzy Akira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:56 am
It's becasue the normal neopian shops have them priced for less but since they are so rare the quest will be over before you can get one from the shops, you have to buy them from the users. Since the item is so rare they think they have to X the original price by 10 cause they are jerks like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:51 am
yes, i see. i told my friend about iht, and she was doing it. the things costed her thousands, but she managed to complete it.. anad after that, she just kept playing like all of the neopets games, and now, she has gained back all the neopionts lost for that quest, and she even has more... you just have to play a few games to gain back those neopoints like my friend did. hey, anyways, are all the questions from the Brain Tree the same? if so, theni probably could just type in the same answers taht my friend got... xp  

xLeath

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:31 pm
milkfree
they can be ridiculously expensive! I tend to avoid the Brain Tree since he only ever gave me splinters 3nodding
gah! I spent thousands on his quest, and all I got was a spliter that I could sell for only a few np. >_>  
Neopia Central

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff