Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Projects this Week? Show and Tell! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  'cuz everyone loves gold
View Results

firrantello

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:13 pm
So.. what is it this week for everyone?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:17 pm
I'm working on the larger size of the Isabeau purse (the handbag size) in a dark green-ish cotton. I also finished the remake of my friends US Marine Corp hat yesterday.
I think that's about it for me this week.

firrantello

Aphadon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:41 pm
Right now I'm working on a shawl made from super soft Patons Divine yarn in a light violet/white colour for my Etsy shop/upcoming craft fair. It's so soft and pretty, I think I'll cry if no one buys it when it's done.

And then I'll keep it XD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:36 pm
Aphadon
Right now I'm working on a shawl made from super soft Patons Divine yarn in a light violet/white colour for my Etsy shop/upcoming craft fair. It's so soft and pretty, I think I'll cry if no one buys it when it's done.

And then I'll keep it XD
*goes to check out your etsy shop*  

firrantello

Aphadon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:43 pm
firrantello
Aphadon

And then I'll keep it XD
*goes to check out your etsy shop*

OOO, thanks muchly ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:24 pm
I just finishd a kitty plushie I knitted up you can go look in my blog
I'm also working on a shawl knit in KidSilk Haze, the yarn is amazing to work with. And I have my first pair of socks on the needles. Oh, and I've also bought some felt to sew up a practice plush of my friend's avi here.  

~neko neko kitty~

ricochetwild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:28 pm
Still working on knitting a purse XD I'm slow at finishing stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:05 pm
I'm still working on the Soleil tank top. I did make myself a drop spindle (I'm so proud of myself!) from a wooden car wheel and a dowel. 3nodding Hopefully, this will help me spin a bit faster and then I can ply my white and blue yarns. There's not a lot of it, so I'm kinda wondering what to make with it when I'm done. sad Any suggestions for patterns that use about 2/3 skein or less?  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:46 pm
Peppermint Elf
I'm still working on the Soleil tank top. I did make myself a drop spindle (I'm so proud of myself!) from a wooden car wheel and a dowel. 3nodding Hopefully, this will help me spin a bit faster and then I can ply my white and blue yarns. There's not a lot of it, so I'm kinda wondering what to make with it when I'm done. sad Any suggestions for patterns that use about 2/3 skein or less?
I love that tank top, I plan to make it out of bamboo yarn soon. What weight is the yarn and do you happen to know the yardage? You could make a clutch or maybe even pull off a mini shrug if you have enough yardage.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:15 pm
~neko neko kitty~
Peppermint Elf
I love that tank top, I plan to make it out of bamboo yarn soon. What weight is the yarn and do you happen to know the yardage? You could make a clutch or maybe even pull off a mini shrug if you have enough yardage.
It varies from sport to DK. My spinning isn't even enough yet, but it does stay within those 2 weights. As for how much yardage.... I'd guess around 115 yards or so. Probably less.

I really love that tank top. It's coming out so nice so far.... only I put on some weight recently (since I started knitting it) and I don't think it's gonna fit now. Time to diet.
cry  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

AngwyMallard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:31 am
I'm knitting lace for a lolita jumper skirt I'm going to make. Still tweaking the design, but I know I'm going to need huge amount of lace for the hem.. So better start early. razz

What's special about the skirt that it's made of two XXXL men's skirts, namely my father's old working shirts. Luckily they're not stained or as horrible as average store uniforms (my dad works in office), but have small dark blue and purplish stripes.

I have other old clothes from me and my dad, but currently concentrating on the above. ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 am
KitsunekoChan
I'm knitting lace for a lolita jumper skirt I'm going to make. Still tweaking the design, but I know I'm going to need huge amount of lace for the hem.. So better start early. razz

What's special about the skirt that it's made of two XXXL men's skirts, namely my father's old working shirts. Luckily they're not stained or as horrible as average store uniforms (my dad works in office), but have small dark blue and purplish stripes.

I have other old clothes from me and my dad, but currently concentrating on the above. ^.^
I've been knitting lace for my loli lately as well. So much fun. You'll have to post a pic of the skirt when you finish  

~neko neko kitty~

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:41 am
Peppermint Elf
~neko neko kitty~
Peppermint Elf
It varies from sport to DK. My spinning isn't even enough yet, but it does stay within those 2 weights. As for how much yardage.... I'd guess around 115 yards or so. Probably less.

I really love that tank top. It's coming out so nice so far.... only I put on some weight recently (since I started knitting it) and I don't think it's gonna fit now. Time to diet.
cry
I put on some weight recently too since I had to stop dancing/doing anything strenious for the last couple years due to injury, but everythings getting back to normal so I'm throwing myself back into working out and getting back in shape, so I don't want to start making myself clothes just yet.

For your yarn you could possibly make a hat or a cute bag out of it. Or you can do some open work knitting and get show off the unevenness and use that to your advantage. What else might be fun is just knitting and do what ever feels right and let the yarn decide what it wants to be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:43 pm
i've just finished my red/metallic striped scarf. it took a long time since it had so many dropped stitches and was altogether confusing. but, it was worth it!  

buttoneyes

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:59 am
I've gotten another three squares finished on my quilt, and now I'm also crocheting a baby blanket for a shower next month. It's made out of a bunch of shades of pink, with a little white and pale yellow, to make it look like apple blossoms. Or at least that was the idea. And don't worry, we're certain the baby is going to be a girl.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff