Reply The Official Australian Guild
Sydney’s Fumes Getting To You Too? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LillithNight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:26 pm
I’m not anti-Sydney, but is anyone else really worried about the pollution levels there?
I was over at rellies place for 5 days and I came home sick, I AM NOT A SICKLY PERSON! I felt light headed and weak, also I felt like chucking my lunch. I live in a country town far away from any industry, and as soon as I was close to Sydney I could TASTE the fumes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:39 am
I know what you mean about the fumes. They are getting pretty bad. I don't live in sydney but I'm close enough to be able to see the fumes towards the city on a clear day sweatdrop

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:36 am
Yeah I know what you mean. When I was younger and had to go to Sydney a fair bit I used to come home sick all the time, the air isn't as fresh as it is out in the country xd
But I seem to be faily used to it now when I go to Sydney.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:13 am
Pollution levels are a problem for a lot of large population areas. We get the same problem in Melbourne, and you might get the same thing in Brisbane, although I'm not sure how industrial they are.  

WellzY
Crew

Essence of Crayon

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:28 pm
Sydney... I live there and I get sick of all the people driving their cars with only one person in it and not taking the train or any other form of public transport to work.

scream  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:40 am
hella yes sydneys fumes are gettin to me and i live in brisbane!!

edit: actually wellzy we aint that less industrial than you guys, we actually have like cleanest air in the country or something like that, it's pretty good, and like you can breath the difference, like you go to sydney and you're like burning_eyes but when you go to melbourne you're like "oh this is good, oh we can drink the water too" but yea brisbane has really good air.... but our river is ********, it used be blue in teh 50s and now its this disgustin browny muddy colour. which is a shame really  

nrasjaa

scruffy012

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:58 pm
yeah and brisbane boasts about the river, and yet, yeah dotn swim in it or you'll come out pretty sick razz , yeah the air here is alright, but when i moved here originally, from the country, the air was fowl, in salisbury teh bread got stale in 5 mins after exposure to the air, (literally i timed it), yeah it was ******** disgusting (but salisbury was an industrial area) now at mt gravatt the air is great and breatheable, yay to residential areas razz  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:11 am
Well when I went to stay in Portland for roughly a week, I got back home, and I could smell the fumes in the air: it was pretty gross, but I got used to it of course.  

WellzY
Crew

stormavencore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:26 pm
Sad to say, I don't notice any difference in Sydney. I live here now, but orginally I came from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and well, lets just say, one of the first things I told my husband when I moved out here was, damn, the air is like, so fresh and clean! So.....go live where I used to live, and tell me if thats any worse then Sydney. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:30 pm
stormavencore
Sad to say, I don't notice any difference in Sydney. I live here now, but orginally I came from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and well, lets just say, one of the first things I told my husband when I moved out here was, damn, the air is like, so fresh and clean! So.....go live where I used to live, and tell me if thats any worse then Sydney. XD

I hear that! lol Cali smells like crap to! Im so excited about hopefully visiting Australia and I possibly will go to Sydney depending on where I get placed for exchange if I can go, if I dont do exchange then I am hopfully going to visit for atleast a few weeks after I graduate, or Ill go with my friend Shayne who has a Home in Tamworth.  

orangestripedcat

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:36 pm
stormavencore

Well then go out into the country, and see how fresh the air is then.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:57 am
The fumes are bloody awful. I live in the suburbs of Sydney, and even opening the window on the way into the city you'll get a lungful of exhaust. You really have to worry when the only way to get exhaust out of your car is to turn off the air con and breathe it in. x.x

Anyway, with the petrol prices the way they're going there might be a chance of a reduction in emissions biggrin  

Hermit of the Hills

Ozumou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:58 am
NSW goct will no longer build schools next to main roads
due to road safety and POLLUTION concerns.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:13 am
I've only ever been to sydney once, and i didnt leave the airport... but this really makes me not want to go there.  

WarriorShadow

Ozumou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:42 am
Hey, its a great place to visit,  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items