Looking for a useful incense

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:03 pm

I'm running away for the weekend, which means I have a perfect oppertunity to be on my own and work some much needed magic. My plan is some spell work to help me banish a few bad habbits, but I'm not 100% certain of the best incense to use. I had thought perhaps Frankencense, but I think that's stretching the usual uses for that incense.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the chance to swing by my aunt's shop before I leave, which means I can pick up what I need before I leave town. I just need to know what I'm looking for before I do.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:49 pm

Why not gold or silver? Gold represents the father, silver represents the mother, um, a healing color combination is Green and pink together, I go more by colors than scent though so I am not sure how you do incense magick, that's how I go though.

Guitarhero356

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:31 pm

Frankincense and Myrrh are good for cleansing and banishing, can function as meditation aids and offerings to the spirit world, and smell DARN good. I really like the "Nightspell" incense from Airs. They're so potent at first that you don't even have to light them. Just put them in the area and the fragrance will spread.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:26 am

Azana Brown
Frankincense and Myrrh are good for cleansing and banishing, can function as meditation aids and offerings to the spirit world, and smell DARN good. I really like the "Nightspell" incense from Airs. They're so potent at first that you don't even have to light them. Just put them in the area and the fragrance will spread.

That's perfect. I already have a stick of Frankencense down at the house that I used to threaten our not-so-pleasant spook with last summer. Now I can actually put it to a practical use.

Quote:
Why not gold or silver? Gold represents the father, silver represents the mother, um, a healing color combination is Green and pink together, I go more by colors than scent though so I am not sure how you do incense magick, that's how I go though.

Unfortunately, none of those colours correspond with what I'm attempting. Black is going to work best, and I can off set it with any number of other colours to give myself a boost. I'm trying to banish, not heal. wink

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:39 am

Gypsy Blue
Azana Brown

That's perfect. I already have a stick of Frankencense down at the house that I used to threaten our not-so-pleasant spook with last summer. Now I can actually put it to a practical use.

Quote:

Unfortunately, none of those colours correspond with what I'm attempting. Black is going to work best, and I can off set it with any number of other colours to give myself a boost. I'm trying to banish, not heal. wink
Touche, black would be best to banish.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:08 pm

Yes, I agree, Frankincense sounds best for your needs 3nodding
I am hoping to work a similar type of banishing, I really gotta cut down on my procrastination sweatdrop

Kamikaze Noodle

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:39 am

Kamikaze Noodle
Yes, I agree, Frankincense sounds best for your needs 3nodding
I am hoping to work a similar type of banishing, I really gotta cut down on my procrastination sweatdrop

It's eating habbits with me; I'm a junk food junkie, and it's really catching up. I'm using this in conjunction with some other lifestyle changes to hopefully manifest a healthier lifestyle. It's just hard some times t say no.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:45 am

Gypsy Blue
I'm running away for the weekend, which means I have a perfect oppertunity to be on my own and work some much needed magic. My plan is some spell work to help me banish a few bad habbits, but I'm not 100% certain of the best incense to use. I had thought perhaps Frankencense, but I think that's stretching the usual uses for that incense.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the chance to swing by my aunt's shop before I leave, which means I can pick up what I need before I leave town. I just need to know what I'm looking for before I do.

perhaps kachina dreams? (its like, sage and cedar ._.) its just sortof a any use for any magic using ive had, and they all have worked (adequately xd ) but frankincense does sound like it would work better xD

justGhostie

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:41 am

How bout Patrolie (sp?) Its very earthy.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games