What is this runic system? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:45 am
I'm trying to unravel a little mystery. Near my house, a couple friends and I had found a wand with some runes drawn onto it. They look familiar, but I can't place them. Does anyone know what runic system it is? Or if they really are runes for that matter?

http://www.photodump.com/viewer/Seraph/rune.html

I apologize for not being able to put it directly in the thread. It's not working for some odd reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:32 pm
Looks like a code I had in a spy book for kids when I was really young. mrgreen The different shapes represented different letters. You made a tic-tac-toe, and an X, and a tic-tac-toe with dots, and an X with dots, and simply filled in the alphabet by each space in each design to come up with a code.

It doesn't look like any runic system I'm familiar with.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:57 pm
That is one possibility I thought of. Then again, I'm not too sure whether or not someone would put their own made-up alphabet on a magical tool.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:05 pm
Can you describe this so-called wand?

Sure, someone would put a made-up alphabet on a magical tool. Or stick. This would make it more difficult for other people to decipher, if the message was personal (to the person and/or his/her Gods). It could even be some kids/teens playing around, too... and not a serious magical tool.  

Keistera

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:35 am
No, those aren't runes at all. Sorry to disapoint you on that. Probably just some kids or teenagers playing around.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:43 am
Nihilistic Seraph
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[img]http://www.photodump.com/viewer/Seraph/(rune.jpg?)[/img]

This is how one would post a picture directly ^_^ Also, as a side note unless there are different runic systems out there, I was going off of the Anglo-Saxon and Futhork runic systems.  

Panther Nightwind

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:36 am
Well, I know that the people that inscibed them were young because the wand was sloppily made, and the "runes" put on with ball-point pen, but there was a make-shift at least consecration that had been done on the wand  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:07 am
Actually, you guys are mistaken; those are runes; I have that script written down at home, and if I can't find it today at work, I'll write it down and decipher it at home tonight. 3nodding

EDIT: Found it; it's Masonic...currently translating it.  

blukattt
Crew

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:35 am
Alright, I managed to decipher it, but it looks latin or something (Damn Masons. The font is Masonic/Rosicrucian, and what I got was this:

XIODXAN
OKIIBXAN

Here's the site I found to translate: Masonic/Rosicrucian

I know for a fact that Buckland has it in his "Blue Book" as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:37 pm
Ah. Never poked at anything Masonic. Makes sense.

(It still looks like the code from my spy book, though.)  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:57 pm
blukattt
Alright, I managed to decipher it, but it looks latin or something (Damn Masons. The font is Masonic/Rosicrucian, and what I got was this:

XIODXAN
OKIIBXAN

Hmm... enigmatic but usefull. Thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:19 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
blukattt

XIODXAN
OKIIBXAN

Hmm... enigmatic but usefull. Thank you
No problem; I don't know much about the Masons, but I do know that they tend to use Latin and other languages in their rituals, and this does sound like something they would use.

"Ziod-zan, Okib-zan..."

I cannot say whether or not this is an authentic wand; it's definitely not a lodge tool, as they tend to strive for perfect items. If it is made by a Mason, it would be a personal wand.

As far as the shoddy workmanship, remember to take into account that writing on a small cylinder is more difficult than it seems, and without practice can make even a 30 year old's work seem like that of a five year old.

As far as the authenticity, that script is kind of hard to find, which makes me think it is a real one, but then again kids might have come across it by chance. (Maybe a Mason's child was being trained, and made their first wand? I dunno, just brainstorming...)  

blukattt
Crew

Keistera

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:01 pm
Some kid may have found the script on the 'net, or from a Masonic relative. It's quite possible that what's written there is nonsense/meaningless. That's what I'm leaning toward right now, actually... until someone says otherwise.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:39 pm
Out of curiosity, did you take it with you, or leave it there?

Just thinking that if it is important to someone, they probably will want it back if you took it ... sweatdrop  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:37 am
Yes, I did take the wand with me. If it was that important to them, I don't think they would have left it lying around. Seeing the way the runes are made, for all I know, what I posted could have been upside down, or turned 90 degrees to the side. I decoded each different way, but nothing coherent. Unless, as blukattt said, and it's in Latin. I don't think that an adult made it, considering the area that I live in. It's smack in the suburbs, with mostly Jewish and Christian families. And, the way the actual wand was made makes me think that someone young carved it. An adult could allways find a better working space than a tiny forest between an elementary school and a parc.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff