Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
meshes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:41 am
I really need help... i dont understand how to use meshes! I tried to get a mermaid sim, but the whole mesh thing just confuses me... can someone help me? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:56 pm
What do you want help with? We need more info than 'The whole mesh thing confuses me!!!11!11!1oneoneexclamationpoint!' stare  

Zwiebelsaft!

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:02 am
welll i downloaded the mesh, and then the color i wanted, and i went to use the mermaid, it wasnt there sad and i couldnt use the mermaid sim cry what do i do to get the mesh to show up in the game, and where do i save it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 pm
_ _ My documents->EA games->sims 2->downloads

I'm sorry, I'm just really getting sick of all the little newbies saying that their little mermaid mesh doesn't work  

Zwiebelsaft!

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:56 am
Just put all the files into the Downloads folder.

About the mesh...

The mesh is the shape, while the other stuffs is the skin. just imagine like this. the mesh is the shape of the doll. How would you dress a doll is the doll doesnt have any shape?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:18 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337

I'm sorry, I'm just really getting sick of all the little newbies saying that their little mermaid mesh doesn't work

I've been playing the sims 2 for about a year so im not new at it! Its not my fault it didnt work! evil I saved it there! It just wouldnt show up in the game! sweatdrop  

Kitties_at_the_disco

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:16 pm
If it doesnt work, try the SavedSims folder instead.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:24 pm
i have a mac.. where do i put my meshes and mp3s [for the radio 'n stuff]  

`mayabi

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:18 pm
Kittyprincess190
Evil_Twin_V1.337

I've been playing the sims 2 for about a year so im not new at it! Its not my fault it didnt work! evil I saved it there! It just wouldnt show up in the game! sweatdrop
It's pretty much universally known that the mermaid meshes don't work

`mayabi
Beosboxboy has a sticky on where to put it on a mac PC on insimenator.net  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:44 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
Kittyprincess190
Evil_Twin_V1.337

It's pretty much universally known that the mermaid meshes don't work

`mayabi
Beosboxboy has a sticky on where to put it on a mac PC on insimenator.net
THANK YOUS!!  

`mayabi

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:25 pm
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
i got it to work! it was really easy! all i did was forget the unzippy/ extract file thing! That was my problem the whole time! I got my mermaid, and a bunch of new hair biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:57 pm
LOL. No wonder it dint work. All stuffs need to be extracted since the game cannot read from zip and rar files.  

SirEmino
Captain

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces