Were you gothy as a kid?
  Yes.
  No.
  I don't remember.
  I don't care.
View Results

Illuminee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:55 am
I'm just curious to know, what were YOU like when you were a kid? (Kid meaning toddler-age to pre-teens)
Were you as gothy as you are now?

I was actually very introverted and quiet as a kid.
I remember myself always staring at things a lot, but never asking questions... possibly only in my mind.
I wasn't loud or did I ever cry a lot.
I was just...
seen and not heard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:07 am
Well, I was always weird and I always wanted to be different. But I guess I was pretty normal then.  

BlairyFairy

Anii Christ [saves!]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:11 am
i was popular, and happy, but i always had the "gothic mentality", if you will. i was always freaking people out, and wearing black, and not really talking much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:23 pm
I was a happy little kid. I became a 10 and realized I dislike my parents. As a 13 year old I don't think I'll ever really like them all that much.

Though I have always had my obsession with vampires.  

T w ! s t e d

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:07 pm
As a kid I had to live up to this standards, all girls Catholic school, high grades, the perfect daughter. But then I reached 12 then I started acting on my own accord..but I've always had the 'goth mind' in me, it was just waiting to get out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:37 pm
Well, I always liked cemeteries, and thought wearing all black was cool, although I wasn't allowed to. I didn't get control of my clothing style until like middle school and even then it was limited. Thank god I'm 18 now. When I was 6 I wanted to dye my hair black, because I thought black hair was the best. Now I want it purple and black, but not much has changed. I always rooted for the bad guys in TV shows, I liked snakes and crap like that. I had a fascination with serial killers, (this is very different from admiration mind you) and I loved names like Lydia and Charlotte. I remember in kindergarten I was yelled at for taking a picture of some fairy-tale girl and coloring the entire thing black. smile I was always a loner, up until about 6th grade. My first favorite band was KoRn back when their first CD came out. I was little then. And my fascination with vampires started at 6 or 7 upon seeing Interview. I loved Edward Scissorhands too. The only things that have really changed I guess were that as a I got older, I gained control of how I dressed so now I actually look the part, and when I was little horror movies freaked me out, but now I love them, and find them more like comedies.  

KoRnfucius

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:51 pm
meh... as a child i was too active and innocent to care about anything but as soon as i was 9 -13 i was always the weird quiet artist of the class, that always wore something weird or had weird blue hair
no one talked to me and i didn't talk to them i only had a few friends who were considered weird or geeks
to this day even after 6 years(we're all 19//20 now) im still best friends with them we're all a little mad(insane) now haha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:59 pm
When I was younger I was always pretty happy.
Even if my second home was the hospital.
Not for me though, my dad was really sick.
[Him being mugged 20 years or so ago, 40 ounctures in his lungs.]
Because well, it was normal.
Then in March of '05 he died and I became distant.
I lost my best friend, what else would I have done?
Then in about July of '05 I kind of changed and wore all black.
Changed my music.
But I'm okay now.
I'm happier than I was but I still enjoy the look and the demenor.
x3

+Horror.in.Wonderland+

Nazo no Kanjojin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:14 pm
Something happened to me in the 2nd grade summer (leaving, I believe) and everything went "f**k". Meaning that my goth mind was warped and out of place in my 8-year-old body. I began to think that I was reincarnated from some person. I had strange; evil, if you may, thoughts. I was goth before I even knew what goth meant. Or was.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:42 pm
I was always a little gothy, but I allowed my mom to buy my clothes without my say so I was always in bright colors. But obsessions with things that little kids normally don't think about, yeah. I scared them with my ideas, they blamed my writing... of course.  

Krys_Night

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:25 pm
I was a morbid, creative, imaginative child. I used to draw pictures of people getting stabbed, I came up with slightly more origional story lines when I was playing, and I have alot of imaginary friends.

I didn't start wearing goth clothing till middle school. The only goth chick in the school was mad at me because I would only wear goth clothes sometimes (I didn't have enough outfits) For a while, I stopped wearing gothic clothing altogether.

I also recall liking horror movies and stories, loving gothic works of art, and loving Halloween because of all the horror accociated with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:18 pm
My mother dressed me as a little prep as a child.
I was always playing witch games or watching something witch related.
I always liked the dead things.
I was always somewhat of a quiet, keep to myself, anti social child.
Although I was quiet my getting picked on for many years lead me to anger problems.
I went to anger classes and the m.i. for...a while.
You tell me if I was goth or not.
To me I wasn't.
I was just retarded.

Mz.Wiggles

shadows 5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:59 pm
Illuminee
I'm just curious to know, what were YOU like when you were a kid? (Kid meaning toddler-age to pre-teens)
Were you as gothy as you are now?

I was actually very introverted and quiet as a kid.
I remember myself always staring at things a lot, but never asking questions... possibly only in my mind.
I wasn't loud or did I ever cry a lot.
I was just...
seen and not heard.
I was a nice quiet kid that was friends with everyone and liked everything...... and then all my friends and family watched that kid get shot all to hell the secound i turned 12 years old  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:13 am
I remember being extremely quiet, having trouble talking to people and analyzing people and events as this and that very often. I was cold and calculating, or atleast I wanted to be, I sometimes gave in to temptation and ran around doing stupid s**t. As for my clothing, I never payed attention to it, even now I barely realy notice what I'm wearing, I usually just stick to the same old black jeans and afi shirt. So I was kinda gothy as a child. As for holoween, I hated it then, I hate it now and forever will hate it. *sticks out tongue  

AShadowsEmbrace

Nevaedra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:10 am
I refused to play games with other kids in public settings because I was scared.

When I needed something to do I'd ride my bike around and around the local cemetary.

I used to draw pictures all the time...mostly of faeries and mermaids.

When I was sad I'd go hide somewhere alone. Usually I'd climb a tree and just sit up there thinking for awhile.

I always wanted to be different from other kids. If someone copied me in ANYTHING I'd change whatever they copied. I guess I had a complex of being unique or something...still do to some extent.

My parents are very seriously religious people. They meant well in trying to teach morals but went so far as to push their children away. As a child I always felt like I could never measure up to their expectations...even though by all accounts I was a "good kid". That sort of thing sticks with you.

So yeah...there you have it...a few bits of my childhood  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces