Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Writers Block! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  =3
View Results

Tarucake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:04 am
Hello!I want to write,but when I get started I either quite,or I get writers block!HElp me!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:16 am
Relax

Thats one of the best things. Get comfy, settling down with a nice drink and a snack. Put on some of your fave tunes in the bg and make sure you are alone in your place of inspiration

When you are relaxed, calmly start writing razz

Thats what I do (unless its a poem about depression)  

Starlit-Chan

hapahaole
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:28 am
so which problem do you have now? or do you not want to start because of what seems inevitable?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:28 pm
I hate that, it happens to me too. I want to write, but I can't.

So I try to force myself to write. Then I leave, read a little bit of other people's works, set myself to try & write better than them, then come back and reread my own work, then start writing something spectacular. :} lolol  

laundromat passion

WordsWillCome

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:13 pm
I agree with some of the others. I've found listening to music like what you want to write sometimes helps. Also reading other's works always makes me want to write more.

Hehe i'm not saying this will work every time but one time i got writer's block so to show it up i wrote about it. Came out as a pretty good poem.

When you're really stuck think outside the box. Set aside what you're working on and set about discribing something without saying what it is for example. Like a yellow starburst or something, anything. (that's what my teacher made us do one time. let me tell you that was hard!)

Being alone or in relative quiet can help.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:51 pm
it always helps to read something else, maybe you can get inspiration from the book you're reading and come up with something.  

xConsx

Pup in Fluff
Captain

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:43 pm
Something that's always helped me is doing a random brainstorm. Take out a piece of paper and write random phrases or quotes that you like...maybe draw a few pictures. Something will dawn on you eventually.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:03 pm
Starlit-Chan
Relax

Thats one of the best things. Get comfy, settling down with a nice drink and a snack. Put on some of your fave tunes in the bg and make sure you are alone in your place of inspiration

When you are relaxed, calmly start writing razz

Thats what I do (unless its a poem about depression)

. . . . I relax in water. . .that's a little difficult heh sweatdrop  

frostburnedlily

imusonata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:15 pm
i get writer's block all the time
arg...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:41 am
I've found listening to music, quiet areas , and calmimg your mind works.
Additionally, a minor amount of meditation is calming.
Write in a fave location, and a place of beauty.
(A great veiw/ artwork/sounds. )  

WildWildWindWhisperer
Vice Captain

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200

Butler The Great

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:49 am
What I do is turn over in my mind what i want my begining and end to be. I need to think about waht I want to happen, and how to achieve it. I find myself dictating sentences in my mind. That's a good way to get things going. Also, depending on the song or genre or artist, music will either distract you or help you think.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:31 am
Just start writing random things! Often times when I'm having a problem writing a story or poem, it's because I have a lot on my mind. Just grab another peice of paper and start writing. DON'T THINK! JUST WRITE! <---thats the most important part! If you truly do this, then whatever you were thinking about won't take up so many of your thoughts and your mind will be free to think other things!

This exercise also helps when you're sad and you dont know why! When you just write without thinking, you'll often learn things about yourself that you didn't know about yourself! ^_^  

Mistress Spider

Questionable Hellraiser

11,550 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Loiterer 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

funkyspikemike

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:14 am
Maybe starting in the beginning is the problem. Try starting in the middle or the end of whatever you are writing and then work around that.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:32 am
I find that talking to another person brings me inspiration.
Their personality brings me back to earth so if I've come up with a character in my novel that's a little too perfect I realise what I've done and I fix it.

If you're starting a story always be sure that your writing to impress yourself and not someone else. Otherwise its bound to fail.
At least I think so.

Have a storyline or a meaning that you feel deeply about or you really enjoy writing.

Calm places don't work for me.  

Overworkedandunderpaid

CocoReed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:16 am
I find that if I already have it in mind what I want to write but can't seem to find the drive to actually type it, I open up Notepad and make plot points. When I'm done it's usually easier to connect the dots and just write it all out.  
The Writing on the Wall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff