Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Throwing great parties

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pot kettle black

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:33 pm
All the house parties I've tried to have have been "snoozers" no matter what I tried to do D:

Any tips on throwing great house parties?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:57 pm
There are a few basic things to think about. Food, Fun, Social, etc. Basically, do whatever will keep you're guest's needs high, which in turn keeps them happy.

1. Have food already out and served when you're guests arrive.
2. Have a radio/stereo with music turned on. (It doesn't matter what station, the sims who want to dance will change the station themselves)
3. Hot tubs! Having one of these is a great way to keep your sim's social meter high, and make new friends at the same time.
4. Make sure everything is clean before your guests get to the party. (I hire a maid on top of having my sim clean.)
5. MAKE SURE THE TOILETS ARE CLEAN AND FLUSHED!
6. Make sure there is enough seats for everyone. If your sim is sitting at a table with 3 other sims, then they get relationship points with all of them!
7. Get a bar and hire a bar tender for the evening. (optional)
8. If you have a baby, then feed them, change their diaper before the guests arrive, and put them into their crib, in a room by themselves. Then, go into build mode, and sell the door, so no one can borther, but if it starts crying, put the door back and take care of it. this ensures that the mother/father sim can enjoy the party too, while the baby sleeps!
9. Have a good amount of paintings/decorations.
10. Force your sims to interact with one another. The number 1 factor in a good party is the social meter of ALL the sims. Even the guests.

Those are the big things. I got up a level from snoozer, just by following 1, 2, and 10. Go out and have a great party!  

goatguy_64

pot kettle black

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:02 pm
Thanks for the help, I'll try it out :3  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:12 pm
I've thrown some good parties recently just by having my Sims hang out with the guests. But I also buy cake (for birthday and wedding) and champagne to toast and those party balloons. But as long as the host interacts with the guests, then they tend to have a good time.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:10 pm
They need to have fun and social. What better way to increase that than the hot tub? smile .  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:06 pm
Hey, I know you, you used to be a regular in the GD. surprised

Anyway, although goatguy_64 gave wonderful tips, I must add some of my own, along with a little story.

I had a family of mine, the Campbell's, throw a barbeque party once. They had no hot tub, no bar, and no MYSHUNO! game.

All I had to work with was a barbeque, a stereo, and an outdoor chess table.

Can you believe that with the mother cooking burgers, the father playing chess, and the kids dancing to the stereo, I got a "Good Time" rating? surprised

It may not be the best rating, but it least it landed in a "good memory" category.

So, my tips:

1. The bigger the family, the better the party.

2. Do what Martha Stewart does, and improvise. If you're low on cash, don't buy something you're only going to use for a party and return it later. Use what you have. You can have a very unique party WITHOUT the big hot tub and bar.

3. Make sure almost all of your family members are doing something to entertain the guests. Have some people dance with the guests, others having conversations, and always have one prepare the food.

4. Don't have a party on a day any of your sims have to work/go to school, unless it's a neccessary party, like a birthday party. Although you can have a party on one of those days, it isn't really wise to do so, seeing as how ((assuming your sims work the 9 to 3 schedule)) your sim will be too tired/needy when he/she comes home from work/school.

Hopefully, those tips can help you as well. Good luck.  

Ferrari_Carr

pot kettle black

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:07 pm
Ferrari_Carr
Hey, I know you, you used to be a regular in the GD. surprised

Yasrsly

Until I got so absorbed in my quest that I forgot about the GD completely rofl
I'll be back when it's done :3

And thanks for the help, everyone n_______n <3

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff