Submit

So? Do you?
  Yes
  No
  You know I just want the gold.
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:04 pm
I see so many threads with people complaining about their parents.

I can't make a generalization, but in most of my observations the problems people have with their parents may also come from a lack of respect for their parents.

That's beside the point though.

What I want to know is how many of us actually get along with their parents.

I do. I get along so well with my parents, it's almost unbelievable. I never fight with them. Not once have I raised my voice to them in anger. I've never had a need to. They used to have a semi-issue with my choice of dress, but they've accepted it.

Maybe I was just blessed with great parents. Or mabye I just have the understanding that they are important people in my life who deserve respect, and I give them that, which is why we get along so well.

So, anyone else get along with their parents?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:24 pm
I get along with my dad, but my mother..no way. She doesn't deserve my respect. She tried to kill me numerous times as a child. She used to beat the Hell out of me. I'm not makin' this s**t up. So yeah, it annoys the crap out of me when these spoiled rotten teenagers complain about their parents. I do envy people with good relationships with their parents. No one in my family gets along and it's really sad.  

KoRnfucius

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:32 pm
I've heard a lot of stories of mothers trying to kill their children. My last boyfriend's parents are foster parents - though he was biological - and his mother would tell me horrible stories. Those are sad stories.

It's great to hear you get along with your dad though. I believe getting along with people takes effort.

I never used to get along with my brother. We fought a lot. I would consider killing him at times. But mum would always remind me and him that once she and my da were gone we'd only have each other. I think that constant reminder finally settled in. He and I get along extremely well now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:33 pm
Mmmm, I get along with my parents most of the time. I love them to death, I respect them, I usually respect their decisions (but I will object if I feel they're not being fair or if they don't know the whole story), but sometimes I wish they'd just leave me the hell alone. Usually those times are when one party isn't in the greatest mood, but... yeah. For the most part, my family is a peaceful one.  

EvFaerAshlynn

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:41 pm
i dont speak to my father.

My mother and I however, are fantastic. She may be old fashioned, but shes a fantastic lady. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:40 pm
Actually my parents were pretty cool about a lot of garbage I used to start as a teenager. My mom really didn't care what I wore as long as I was happy, and even would take pictures of me "gothed out" for a website that I haven't maintained in....*coughs*
Anyway, my parents have always been a supportive and caring force in my life. They have been there for me through a lot of emotional upheavals and all the drama that middle school and high school brought. Through loosing and gaining new friends, though tough relationship issues, they have always been there to back me up, or to talk to when I've faltered. I don't visit with them as much as I should now that I'm out of the house, but they really have done so much for me.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:05 pm
I have a pretty good relationship with both parents :3

They may get annoying sometimes, but I have NO doubt I get annoying sometimes too xD

The only problem is their relationship with each other o.o

((You gotta understand that my mother took my father to court many years ago, and he hasn't forgiven her. x.x;; ))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:08 pm
my mom is great. i respect her very much and she well deserves it. not only does she not have a problem with the way i dress she admits to liking it. but my bio-father hates me.  

h8kitten

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:54 am
Mine are quiet people..But when they talk tehy'll tell you how disappointed they are in you..They have issues against Bi/Les/Gay people..and I'm bi..by the way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:03 am
lurichan
Actually my parents were pretty cool about a lot of garbage I used to start as a teenager. My mom really didn't care what I wore as long as I was happy, and even would take pictures of me "gothed out" for a website that I haven't maintained in....*coughs*
Anyway, my parents have always been a supportive and caring force in my life. They have been there for me through a lot of emotional upheavals and all the drama that middle school and high school brought. Through loosing and gaining new friends, though tough relationship issues, they have always been there to back me up, or to talk to when I've faltered. I don't visit with them as much as I should now that I'm out of the house, but they really have done so much for me.

Aside from the part about not visiting them as much as should be done - since I still live with mine - that's pretty much a verbatim explanation of my relationship with my parents.

You did a better job of putting it into words than I could, Luri.

^_^

MortSanglant

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:18 am
I dont get along with my parents at all. They are always gone and they pawn off thier kids on me to watch...Everyday..They also expect me to always have the house clean when that is almost impossible. My brothers have problems...(ADHD, MR..That kind of stuff) so it is very hard to clean when they are running around getting into everything!

Also, my parents have a major problem with the way i dress. Just today they bagged all my clothes up and said they are going to go burn them...All i have left is a ripped t-shirt and a pair of cruddy jeans. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:03 am
My parents don't have a problem with the way I dress in the least bit. In fact, they even encourage it!

But we still have our fights. My parents are strict in other ways. I can't wear anything to revieling (which is why I still don't have a black bathing suit, because all the ones I found are either two peices and the bottoms go too low, or are too expencive). They won't let me get a job, but they hate it when I ask for stuff.

And they get home at like 5:30, and when they come home, they aren't in the mood to do anything because they where at work, and they are more preoccupied with their tv shows and work (yes, more work) than me.

My dad also tends to yell and complain. But not hit. He hasn't hit me in a long time. He never hit my mom (they have their occasional arguements, but they still love each other). He also tends to tease me. And when he is upset with me, sometimes he says mean stuff to me.  

lola_siannodel

BlairyFairy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:32 am
I don't get along with my parents because they don't respect any of my decisions.
I respect them, I do everything I need to and all they do is yell at me for the way I act and dress.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:03 pm
I get along great with my parents, except for now I feel like they're trying to tell me stuff to get me to hate the other one. They're getting divorced and their both competitive, but I just try to stay neutral and not take anyone's side on anything. But with my parents getting divorced and some other personal issues, it gets stressful at my house but my parents are always there for me.

Lexiegirl

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:41 pm
I get along well enough with my dad because he's ok for the most part of me being... well... dark. My mom on the other hand... not so pretty.
In general, this is what my mom hates about me (keep in mind I'm her only child and daughter and she's religious): I'm an atheist, I dress 'scary', I buy these 'evil satanic looking' necklaces, I don't want to be around with her, I hate being showered in hugs and kisses by her every single day, she doesn't understand why I am this way, and thinks I'm smoking something in my room.
I believe, that in my mom's mind, she's wanting to see me as the typical daughter who worries about what she's supposed to wear the next day, make-up, boys, school, friends, prom, etc. Not one who has an attitude problem, could care less about school and boys, and has friends who aren't exactly mom-approved.
The only way my mom is dealing with me right now is that she's gotten into her head that 'this is all a phase'. *rolls eyes* Believe whatever you want to believe mother.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff