Submit

Anima Lux

Fashionable Star

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:46 pm
Okay, so... My life has gone all haywire.

I'm in debt pretty bad ($600+), I'm working two jobs (which are, somehow, scheduling me less hours, even tho they say I'm a great employee), I'm probably not going to get my scholarships for next semester because I didn't do well last semester, and this guy that caused me problems before (my boyfriend's ex-best friend) has sent me a message saying he misses haning out with me and my boyfriend.

Not to mention a bunch of other crap that's going on.

gonk

I need help. Does anyone know any relaxation/ serenity/ peaceful things which I can do to help ease the stress of my life? I mean, I know all this is stuff I have to deal with (and am dealing with), I just want to not be so stressed out all the time! 'Cause usually, when I'm stressed, I make bad choices that just make things worse.

So.. spells, techniques, therapies, anyone?

I need to get back in touch with my spiritual side a little more. :<

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:13 pm
Meditation is great. Try connecting to whoever your god/dess is and asking for advice/help. Usually works for me.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Eric Wolfborn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:21 pm
When you're worried about your debt, remember that mine is about 1400$ greater. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:08 pm
Eric, your sig is amazing!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:14 am
When I'm stressed as of late, I try meditation, but that isn't always enough because I'm generally a high stress person. Any problem heralds the immediate end of the world for me; it's all over there's no way to fix it, it's just done. And it's not healthy. So lately I've stepped things up a bit, and I work with Rhiannon when I'm stressed; it's never a spell, just some journeying and meditation but she's been wonderful. Just a really calm, reassuring presence with sound advice when she feels it's needed.

As far as spells go, you might try working some sort of prosperity spell; with vacation season now at hand, you might end up with some extra hours at work. I know what it's lkike to get hour cuts unexpectedly, and it bites. Especially when you need them to pay rent. Try it, and work with a god you feel comfortable with; I usually ask Lugh or Cernunnous, but that's just one descended Celt asking a founding Celt for a bit of a hand. Do what works for you.

And always remember: You could be Gypsy, be $30000 in the hole, and know that you're going to be at least that again before you get out of university. xd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:22 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Eric, your sig is amazing!

Just doing my civic duty. biggrin  

Eric Wolfborn

Esteloth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:27 pm
As other people have said, meditation works well. I'd suggest sports though, or any form of exercise to help you vent and deal with stress. Swimming could combine meditation and exercise. Cool silkiness around you, the weightlessness... almost like flying... 3nodding Not to mention the fact that it allows you to work out your muscles evenly^-^. Otherwise, jogging/running/cycling too.

[Edit]Agreed... your sig is amazing rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:01 am
Esteloth
As other people have said, meditation works well. I'd suggest sports though, or any form of exercise to help you vent and deal with stress. Swimming could combine meditation and exercise. Cool silkiness around you, the weightlessness... almost like flying... 3nodding Not to mention the fact that it allows you to work out your muscles evenly^-^. Otherwise, jogging/running/cycling too.

Of course, you're kinda biased for swimming... xd  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Esteloth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:33 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Esteloth

Of course, you're kinda biased for swimming... xd

Just a little... razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:43 pm
Y'all are forgetting something. All you're doing is talking about meditation and spells and s**t. I know it works, don't get me wrong, but just do it the old fashioned way. Beat the everliving s**t out of something. Great stress reliever.  

Autumn Falls13

jessicamundi

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:52 pm
Meditation is good, and finding some nice relaxing simplistic music also helps. But in the thick of things when everything is whizzing at you too quickly, take a second and breathe deeply. In that breath, disconnect yourself from your stress and your worries. Look at them from a third person point of view. That helps you calm things down a lot, because you are able to see that your problems are only as big as you make them, no matter what happens. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:56 pm
Meditate, or exercise, or find something engrossing but low stress (a trashy novel).  

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

Skasha

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:13 pm
I like to do bubble baths when I get stressed. If its really bad then I do some light (gotta be aware, and not acidentally fall asleep) meditation.

Or, if you've got a boyfriend or girlfriend ask them to give you a massage. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:13 pm
Lavender is a relaxing smell (well any aroma that relaxes you really works...)

Rose quarts are sapposed to be good for releaving stress I believe

And yoga is awesome! ^-^ Main thing to try that is very simple in yoga is sitting up straight or doing back bends (Nothing extreme, laying on the bed or floor with a pillow supporting your lower back works) back bends energize the body.

And if nothing else, beat the crap out of your mattress (I suggest soft surfaces so as not to hurt yourself...and so as not to hurt anyone else when releasing agression)

Another good one is just to scream ^-^

MysticalBlueRse

The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces