Gate to the News Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:23 am
Here's a section for Stargate related news. Try to post a link back to the site if you received the news from it. If not from the the web, please try to tell us where you got the news.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:26 am
GateWorld
Anderson to receive Air Force award
SEPTEMBER 9, 2004

Stargate SG-1 star and executive producer Richard Dean Anderson ("Jack O'Neill") will be recognized by the U.S. Air Force for the show's positive depiction of the Air Force on September 14.
Anderson will be recognized at the Air Force Association's 57th Annual Air Force Anniversary Dinner in Washington, D.C. Chief of Staff General John P. Jumper -- who filmed a guest spot as himself for the Season Seven finale "Lost City" -- will be on hand to participate.

In conjunction with the award, Anderson will also tour the Pentagon and visit with wounded troops at Walter Reed Hospital.

The Air Force's previous Chief of Staff, General Michael Ryan, previously appeared as himself in Season Four's "Prodigy."

GateWorld.net  

SammySue
Crew

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:02 pm
Guess what! Wayne Brady is going to be a guest star on Stargate SG-1! In a new episode later this season called "It's Good To Be King" I look forward to that, I like Wayne Brady a lot. biggrin
I will leave this think to spoliers on the episode in case some people don't want to be spolied.
http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x1.shtml  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:46 am
GateWorld
Stargate trading card games due in April
SEPTEMBER 8, 2004

Genio Group, Inc. will create brand new trading card games based on Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, the company announced today. The games are officially licensed by MGM, and the first series -- based on SG-1 -- will make its debut in April, 2005.
The games will, of course, include the characters and storylines from the two hit series. The initial 140-card set will be available in playable pre-built decks of 50 cards, and 9-card booster packs.

While there is no word yet on the mechanics of the game itself, Genio has previously developed trading card games based on "Marvel Super Heroes," "Mighty Beanz," and "Myths and Legends." Genio will distribute the trading card games in North, Central, and South America, and Europe, where they should be available in major retailers, hobby stores, and comic stores.

GateWorld.net  

SammySue
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:56 am
If you want to catch more Amanda Tapping, tune into Proof Positive.

GateWorld

Tapping provides Proof Positive
AUGUST 31, 2004

Stargate SG-1 co-star Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter") will take a walk on the reality side when she hosts this fall's new original series Proof Positive: Evidence of the Paranormal for The SCI FI Channel. The 1-hour weekly series kicks off on October 6 as part of the cable network's new "SCI FI Wednesday" block of original, primetime programming (story).

Here's how SCI FI describes the new show:

"Proof Positive explores the blurry line between science fiction and science fact -- using cutting-edge forensics to test evidence of human encounters with the paranormal. Each episode looks at three stories (including such topics as encounters with ghosts and aliens, as well as reincarnation, demonic possession, unexplained lights, etc), all of which contain convincing evidence that the story is true. After the stories are recounted with interviews and documentary footage, the evidence is subjected to rigorous forensic testing by scientists and field-specific experts. Throughout the program, the viewing audience will be challenged to figure out which one of the three stories will be revealed to be 'proof positive.'"

Proof Positive will air Wednesdays at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.

GateWorld.net  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:45 pm
GateWorld

Wisconsin fan wins Stargate walk-on role
SEPTEMBER 16, 2004

Wausau, Wisconsin's own Nathan Flamino is Stargate's newest guest star, The SCI FI Channel announced today. Flamino is the winner of this year's "Get In The Gate" sweepstakes, earning him a trip to the Vancouver, British Columbia sets for a walk-on role in both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.
The contest was a smashing success for the network, with nearly 700,000 entries making it their biggest sweepstakes ever -- 1,150 percent bigger than last's year's "Get In The Gate" promotion.
Flamino will likely appear on episodes near the end of this season for both shows, airing in early 2005.

And . . .

GateWorld

Creation announces conventions for 2005
SEPTEMBER 13, 2004

Creation Entertainment has announced its initial plans for the 2005 Official Stargate SG-1 Convention Tour, which will visit at least six U.S. cities next year. The tour will return to Burbank, Chicago, and the New York area, where Creation held its first three Stargate events this summer, and will add at least three new stops.
The current schedule is as follows:
Dallas, Texas - February 25-27 with Christopher Judge ("Teal'c"), Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson"), and Don S. Davis ("George Hammond")
Burbank, California - July 8-10 with Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks
Boston, Massachusetts - July 15-17 with Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, and Don S. Davis
New Jersey / New York - August 5-7 with Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks
Columbus, Ohio - August 19-21 with Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, and Don S. Davis
Chicago, Illinois - August 26-28 with Christopher Judge and Michael Shanks
All guests are tentative, and Creation plans to add more guests and more cities to the tour in the months ahead. You can always find the latest convention listings in GateWorld's Conventions section! Tickets are now available at Creation's official SG-1 site, at fansofstargate.com

GateWorld.net  

SammySue
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:45 pm
Anna Sokol of GateWorld
Special Report: A Day of Honors
SEPTEMBER 20, 2004
by Anna Sokol

Actor and executive producer Richard Dean Anderson was honored Tuesday, September 14th for his and Stargate SG-1's positive depiction of the U.S. Air Force at it's 57th Annual Air Force Association Dinner in Washington, D.C.

Anderson's day began with an extended visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center to visit with soldiers who have been injured in Iraq. When asked about his visit Anderson said, "This will stay with me forever. I wish that I had thought about going sooner." He was recognized as both MacGyver and as Jack O'Neill, which he said "was a little scary."

An hour's visit turned into two, and finally he was whisked away for a tour of the Pentagon. As a guest of Air Force General John P. Jumper, Anderson was taken on a tour of the Pentagon that included the newly rebuilt section that was destroyed on 9/11.

There was an interesting buzz surrounding Richard Dean Anderson during the pre-dinner cocktail party. A steady hum of "Look, it's MacGyver," or "It's Colonel O'Neill" -- and even a mention of General Hospital -- could be heard. I began to realize that I was probably the only person who watched him in Legend, and decided to keep my mouth shut.

Anderson was most kind and graciously posed for pictures with anyone who approached him. I had the opportunity to ask him a few questions about his visit to Walter Reed and the Pentagon, both of which left a big impact on him.

Beside asking about a Season Nine for Stargate (he doesn't believe that there will be one), my only other show-related question, although silly, was regarding the silver/black flight suits that they wore when flying the F-302 hybrid fighter. Anderson laughed and said that when he first laid eyes on the suit, a "You've got to be kidding" came out of his mouth.

The awards ceremony took place before the dinner. General Jumper took the stage and spoke about having a special V.I.P. in the audience. He introduced a video compilation clip of special moments from Stargate SG-1 that included guest appearances from both General Michael E. Ryan and himself. The audience went completely wild upon seeing General Jumper, sitting in the mock Oval Office discussing the fight against Anubis. It was so loud that you couldn't hear what he was saying in the clip! Following the video clip, General Jumper formally introduced Richard Dean Anderson to a roaring standing ovation.

Looking a bit confused, Anderson took to the stage not quite knowing what to do. General Jumper began to speak his complimentary praises. He first presented him with a hand-carved eagle statuette, which represents the Air Force. He went on to say, "Colonel Jack O'Neill was recently promoted to the rank of Brigadier General. It's about time, since he saves the world nearly every week! And in honor of that promotion," Jumper continued, "we are presenting Richard with this medallion and honorary General's stars."

Genuinely surprised and touched, Anderson accepted the case containing the stars and approached the podium to express his gratitude. He thanked everyone and regaled the audience with a couple of stories from the filming of the "Prodigy" episode that involved General Michael Ryan. With much humility and graciousness, he concluded his remarks and dinner was served.

As if his day wasn't full and exciting enough, roughly 15 minutes into the meal the fire alarm sounded and the hotel had to be evacuated! With at least 3,000 people in the audience, not to mention the remainder of the hotel's guests, the parking lot was a sea of men and women in formal uniform. Once again, Anderson held court for anyone and everyone who wanted an autograph or a picture taken with him. An hour and a half went by before the all clear sounded and everyone was allowed back into the building.

As Jack O'Neill, saving the world every week on Stargate SG-1 is exciting on it's own. But I am most certain, with a day like he had today, Richard Dean Anderson will never forget his visit to Washington.

GateWorld.net  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:24 pm
Quote:
Don Davis guest stars on Andromeda
SEPTEMBER 24, 2004

Stargate SG-1's Don S. Davis ("General Hammond") will guest star in an upcoming episode of Andromeda, according to the show's official Web site. Davis will appear in "The Eschatology of Our Present," the fifth episode of the upcoming fifth season, as a character named Avineri.
"Oh, he's great," executive producer Bob Engels said of Davis. "He's terrific. He's wonderful. That's a great episode."

In the episode, Beka Valentine (Lisa Ryder) is offered a mysterious prize and a vision of her past on the planet Seefra by Virgil Fox (Dena Ashbaugh). Davis is the third Stargate regular to appear on Andromeda. Michael Shanks ("Daniel Jackson") and Christopher Judge ("Teal'c") have each done multiple guest spots.

"The Eschatology of Our Present" will air Friday, October 22 at 7 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on SCI FI, and soon after in U.S. syndication.

GateWorld.net  

SammySue
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 am
Stargate SG-1:
The Essential Giveaway!

GateWorld and Titan Books are giving you the chance to win the brand new book "Stargate SG-1: The Essential Scripts!" The 350-page volume includes original, uncut and annotated shooting scripts for six favorite episodes -- "The Torment of Tantalus," "The Fifth Race," "Window of Opportunity," "2010," "Wormhole X-Treme!," and "Abyss" -- plus introductions to every episode with interviews with the show's writers, an essay on the Stargate writing process, and rare, behind-the-scenes photos.
"Stargate SG-1: The Essential Scripts" is now on sale -- but we're giving away five copies to GateWorld readers! Just enter your e-mail address below to enter.

Click here to Enter!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:03 am
Fandemonium seeking Stargate authors
OCTOBER 11, 2004

Stargate SG-1 novel publisher Fandemonium Books is looking for the next great Stargate writer. The company announced this weekend that it will conduct an open submissions process throughout the month of November, inviting fans to send in proposals for original Stargate SG-1 novels.
From November 1 through November 30, writers can send in their proposal via postal mail only, including a synopsis, writing sample, and a writing history. Unpublished writers are encouraged to submit a proposal. Visit StargateNovels.com for full details and proposal specs!

Fandemonium has published two SG-1 novels to date: "Trial By Fire" by Sabine C. Bauer, and "Sacrifice Moon" by Julie Fortune. The third novel in the series, "A Matter of Honor" by Sally Malcolm, is due next month.  

SammySue
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:34 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:59 pm
Oh! I just found this out. But I think I heard about it before this. . .

Quote:
Baby Girl!!

LDO would like to congratulate Lexa and Michael on the birth of their daughter, Mia Tabitha Shanks, on September 13. Mia weighed seven pounds, two ounces at birth. This is the first child for Lexa and the second for Michael. His daughter,Tatiana, was born in 1998.
Cartoonist Leah Rosenthal was commissioned to do a piece as a gift for Michael and Lexa. If you would like to see a copy of the humourous work, visit Stargate SG-1 Cartoons.

Lexa Doig Online
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also Homer is coming to Stargate! Jack likes to mention the Simpsons alot and I can see him playing up to this alot in the upcoming episode. I can't wait to see it.

GateWorld.com
D'oh! Castellaneta to guest star on SG-1
OCTOBER 14, 2004

Actor Dan Castellaneta will guest star in "Citizen Joe," an upcoming episode of Stargate SG-1, co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi confirmed to GateWorld.
The actor will play Joe Spencer, an Indiana barber whose life is thrown into chaos when he begins "imagining" stories about an elite Air Force team called SG-1, which is led by Colonel Jack O'Neill in defending Earth from aliens called the Goa'uld.

Chicago-born Castellaneta is most famous for being the voice of Homer J. Simpson on FOX's long-running animated sitcom The Simpsons. He also voices such characters as Krusty the Klown, Barney Gumble, Grandpa Simpson, Groundskeeper Willie, and Mayor Quimby. His long list of credits also includes The Tracey Ullman Show, "Space Jam," Hey Arnold!, Aladdin, That 70's Show, Fraiser, Reba, Kim Possible, Nash Bridges, Everybody Loves Raymond, NYPD Blue, Friends, L.A. Law, and more.

Check out GateWorld's episode guide to learn more about the episode! (Now if only The Simpsons would bring on Richard Dean Anderson as a guest star ...)

SammySue
Crew

Calixto
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:54 pm
Stargate receives Three Gemini Nominations:

Stargate SG1 has received 3 nominations in the upcoming Gemini nominations to be held at the Metro Toronto Convention
Centre on December 13th at 8pm. The show will be aired on CBC Television. The categories and nominee's are:

BEST PHOTOGRAPHY IN A DRAMATIC PROGRAM OR SERIES

Peter Woeste-NIGHTWALKERS

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

James Tichenor, Michelle Comens, Adam de Bosch Kemper, Craig Van Den Biggelaar-REDEMPTION PART TWO

James Tichenor, Michelle Comens, Matt Martell, Bruce Woloshyn -DESCENT  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:25 am
Tapping: Pregnancy won't be on screen
MONDAY - NOVEMBER 1, 2004

Amanda Tapping's recently-announced pregnancy won't be worked into Stargate SG-1 should the series continue for a ninth season, the actress recently told Sci Fi Wire. "I don't think that would work for Carter at all," said the actress, who plays Samantha Carter on the long-running series. "It would so change her if she were a mom. I just don't think that she would be back with the Stargate program."

Tapping also said that the timing of her pregnancy worked well with the show's filming schedule. "The perfect thing was that we ended [production on Season Eight, in October,] just as I was starting to really show," she said, "and because for most of the last couple of weeks I was playing a different version of Carter it worked out that we could cover it up very well."

The actress is due in March, around the time a ninth season would begin filming, should it be renewed for another year. Read the entire article at Sci Fi Wire.

In another story, Tapping talks about her cameo role as Lady Elfarran in the upcoming SCI FI mini-series Earthsea.

gateworld.net  

SammySue
Crew

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:36 am
Shanks gets 'Swarmed'
TUESDAY - NOVEMBER 2, 2004

Stargate SG-1's Michael Shanks ("Dr. Daniel Jackson") will appear in "Swarmed," an upcoming original movie for The SCI FI Channel, Michael Shanks Online is reporting. The film is currently shooting in Toronto.
In "Swarmed," Shanks plays a scientist named Kent. It's not yet known when the film will be airing on SCI FI.

Gateworld.net  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces