Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Shoe Craftin'

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

buttoneyes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:55 am
It seems like decorating, refurnishing, taking apart, creating, etc. shoes is the new trend.
I know a lot of craftsters have been doing that, but recently there's been a suddenly large amount of shoe recons.

Agree with me?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:32 pm
It's definitly a new trend going around. I've always done shoe recons, since I was little, but have stopped for a bit. But seeing all of them again has really made me want to get back into it.  

~neko neko kitty~

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:46 pm
I noticed that too. It's about time that snazzy shoes made a comeback!

I used to love painting my shoes when I was a young'un but I haven't done anything in the last decade or so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:30 pm
[Grendel]
I noticed that too. It's about time that snazzy shoes made a comeback!

I used to love painting my shoes when I was a young'un but I haven't done anything in the last decade or so.
Me neither but I really want to start up again  

~neko neko kitty~

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:16 am
Heh, I've been considering trying to make a pair of shoes. Well, that and then of course purdy-fying them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:47 pm
I've gotten a pair of granny-ish white pointy flats, and i'm thinking of something to do with them...

I wish thinking red dots and maybe red ribbon?  

buttoneyes

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:12 am
buttoneyes
I've gotten a pair of granny-ish white pointy flats, and i'm thinking of something to do with them...

I wish thinking red dots and maybe red ribbon?

Sounds cute whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:05 am
Crazy Bananna
Heh, I've been considering trying to make a pair of shoes. Well, that and then of course purdy-fying them.
I have been too.  

~neko neko kitty~

Umberella

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:42 am
I was remembering the carziest boots I used to wear in high school. I wish I had a picture of them.
I took a pair of leather army boots and sanded down the surface so the paint would stick. Then I drilled about 5 quarter sized holes randomly through each boot. Then I painted them crazy with sunflowers and rainbows and swirls and a bunch of stuff I can't remember. I hope someone out there is still wearing them. It's so cool when you see other people wearing stuff you made!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 pm
Umberella
I was remembering the carziest boots I used to wear in high school. I wish I had a picture of them.
I took a pair of leather army boots and sanded down the surface so the paint would stick. Then I drilled about 5 quarter sized holes randomly through each boot. Then I painted them crazy with sunflowers and rainbows and swirls and a bunch of stuff I can't remember. I hope someone out there is still wearing them. It's so cool when you see other people wearing stuff you made!

thats sounds fan-freakin-tastic. i long for boots like that.  

buttoneyes

Maki Minakoaino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:16 pm
~neko neko kitty~
Crazy Bananna
I have been too.
I made a pair of boots one time....and some historic sandals...I'll have to post the pics up sometime...the tutorial for the sandals is HERE  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games