Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and tell, week of July 17! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:07 pm
I thought i'd make a new one since its a new week and nobody else has gotten to it yet. sweatdrop

This week, i'm planning on getting my PJs made (i have this really cute moon and cloud and starts material i'm making shorts, pants and a shirt out of), working on my patchwork hobo-bag (about 1/4 of the way there) and practicing tatting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:31 am
I haven't made any progress on anything. It's been too hot to knit. sweatdrop

But I did get some Alapaca rovings to spin from my mom and I bought some Merino top rovings in bunches of colors for myself.
3nodding  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:59 pm
Since last week I've been working on a large-ish cross stitch picture. It'll take all summer to finish at the rate I'm going. ^^; I'm also embroidering a smaller image on a little canvas bag that will be a gift to a friend. It's harder to place the stitches, but the project still goes more quickly. Hurray for size 22 cloth. ^o^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:44 pm
i'm still working on the isabeau handbag. finished the body today and crocheted the sides together. need to do lining and the handles and i'll be done with that.
next will be a comissioned batman purse for a friend.

firrantello

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:45 pm
I'm sewing some CD cover pouch/slip thingies.

Thick denim is hell to embroider gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:14 am
[Grendel]

i can imagine. but it'll be sweet when it's done i bet :-p  

firrantello

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:42 pm
[Grendel]

Embroidering denim? Ouch. Good luck!

I put a demin pocket (off an old pair of my sister's jeans) in my purse, and i did most of it on my sewing maching, and then took a larger needle, a little more sturdy, and threaded the needle 4 or 5 times with bright green thread and made a really thick border type thing along the bottom of the pocket material.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:14 pm
"too hot to knit"....

not for me biggrin

I'm currently working on an acrylic version of Bob from knitty.com - I saw these gorgeous new coordinating colors of yarn at the store and snatched them up and figured out they'd be almost enough for this pattern. I threw in a purple stripe from my stash. Soon as we find batteries for the digital camera you can see it. 3nodding I figured a short-sleeved sweater in acrylic would be perfect for those days where its hot outside but the a/c is on full-blast inside the classrooms 4laugh

and question: think this skirt pattern would work in acrylic? confused (yeah i'm cheap sweatdrop )  

gemini6184

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:19 am
I'm still working on the crocheted flute case. I'm slow right now because I'm doing the very boring part, single crochet stitches around and around until it's tall enough. I've also started looking for patterns for things that will sell at bazaars. I've been involved with our ferret shelter since we adopted two ferrets from them in January. We're planning on having tables at the local holiday bazaars and hopefully running our own bazaar to help raise money for the shelter.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:49 am
ForestGreen
I'm still working on the crocheted flute case. I'm slow right now because I'm doing the very boring part, single crochet stitches around and around until it's tall enough. I've also started looking for patterns for things that will sell at bazaars. I've been involved with our ferret shelter since we adopted two ferrets from them in January. We're planning on having tables at the local holiday bazaars and hopefully running our own bazaar to help raise money for the shelter.
what a great cause! good luck with that! for the booth my bf and i are doing next summer i have many purses and such things planned. in the winter you can sell things like scarves and hats alot easier than in the summer 3nodding  

gemini6184

bunnehdeo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 pm
I'm currently working on my first sweater..."Grace" from knitty. At the rate I'm going I'll have it done in a few months sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:53 am
No pics yet, but I finished the body of a summer sweater over the weekend. It's basicly a tank top right now, and I'm going to make the sleeves off-the-shoulder. I'll post pics when it's done.  

LadyAnubis

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:14 pm
bunnehdeo
I'm currently working on my first sweater..."Grace" from knitty. At the rate I'm going I'll have it done in a few months sweatdrop
good luck. i went with a real simple pattern for my first sweater.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:45 pm
gemini6184
bunnehdeo
good luck. i went with a real simple pattern for my first sweater.
Thanks! It's one of the simplest patterns I could find as it's my first real time following a pattern. The only thing I'm worried about is the reverse shaping & picking up stitches...Other than that it seems very simple.  

bunnehdeo

GooGooDoll

3,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:17 pm
I'm making a black corset top with white flowers but my boning hasn't come still so i'm stuck half way with it.
So, I might make this cool patch work bag I got a leaflet about, but I need to change the patten a bit of on it.

Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff