Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bio-Weapon84

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:58 pm
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=110699

Axe Big Brother: Howard
Monday Jul 3 11:27 AEST

Prime Minister John Howard has urged the Ten Network to cancel the controversial reality television show Big Brother.

Family groups and politicians have again called for the show to be axed after two housemates were thrown off the show for sexual misconduct.

Mr Howard said it was a matter of taste and called on the network to self-regulate.

"I think it is just a question of good taste," Mr Howard told Macquarie Radio.

advertisement
"I don't like heavy-handed regulation. The business community is always saying to me 'let us self-regulate'.

"Well here's a great opportunity for Channel 10 to do a bit of self-regulation and get this stupid program off the air."

Australian Democrats senator Andrew Bartlett says Big Brother should be left alone by meddling politicians.

"It is politicians trying to be Big Brother that we really need to be concerned about," Senator Bartlett said.

"If anyone in the Big Brother house broke the law, then it can be dealt with by the legal system," he said.

"Attempting to force a television show off the air because of an incident that wasn't even screened on television is an excessive intrusion into the lives of Australians by moralising, preaching politicians who want to control how people live their lives."

He said people had forgotten the origins of the name Big Brother.

"The original Big Brother was a politician in a book by George Orwell who used political power to control every aspect of peoples lives, from what they said, did and watched, right down to their private thoughts," Senator Bartlett said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:34 pm
the pollies want to censor the public... and big brothers one damn good case tehy can jump up and down about, i personally think it should be axed, but for different reasons, i love my violence razz  

scruffy012

King Of Ninjas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:24 am
I think it should be axed, but mostly because it takes up air time that could be used for the simpsons  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:24 am
The most entertaining thing about BB is teh adds, at least there is some real acting!  

Ozumou

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:01 pm
I must admit I am not a big fan of the show. It was okay the first time round, however every time after that I think has been so very contrived  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:24 pm
wow, how old is this? i have to admit, i wouldnt mind seeing it axed. i think it has run its course, and i was real bored, real quick with the last season. there just wasnt the personalities in the house as there was in the previous seasons. personally, i would love to see House From Hell come back, maybe as a once off like last time, because that was way more interesting  

Lynx Raven Raide

Phobophile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:15 pm
King Of Ninjas
I think it should be axed, but mostly because it takes up air time that could be used for the simpsons

pirate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 am
yep, it should deffinetly die.
we see enough people having lesbian kisses on neighbours *gag*  

the best vignette

Hygienic Player

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:55 pm
nothing wrong with lesbians wink
except guys cant get anything from them

Looks like they are having a new season... the adds have started sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:36 am
The new season has started. I gerenally put the ABC news on when BB is on air. stare

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

`sileeka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:05 am
My brother likes to watch it. I think it's a ridiculous show, although I admit I watched about half of the first season. I can't believe they keep bringing it back.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:19 pm
King Of Ninjas

Gold_Autumn

Mush monster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:21 am
King Of Ninjas
Agreed. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:13 am
I dont think it should be axed totally but i do think it takes up WAAAAAAAAY to much air time that could be filled with good SCRIPTED television... like scrubs  

wolf_blade123

Jigabeth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:29 am
King Of Ninjas
User Image

User Image

xd ditto.

Movies, Television & Entertainment

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas