Submit

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:31 pm
Forgive me if you guys have already found this and discussed it, but I think I found Slytherin's locket/Voldemort's Horcrux.

As review, at the end of chapter 28 of "The Half-Blood Prince," Harry discovered the locket they had recovered was not the Horcrux, and contained a letter addressed "to the Dark Lord," a title which Harry had previously observed was only used by Death Eaters. Also, it was signed "RAB" which has to refer to Sirius' brother Regulus Black. He was a one-time Death Eater, and he was mentioned about three times randomly in the book---we all know J.K. Rowling well enough to know that nothing is random in her world. This also would redeem him, making a nice little ending to the Black Family, Sirius too.

Now, I was reading "The Order of the Phoenix" to my little brother, and was in chapter six, page 116, the last paragraph, where they are cleaning Sirius' dining room shelves, remember, the House of Black. Among the list of items, she randomly mentions "a heavy LOCKET that none of them could open." They were throwing some of these things away, but Kreacher kept stealing them. When, later in the book, they went to Kreacher's "nest" so Hermione could give him her Christmas present they saw that "in a far corner glinted small objects" (page 504). So either it will still be in the dining room of the Order of the Phoenix (ah, the irony) or in Kreacher's nest.

So? What do you guys think? Have I hit gold or has my Rowling paranoia sent me over the edge?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:14 pm
Lady_Imrahil
Forgive me if you guys have already found this and discussed it, but I think I found Slytherin's locket/Voldemort's Horcrux.

As review, at the end of chapter 28 of "The Half-Blood Prince," Harry discovered the locket they had recovered was not the Horcrux, and contained a letter addressed "to the Dark Lord," a title which Harry had previously observed was only used by Death Eaters. Also, it was signed "RAB" which has to refer to Sirius' brother Regulus Black. He was a one-time Death Eater, and he was mentioned about three times randomly in the book---we all know J.K. Rowling well enough to know that nothing is random in her world. This also would redeem him, making a nice little ending to the Black Family, Sirius too.

Now, I was reading "The Order of the Phoenix" to my little brother, and was in chapter six, page 116, the last paragraph, where they are cleaning Sirius' dining room shelves, remember, the House of Black. Among the list of items, she randomly mentions "a heavy LOCKET that none of them could open." They were throwing some of these things away, but Kreacher kept stealing them. When, later in the book, they went to Kreacher's "nest" so Hermione could give him her Christmas present they saw that "in a far corner glinted small objects" (page 504). So either it will still be in the dining room of the Order of the Phoenix (ah, the irony) or in Kreacher's nest.

So? What do you guys think? Have I hit gold or has my Rowling paranoia sent me over the edge?

*CLAPS WILDLY*. I think you have a VERY good point. thats brilliant. you might very well be right.  

im2cool4skool

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:29 pm
Yay, you sound as ecstatic as I am!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:50 pm
Congats I shall call you Rowena Ravenclaw!  

jennie

Anxious Gawker

3,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:17 pm
LOL, thanks.

I just posted this in the Harry Potter section of the entertainment forums, and I'm getting more resistence there...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:34 pm
That's cool but I already knew that... sweatdrop  

covo

Xenia Sol

Greedy Shopper

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:16 am
Wow, i didn't know that! Very good analysis! eek 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:48 am
its like you can read J.K. Rolings mind as she writes  

Ginnny_Weasly

Night_Class

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:12 pm
hey well tahts something else including that there isn't much about how jk hides things in her books i wouldn't be too surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:53 pm
That's a really good point. It has been mentioned quite a few times and I believe you're right. We won't know until the next book comes out though.  

kitsunemajin90

beachvolleygirl10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:17 pm
cool! i never thought of that! and i've read the book 5 times! I just go with the flow and don't overanalize though. Not that i think your OVERanalizing, just that you though through this A LOT. nice job!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:33 pm
im2cool4skool
*CLAPS WILDLY*. I think you have a VERY good point. thats brilliant. you might very well be right.

Sweetly Tragic

Divine Vampire

19,850 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500

WinchesterFan

5,050 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:52 am
I was thinking the same thing...I had remembered a heavy locket they couldn't open...and the RAB thing...Regulus somthing Black, maybe that's why Voldemort had him killed!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:02 am
I was thinking along those lines too.  

Spastic waffles

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:16 pm
Thank You! 3nodding I'm still excited. Whee heart

The other thread I created for this topic in the main forums got some nasty remarks from the fans who let me know, VERY clearly, that my discovery was "old news." Everyone here who knew was nice. Thanks!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff