Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
inexpencive items that can fit in an envelope Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:25 pm
I recently sponsored a child, her name is regina and she is five, and they have a rule that you cant send parcels because of extra tax and because other children get sad when they dont get anything but their friends do.
But they also say that you can send inexpencive items in an envelope, they use the example of stickers.
I recon that a little beaded bracelett with her name on it would totally fit into that catagory. and I want to put some paper dolls in the next letter I send.
I want to know if you guys have any other ideas about what to send her  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:29 am
Hmmm, the stickers thing is a good idea, all 5 year olds love stickers! Or some quirky, brightly coloured, hair ties might be good too.  

Squirrel of Doom

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:25 am
well the hair ties thing is a nice idea but she does not really have much hair
but when I was little I loooved ribbons, and for no perticular reason.
that would be a cool thing to send  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:32 am
hmmm maybe like a coloring sheet and a box of 8 crayons? A pretty post card...seed packet (i dunno if a 5yr old would be interested)...pressed flowers...a collage...

Sending to a 5 year old is pretty tough!  

paradisecrane

NaiKhanomDtom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:11 am
I've made things like rings and chains out of guitar strings. That relatively cheap but still kind of interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:37 pm
You could also make friendship bracelets. They're pretty and colourfull and are generally less-likely to break than beaded ones. 3nodding  

curli

Progidus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:51 am
I'd send origami diagrams (ranging from easy to intermediate or something) and some nice paper..
Or directions on how to make a friendship bracelet and string!
You can do her much more good by teaching her how to do something than just giving her things, I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:08 pm
When I had a penpal, I sent him a pencil for his birthday, and it was pretty cool. Paper dolls would be absolutely wonderful, and if you keep a template of the doll, you could send new outfits each time!  

jeans

5,650 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

carnivore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:24 pm
when i was little i could spend hours doing mazes. I loved them. The bigger the better. I even used to make my own. Maybe you could send her some simple mazes.
Or you could do beaded rings, or small puzzles.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:47 pm
pretty much everyone else has taken the suggestions, but that's just an excuse for saying that my creativity has failed me at this moment. i guess you could always just send a drawing. that's what i would do anyway. sweatdrop  

PashminaBallerina

Tipsy Prophet

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:02 am
seee
I knew you guys would come up with some brilliant ideas for me ^-^
thanks,  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:19 am
Thats a good idea.. but maybe making her a FLOSS friendship bracelet would be better. You actually can't put beaded bracelets (pony bead size or half that size ) In an envelope and send it.

It wont fit through the machine and really pisses the people at the post office off ( I know.. I am one )so it would have to be relitively small. But you could put it in a TINY envelope... - thinks - I dunno how to descrobe it.. but a envelope that is made for holding such things as beads but is smaller then half the size of an envelope. That might would work.  

Rum N Coke

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rum N Coke

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:21 am
for the paper doll idea.. you can buy the large executive size envelopes.. they're like regular ones only longer. They actually make puzzles tiny enough that would fit in an envelope like that and have no problem and no broken pieces and are easy to make ^_^.

Check at value village.. I went in there once and i found two tiny kodak kitten puzzles that were small and still sealed  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:31 am
I don't know if they still make these, but I bought some blank, small puzzles at a craft store, many years ago. You make a cool drawing on the puzzle and send it. When she gets it, she can break it up and play with it.

Or, you could send her a little, flat origami piece. Most easy origami flatens well.  

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:19 pm
Puzzles, Candy, Homeade Headband. (They're fun to make. smile )  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff