Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Not quite right...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you swiched words without knowing untill you finished talking?
  Yes
  No
  I did what?
View Results

dark_elf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:02 pm
Have you even been talking about something and swiched two words around so your sentence sounded funny? For example: awhile ago one of our cats was in the bathroom and the food dish was right there and I said to my dad, "Hay dad, Indie just put his food in the foot dish..." I did it so smooth and unplanned. 4laugh I had ment to say, "Indie put his foot in the food dish." rolleyes

So how about you or someone you know?

BTW, come see my avi in the arena > http://www.gaiaonline.com/avatararena/index.php?mode=vote&key=56rgz6&postid=4087
Please leave a comment if you can. 3nodding

OR

CLICKY CLICKY > http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=99&t=15717483#835933755 I waitress there. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:52 pm
Yep, I've definately done that before. I can't remind any particular times though.

What I do more often though is switch the first letter of two words beside each other in a sentence. For example, I'll say, "Today was a dot hay" rather than "Today was a hot day". Usually I end up doing this if I'm talking really fast about something or other with a friend or family member. I started doing this a lot quite a while ago and I still do it now from time to time.  

BlindingTwilight

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:29 am
BlindingTwilight
Yep, I've definately done that before. I can't remind any particular times though.

What I do more often though is switch the first letter of two words beside each other in a sentence. For example, I'll say, "Today was a dot hay" rather than "Today was a hot day". Usually I end up doing this if I'm talking really fast about something or other with a friend or family member. I started doing this a lot quite a while ago and I still do it now from time to time.

Aren't spoonerisms funny? I actually switch words quite a lot, especially when talking to my teachers. redface  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:08 am
The MoUsY spell-checker
BlindingTwilight

Aren't spoonerisms funny? I actually switch words quite a lot, especially when talking to my teachers. redface

The swiching of the letters seems harder todo then the words.

Is that what it is called when you swich two words, spoonerisms? Werid rolleyes .  

dark_elf

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:11 pm
I do stuff like that all the time. If I get in a hurry, I tend to get tongue-tied.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:14 pm
Usually during speechs where I get really nervous.  

SoneaCresent

dark_elf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:12 pm
SoneaCresent
Usually during speechs where I get really nervous.
Thats understandable, the after effect must be worse though.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games