Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What's up with this? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ticks you off?
  Yes?
  No?
  Why should it?
View Results

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:51 pm
Okay, one thing that kind of ticks me off about Sims 2 is that there's no weather! It's always sunny, and that bothers me. What about the rest of you?
((if this thread was already here sorry, i'm new to the guild sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:47 pm
Originally, there was supposed to be weather in The Sims 2, but Maxis took it out for some unknown reason.

But if you look at it, it's the same for The Sims 1, unless you have Vacation and you go to the snowy mountains. neutral  

Ferrari_Carr

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:50 pm
Not an unknown reason... They couldn't stop it from raining in the houses.

Some people have been able to add weather to the game (I tried it once) and it will rain IN THE HOUSE, even if you have a roof. It's actually kind of aggravating, moreso than not having it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:55 pm
AnnoyingEvil1
Not an unknown reason... They couldn't stop it from raining in the houses.

Some people have been able to add weather to the game (I tried it once) and it will rain IN THE HOUSE, even if you have a roof. It's actually kind of aggravating, moreso than not having it.

hm.... i wonder if they will fix it? and yeah, it's better to not have if it rains inside sweatdrop  

Oceanic_Alchemist

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:06 pm
It'd be awesome to have seasons... like the game Harvest Moon!! Snow, rain, leaves changing/falling. Awesome!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:15 am
Nope, not having weather has never ever bothered me. Maybe it's something to do with living in a place that rarely gets rain (though at the moment we're having a bit of it). For me it's quite normal to have beautiful sunny days with barely any clouds in the sky, summer and winter.

But I will admit that I did love The Sims 1 Vacation because it had snow in it. I loved the snow...but I don't really want snow coming through the house  

Spoilt_lil_missy

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:25 am
Simslice.com fixed the problem. If you're willing to pay a few extra dollars.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Look for their weather machine! It has automated season.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:52 am
SirEmino

thats freakin awsome! thanks for the site byt the way! blaugh  

Oceanic_Alchemist

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:54 am
Spoilt_lil_missy
Nope, not having weather has never ever bothered me. Maybe it's something to do with living in a place that rarely gets rain (though at the moment we're having a bit of it). For me it's quite normal to have beautiful sunny days with barely any clouds in the sky, summer and winter.

But I will admit that I did love The Sims 1 Vacation because it had snow in it. I loved the snow...but I don't really want snow coming through the house

i can understand what your saying. I live in Arizona, sunny year round! But it gets tiring after a while so i yearn for real weather.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:41 pm
yea you know Sims 2 pets, well, if it rained in your house then the dogs will like be rolling in soggy carpet confused  

Blue~Power

Oceanic_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:44 pm
Midnight_Rose_ROX
yea you know Sims 2 pets, well, if it rained in your house then the dogs will like be rolling in soggy carpet confused

that'd be funny. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:56 am
Rally_Pchan
It'd be awesome to have seasons... like the game Harvest Moon!! Snow, rain, leaves changing/falling. Awesome!

I love harvest moon. whee Well. I think they should get right on that- fixing the problem, I mean. Weather would be so fun. And your sims could have the option to like..."use umbrella." 3nodding and get electracuted, because Maxis sometimes likes to get a har-har.  

MinaTheRomanticNeko

Ferrari_Carr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:35 am
MinaTheRomanticNeko
Rally_Pchan

I love harvest moon. whee Well. I think they should get right on that- fixing the problem, I mean. Weather would be so fun. And your sims could have the option to like..."use umbrella." 3nodding and get electracuted, because Maxis sometimes likes to get a har-har.

I watched a clip for The Sims 2 before it came out, and it showed a girl in a hot tub. Then, it started to rain, and she got electrocuted.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:16 am
SirEmino

or you could send it to me via MSNIM ninja  

Zwiebelsaft!

Sweet_Melissad

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:04 pm
This does bother me too, because I feel like they are too hot to be in certain clothes and things like... I don't know, I'm just weird like that... I just like it to be realistic...  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff