Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll Slut
  Haha. Such originality.
  What happened to Poll Whore?
View Results

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:06 am
Does everyone assume that since we're Aussies that we ACTUALLY LIKE VEGEMITE? eek Just had to ask. And if you want to know. Yes. I like vegemite sandwhichs. XDD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:37 pm
im more worried about people making fun of our accents  

Bio-Weapon84

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:09 pm
Some people love our accents.

And I hate Vegemite.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:30 pm
I love vegimite. I havn't had it for a while, but I love it. My dad goes to India on occasion, and his friends over there always ask him to bring them more vegimite. They love it xp  

King Of Ninjas

the hidden ghost

Invisible Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:01 pm
WellzY

And I hate Vegemite.

People ADORE our accents. Just as long as they don't think we all sound like Steve Irwin. Now there's a stereotype that must die.

Vegemite - meh. I haven't had it in years, and I'm not going to start eating it again any time soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:08 pm
I prefer Promite myself.  

Ozumou

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 pm
I love vegemite and peanut butter on the same sandwich. I have cheese as a barrier between the two spreads though. sweatdrop I know, I'm weird. xp My cousin was trying to give her 9 month old daughter vegemite and her brother was sitting there and saying 'yuck! yuckie' and my cousin got the shits with him but me I got a teaspoon and put it in my mouth and was like 'yummy' she ate some after that. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:09 am
Ozumou
I prefer Promite myself.

And I prefer Marmite, but I still don't hav it very often.  

WellzY
Crew

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:00 am
the hidden ghost
WellzY

And I hate Vegemite.

People ADORE our accents. Just as long as they don't think we all sound like Steve Irwin. Now there's a stereotype that must die.

Vegemite - meh. I haven't had it in years, and I'm not going to start eating it again any time soon.

OMG. STEVE IRWIN! -kills sterotype- I still like vegemite. Promite. Marmite. I love the 'mite' family. XDD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:47 pm
I HATE vegimite, its the most vial substance on the planet!  

LillithNight

Akira Boo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:35 am
What I don't like is the fact that people think that Kiwi's say sux or sex instead of six but I being a Kiwi turned Australian know that it is actually the Australians who say sex instead of six or cheaps instead of chips, we have a lazy language heart No offence meant to anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:29 pm
I don't like any form of stereotyping, be it about Australians or anyone else. Unfortunately it's one of those things that just happens naturally and is easy to do.  

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:16 am
Akira Boo
What I don't like is the fact that people think that Kiwi's say sux or sex instead of six but I being a Kiwi turned Australian know that it is actually the Australians who say sex instead of six or cheaps instead of chips, we have a lazy language heart No offence meant to anyone.

With accents, anyone with one will always think there own is 'lazy' or 'flat' compared to the others, because to imitate different accents takes a non-native quite a lot of effort to alter the way they talk.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:43 pm
I've never had the opportunity to try any of the 'mite' foods. Maybe I'll have to get a mate to bring some up to me sometime so I can experience it too. Maybe give an outsiders opinion of the stuff. 4laugh

As for the accent, I love the way Aussies talk. I don't care if they're male or female, I just love the sound of the voice. I wouldn't call it lazy, but I would describe it as relaxed. Unlike the English, who's consonants are very pronounced, Aussies have a more laidback way of talking.

Also, I think it's mostly the Americans who assume all Aussies are like Steve Irwin or Crocodile Dundee. There aren't a lot of stereotypes on Australians up here. The only misconception I can think of are a few people who seem to be under the impression that all of Oz is Outback and Bush, and that you have crocs living in every backyard pool or pond, or poinsonous snakes and spiders in every garden. rolleyes They're the uneducated few, however. Most people know that Aussies really aren't that much different from anyone else in the world. You sound different to us, your ways of life are built to suit the country you live in, but you're all still people. Personally, I think Aussies are some of the better ones living on this globe. 4laugh  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

~Shocking_Pink_Bomber~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:54 pm
Not a fan of vegemite.
I think more people beleive we are all like steve erwin  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]