Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Potion Making and Emotions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquajade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:48 pm
I have recently been in a emotional slum and not doing really good, and then I figured that my Revise Potion might help me out of my slum, but when I made it, it didn't work. It didn't make me worse, but it didn't work. Could my emotional state be linked to my potion making ability?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:53 pm
Perhaps. I think you should really try to grab onto the happiness that you with to obtain when making it. Imagine it is there, and put that emotion right into your potion like an ingredient. A lot of magic is about visualization, perhaps that is what you're lacking. I've never tried such a thing myself, but maybe I'm grasping at something.

Good luck.

Creepy Albino Fish

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:58 am
You can always try a technique that is more powerful to you. The stronger an association is in your mind the better it is going to work. Agreed on Fish's point about visualization... setting your mind in the right frame and focusing will is often the key.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:27 pm
Emotion is a significant influence on magic, just like it is on everything else in life. It both colours your expectations and perceptions, and it's going to have an effect on what you're working on. It's a general "no go" for me, to try anything magical when I'm upset or angry, etc. The best way to go into magic for me is as a blank slate; just calm and collected, and that allows me to focus on what I'm doing. Fish is definately right that you should try visualizing; but don't just limit it to including your goal as an ingrediant. Visualize yourself using the potion, and see it work. 3nodding  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Aquajade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:14 pm
Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but i just recently got out of my bad slump. I'd like to thank everyone for your help in this situation, for your suggestions and advice i used and it did work.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:18 am
Its not good to make potions or work magick when in too crummy of a mood. Because sometimes (not all the time, but sometimes) it tends to hinder its ability. If your trying to make a potion to help with your mood; lets say you need to envision yourself happy and stress free, but while your making it all you can think about is how unhappy and stressfull you are. Odds are all those bad thoughts may be put into it . . . thus creating nul & void potion, or one with adverse affects if not careful.

Of course, not all of us are happy-go-lucky uber cheery rainbows and sunshine all the time. lol ((that would be creepy)) So as long as our not extremely emotionally upset, you should be fine. Maybe try and clear your head first, then give it another try. 3nodding

Naomi Tinuveil

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:38 am
Emotional state affects everything we do. But I'm glad you got through it, Jade.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games