5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Only Japanese products
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 37

Ling-Rei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:12 am
Take a look at these new products from Great Eastern (a company that makes licensed products for licensed anime. no bootlegs here)

Kenshin plushies (release date TBA):
User Image
User Image
User Image
Each plushie will cost around $10-$13

Kenshin keychains (already released):
User Image
User Image
User Image
Each keychain will cost around $3.50-$4.50
The color looks off, but that's just the image quality, not the actual keychain.
They're very cute, aren't they? I especially like the design of the Kaoru ones.

You can buy them at aaanime.com
I'm not sure if they'll be available in any stores. I doubt you'll be able to buy them at Suncoast since they recently started to get rid of all their anime/manga stuff that aren't DVDs. Maybe Hot Topic or a bookstore may sell these.

What bothers me is that the keychain and plush look pretty much the same. I know that many people will throw a fit and rant about how the Japanese products are better, and to support the Japanase ones and not the shabbier American ones. I agree that the Japanese plushies are way better, but the problem is that they are extremely rare and expensive. If you ever actually find one for sale, it'll be up for at least $40. (Except the Megumi one. I've seen the Megumi one go for $12.99...probably because it looks stranger than the rest) If you find any other Japanese Kenshin plush for really cheap, then it's probably thebootleg version, which sucks majorly; I made the mistake of buying it, thinking it was the real one. For more information about bootleg plushies and which ones are real and which ones are fake, go to this topic on the ufocatcher.com forums. Don't be tricked into buying the bootleg!

To see the official Japanese Kenshin plushies, (they're adorable and worth looking at) go to http://www.kanegon.com/ufo/kenshin.htm

I encourage everyone to buy the American products to support the Kenshin series ^_^ And good luck if you're looking for the Japanese ones...they're way hard to find.

(edit)Poll added. So people can get gold. And because I'm curious.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:34 am
I think these are better than the Japanese ones (runs from a mob of angry otaku) because the Japanese ones always make Kenshin look mean rather than cute.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ling-Rei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:40 am
I like the American ones too. As far as I know there's only one Japanese plush that makes Kenshin look angry, and that's the battosai plush. The other two make him look like a happy Rurouni ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:43 am
I like most of the american plushies. 'Cept for Sano.(Then again I don't like any of his plushies.) And I like the Kaoru and Sano Keychains.  

Hurrikan

Chibibotan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:30 am
The Kenshin plushie looks adorable!!! heart heart When I get money I'll buy it... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:23 pm
I like the Kenshin doll and keychain best! It's soo cute! heart He actually is cuter in the American version(and no way I'm paying $40...)  

Chibi_Onigiri

Chibibotan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:40 pm
Yea, I wish the japanese ones weren't as expensive  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:49 pm
I really want the battosai plush. He looks so mean, but at the same time, not. Because it's chibi. I'm surprised that the Japanese actually released a Captain Sagara plush.

I'm a bit disappointed in how the American version of Sano came out. It looks a bit shabby. I like the Japanese one where he actually has a fishbone in his mouth.
I think I'll buy the Kenshin & Kaoru american plushies, and the Kaoru keychain. (I have the kenshin and sano keychain..got it at Sakuracon)  

Ling-Rei

Chibibotan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:39 pm
The Sano Japanese one has a fishbone? Awww... xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:18 pm
Ling-Rei
User Image
I already have this one xd  

Nightwind-Dragon

Feral Dragon

23,750 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Keihara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:12 am
AWWWW! that is so cute! i can't wait to buy them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:44 am
Nightwind-Dragon
Ling-Rei
User Image
I already have this one xd

You do?! xp xd  

Chibibotan

ponponpon way x2

Wild Comrade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:13 pm
Well, I could always get the Sano keychain, because the plushies don't quite interest me. But, first, if there's any Sojirou merchandise in existence, I'll try to track that down if I'm buying anything to begin with.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:26 pm
awesome i can't wait to buy them all!!!!  

Rorouni_Samurai

5,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

-Tsuki Yogensha-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:04 pm
The plushies slighty disturb me as all anime plushies of that style. The keychains on the other hand; I want them all! I especially like the Sano one.  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff