View Results

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:30 pm
I'm not really sure what you’re supposed to see when you see an aura. I have read a few books, but none that really seemed to hit the spot on this subject. I was actually looking at the flame of a candle while I was having dinner (a wonderful mix of waffles and peanut butter with water), and I saw a green glow around the flame I wasn’t sure if everyone is just able to see; it kinda' like when you look at something black you can see white around it. So I went and got my boyfriend and he said he couldn’t see it at all. Was what I was seeing an aura or just the contrasting color that the flame makes because of its color?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:36 am
What you saw around the flame was a trick of the eyes. Intense light creates a well around it where colors are distorted significantly. In the case of the flame, the orange glow causes the eyes to overcompensate for the area around it, creating a greenish hue. (Blue is the color directly opposite orange; the mixture of yellow in the flame created a green hue around it.)

Some people are more sensitive to color shock than others.  

Eric Wolfborn

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:09 am
That's what I thought it was, but it threw me off that he couldn't see it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:59 am
Also consider how light reacts to chemicals on the surface of and/or within your eyes. I actually asked an optometrist about the spots one sees after staring at light sources or bright objects/reflections, and he noted that it was a chemical reaction.

This is one of the matters people training themselves to see auras must be aware of, for chemical reactions in relation to the eyes are not only caused by light. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:52 pm
Eric Wolfborn
What you saw around the flame was a trick of the eyes. Intense light creates a well around it where colors are distorted significantly. In the case of the flame, the orange glow causes the eyes to overcompensate for the area around it, creating a greenish hue. (Blue is the color directly opposite orange; the mixture of yellow in the flame created a green hue around it.)

Some people are more sensitive to color shock than others.
Retinal Burn 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:30 pm
what you saw was your burnt retina........kind of like if you stared at the sun or after someone took your picture. Whatever you were looking at is frozen (for a time) in your vision. This is because you burnt your retina. The part of your eye that receives pictures and whatnot. When you see the green outline to a flame like you were discribing, that is what it is. You stared at it long enough to burn your retina then you moved your head. When you stare at some white light it is black spots or like a black light. Green is orange's negative.  

LaBelleMort

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:55 pm
mouseyanna
That's what I thought it was, but it threw me off that he couldn't see it.
You have to have been staring it for a few seconds. Look at Eric's signature for a while and then look away... you'll see a glowing orange square.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:05 pm
I havn't actually seen an aura, but back when I was first studying Wicca I found I could tell figure out a person's spirituality by looking at them, to an extent. I could only do it a few times, and it worked really well, particularly on other Crafters. I turned out to be right each time.

That was two years ago. I havn't been able to do it in ages.

The Eastern Sentinel

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:52 pm
I always wanted to try to see auras, but I never really looked too deep into it because I was probably afraid of what I might see. I wouldn't mind actually giving it a try, though... It's been a while since I really thought about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:32 am
I've tried seeing peoples auras, but I can't get a knack of it. I've only managed to burn my retinas and get that negative effect.

It'd be sweet if someone could make a posting about their accomplishments on the subject... ::sigh::  

Seira Relur

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:54 am
i have an e-book about it making it seem very simple working with animals and humans is really difficult when your first learning though why cant they just stay still!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:38 pm
Just last night on a ferry ride back to the main land, I'm fairly certain I managed to detect my aura around my hand and fingers. I was standing at teh bow and felt very calm, sort of just staring at the water. I moved my hand and saw, eh, a haze almost, clinging to my fingers and around the edges of my hand, until about a centimeter out. It didn't have a discernable color, it was simply there. Even when I moved my hand and shifted my fingers the haze remained. I had the nice black sea as a background and the sun had set; it was that fading twilight. (Not sure if that had anything to do with it.) I thought about it, and the only logical answer was my aura.  

KeeperofShadows

Protectress

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:42 pm
That sounds about right for many KeeperofShadows. I know of a trick that works for some people though. Take your first finger and your thumb and bring them to where they're about a centimeter apart, then bring them up close to your eyes and look at something (or someone) through your finger and thumb. Test it on a few people. On most people the aura is a silvery hazy...thing that extends out at most a few inches usually, but people with gifts are more likely to have a bigger aura and/or some color to it. If you have what I'll refer to as the Sight simply for the sake of convenience you should be able to see auras, but even if you don't you can get the picture of a person with their aura in your mind by using your senses -or maybe that's just me....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:55 pm
Protectress
That sounds about right for many KeeperofShadows. I know of a trick that works for some people though. Take your first finger and your thumb and bring them to where they're about a centimeter apart, then bring them up close to your eyes and look at something (or someone) through your finger and thumb. Test it on a few people. On most people the aura is a silvery hazy...quote]

Okay...that just worked xD

I'm a sceptic of such things too biggrin

patch99329

Conan The Barbie Doll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 am
I was once able to see them, but I doubted myself, and stopped. I've since lost the ability- if it was an ability.

I oughta try again though.

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff