WHO WANTS TO KNOW WHY THEY'RE GOING TO HELL? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:17 pm
So yeah.. this van was parked outside the Salvation Army, and it's right across the street from our school. It's a Christian radio station promoting themselves. They gave out Doughnuts, Pizza, Pop, and Books with the New Testament in it, and comic books showing why everything we do is wrong.

I personally loved the "Hairy Polarity" (Harry Potter satire), in which Ari's parents were once witches and had the "deceiving demon" exercised from them, and how Ari was just going to end up being posessed because him and Marri read comic books about witchcraft.

Well, everyone basically took the food and the books. Except the books were mostly lying on the ground or in a trashcan. I found an extra one on my desk in Science.. so I'm mailing it to the first person to post that they want it.

PM me the mailing information. Continental US only, please.

Also, if you can.. tell me how many stamps I'll need.. I live in Eastern Ohio if that helps.

Oh.. and I realized that I've broken 8/10 commandments. I've never murdered or committed adultery.

Me and my friend Aislinn were like "OMG we're so gothic and demonic.. we slit our wrists and sacrifice small animals to the devil RAHHHH" in front of the guy.. he looked slightly freaked razz

But yeah, if you want it, post.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:15 pm
You can send it to me if you want; I'll scan it at work and post it in this thread! xd 3nodding  

blukattt
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:01 pm
One thing that comes to mind after reading the part about the donuts, I might have said the following:

Me: Hey, just like Church! blaugh

Fundie: *something self-, group-, or affiliation-praising* biggrin

Me: No, I was talking about the donuts. neutral

-or-

Me: Donuts- Food of the Gods! biggrin

Fundie: You mean 'God'. stare

Me: Oh please, I think He knows how to share. rolleyes

Beyond that, I might have said the following:

Me: So, you want to strive to be like Jesus, right? smile

Fundie: Of course! biggrin

Me: Well it's your lucky day- you can praise a Pagan! blaugh

Fundie: Jesus never did that! surprised

Me: Dude, know you're stuff- Matthew 8:10-12. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:07 pm
Oh wow. My Highschool only got the anti-abortion activists. We didn't get anything fun like the Fundies... razz  

Keistera

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:59 pm
Guy: "Noah, why did you tell the cyclops, dragons, and fairies the wrong time to get on the ark?"

Noah: "Because God hates them."

Guy: "That doesn't sound like God!"

Noah: (mocking/retard voice) "That doesn't sound like God!"

heart Robot Chicken heart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:10 am
whee I so wish my speaking skills were as brilliant as my typing; I get so nervous and botch things up when talking to others... unless I know them or my statement is short.  

Jameta
Captain

cameron610

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:49 pm
what your doing though when you say things like "I'm so gothic I worship the devil" is making paganism seem bad which is why christians and such people belive that because they get the wrong image from kids like you!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:07 pm
Kalile
what your doing though when you say things like "I'm so gothic I worship the devil" is making paganism seem bad which is why christians and such people belive that because they get the wrong image from kids like you!
Ummm... last time I checked, he was being sarcastic. neutral And if you are attempting to do the same, it's failing.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:15 am
Fundies are funny whee And you can't really stay angry with someone, when all they want to do is save you from eternal torture....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:05 pm
Kalile

Yep, it was sarcasm. Oh, and believe me... trying to tell them that we don't "worship the devil" just doesn't work. For Fundies, if you don't follow their religion, you are worshipping the devil -- they aren't getting the wrong image from us, they're creating it on their own.  

Keistera

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:33 am
Keistera
Kalile

Yep, it was sarcasm. Oh, and believe me... trying to tell them that we don't "worship the devil" just doesn't work. For Fundies, if you don't follow their religion, you are worshipping the devil -- they aren't getting the wrong image from us, they're creating it on their own.
Yup. Like is scientists found concrete proof that homosexuality was genetic, and not a choice, the research would simply be wrong, because it goes against the Bible.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:36 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Keistera
Kalile

Yup. Like is scientists found concrete proof that homosexuality was genetic, and not a choice, the research would simply be wrong, because it goes against the Bible.

The sad thing is that if they DID find out that homosexuality was genetic and could be predetermined, then somehow abortions for those certain babies that were "destined" to be homosexuals would be acceptable. (Keep in mind that this is just for the fundies, not Christians as a whole).  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Keistera

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:14 pm
Atma311
Nihilistic Seraph

The sad thing is that if they DID find out that homosexuality was genetic and could be predetermined, then somehow abortions for those certain babies that were "destined" to be homosexuals would be acceptable. (Keep in mind that this is just for the fundies, not Christians as a whole).

Somehow, they'd find a way ... which is disturbing. You could make three seperate discussion threads from that statement, though. razz  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:13 am
Atma311
Nihilistic Seraph
Keistera
Kalile

It's true. My aunt did her Masters degree on homosexuality in gentics, and was reaing over papaers, and found a whole bunch proposing the idea that if homosexuality could be detected in a fetus, to treat it as a genetic defect and offer the parent abortions  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Simi Knows Best

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:38 am
This is only because people tend to be hypocratic and consider themselves in the image of God. Who is as it says in the Bible forgiving and merciful. Yet they themselves tend to be cruel, and judgemental.
I don't look gothic, I look like a normal person and the fundies at my school saw my pentacle that I wear and took my teacher aside. She then later took me aside and gave me a pamphlet and told me that I was going to hell. BUT, she says, I can save my soul by praying forgivness from God and confessing my sins. How terrribly insulting. I've never flaunted my ways as some do, saying that ill curse you etc. to my professors. It's really just the way some people are. I don't think they do it on purpose.
It's the same with the homosexuality gene.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff