Reply Neopia Central
The Altador Cup: Rigged? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Meepinator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:17 pm
There are reasons to think it's rigged just as much as there are reasons to believe it isn't. Here's some reasons that I've heard throughout the site:

~~~~~~~~
RIGGED:
The winners side of the symbol and the losers side of the symbol. The AC symbol was cut in half, and one half was all winners, the other were the losers.

It is rumored that the next plot features the Haunted Woods. As we all know, Haunted Woods was the winner. There is much reason to believe it's rigged if the cup has anything to do with the next plot.

Teams like Brightvale's scores drastically dropped by as much as 300,000 points from one round to the next. People are skeptic as to why this happened.

TNT has rigged things before. Usually so the good guy always wins, to correspond with the actual plot itself. Maybe they did this for the next plot?

NOT RIGGED:

Freeloaders. People see that a certain team made many many points, and decide that if they are doing so well that they can win without their help and they can go along for the ride. But alas, the scores are an average - those who do not play brought down the whole team. That's how certain teams lost by so many points.

Many people hated the Haunted Woods because they were "mean" and "cocky", wich eliminated MANY freeloaders from their team, adding to their opposing teams like Krawk Island or Darigan, giving HW a better chance at winning.
~~~~~~~~

These are all the different reasons I could think of/remember. If you have any others, feel free to post them and I'll edit 'em up here.
Personally, I don't really think it was rigged OR fair. There are equal arguments to this, and I guess we'll never know if TNT really is telling the truth.
Incase your wondering, here's how my teams went throughout the cup:

Round 1: Brightvale. heart Result: Win. 4laugh
Round 2: Brightvale. heart Result: loss. emo
Round 3: Krawk Island. pirate Result: Loss. stressed
Round 4: Darigan Citadel. twisted Result: Loss. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:42 pm
All of your findings make sence. I never would have thought about it until you brought it up.

Personally I didn't pay much attention to the game sweatdrop , it was hard, and I didn't think it was very fun.  

EBthePurple

xLeath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:30 am
hm.. i think that it doesnt really matter, since we all get prizes and souveniers from the participation in the Altadorian Cup, which was a really fun activity. but wow, you've came up with much reasons to why the Altadorian Cup was rigged. hm.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:03 am
personally I don't think it was rigged, I liked getting the prizes though smile  

Jubilee of Jeremy

Conspiracy Soup

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
It doesn't really matter the only diff would b a trophy (and bragging rights mrgreen ) u would still get the same amout of points at the cup shop i no i wish KI would have won 2 crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:15 am
I don't htink ti was rigged

but that's probaly because I was with hw from the start  

sheep.go.RAWR

x_betrayal_x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:03 pm
I actually find it offensive when people say it was rigged. If Darigan won there would be no question about it, but saying it is rigged is insulting all the Haunted Woods players who worked hard to get what the got. I know I worked damn hard for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:45 pm
even though i was hit by a glitch which gave me the wrong trophy ;-;
i still think that it was NOT rigged i see not why many people think its rigged O_o  

airo-blast

P A N D A P P L E.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:06 pm
as tnt said the cup was not rigged. besides it's over now so if it was it wont matter...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:38 pm
As far as I care, it was not rigged. People were just being bad sport becasue they lost, and the rumors were most likely not true. Haunted Woods was just luck enough to work up enough points. I think the other team did a really good job too. I founf it extremely annoying I got over 20 neomails, saying me and my team were cheaters, losers, and only won because the game was rigged. (I was with Haunted Woods). And sorry for all that I still get grumpy about it.  

jesikitty

Genyusai
Crew

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:31 am
I don't think it was rigged, though the staff has been known to influence things that are typically furthered by users in order to proceed with certain plot devices/storyline.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:16 pm
funnie_hero
hm.. i think that it doesnt really matter, since we all get prizes and souveniers from the participation in the Altadorian Cup, which was a really fun activity. but wow, you've came up with much reasons to why the Altadorian Cup was rigged. hm.

Tis true. But I don't think it's rigged. I mean why would they need to rig it just for the new plot?? I'm sure Sophie the Swamp Witch didn't have anything to do with the Haunted woods winning.. Unless she was a huge sports fan and casted a spell... But I doubt it  

Koysry

Strong Glad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:50 am
surprised eek  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:17 pm
Hmmm... stare  

Sexclamation

Excitable Dabbler

6,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

DeanMarkley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 am
i dont think it was rigged its just people being sore loosers. nd who cares realy no matter who won we still got the same prizes. just depended on our personal scores. i thought it was a good plot, only problem was it was on on the weekend ends when i could barly get on.  
Neopia Central

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff