Use reflexes
  Use instincts
  Button mash
  Strategize
  Other
View Results

Kouga Grave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:11 pm
Whats the best strategy to use for link, all i do is use my twitch reflexes to beat the crap outta people, what strategies do you guys use?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:31 pm
i use the spin attack and the bombs and just try to beat em down

i once hit a computer trying to recover on hyrule castle on ssb with an arrow! mrgreen

damn that was funny rofl  

Prince Silverhand

Lonely Gatekeeper

13,625 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

demonman153

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:03 pm
practice with a friend have him jump off the ledge with any char. and use his up+B to recover. thy hitting them with and arrow as they recover.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:38 pm
My brother mashes ^B, with usually works pretty well.  

Muffs

Noob

Reaper1120

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:54 am
throw a bomb at the opponent they will block your bomb then do a dash a attack while hes in the ait jump up and do a down or a left hje should be blasted somewhat far  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:33 am
sorafan
throw a bomb at the opponent they will block your bomb then do a dash a attack while hes in the ait jump up and do a down or a left hje should be blasted somewhat far
but the opponent might grab it  

Trekazoid

Reaper1120

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:52 pm
Trekazoid
sorafan
but the opponent might grab it
....well if he dosnt grab it....doh!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:36 pm
I use spin attack a lot, then his sword attacks. I very seldom get the down A smash attack to hit it's intended target, and the other smash attacks are kinda weak..... I dunno, I just randomly pick something to use and do it. I don't really use Link that much.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Aqua_mentus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:39 pm
Multiple strategies:
1)Keep far distance from opponent and weaken with barrages of arrows,boomerang, and bombs;also block projectiles with Hylian Sheild,then use smash attacks to knock them off.
2)Use his double forward smash attack leading into spin attack.Then use a combo of A jabs and the hookshot when the enemy is aggravated and trying to perform attacks on you.Then end it with a spin attack at about 100%(depending on the characters mass...least pichu-70 most bowser-120)
3)Use weak attacks and projectiles then progress to strong attacks then smash attacks.

Well, tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:48 pm
I distance myself, then when they come I act ametuer so they think that they can KO me, then I suddenly beat the crap out of them, then from there on I would use combos with items like the star rod where I throw the boomarang then attack with the star rod then throw the star rod and run up to them and KO em'.  

Zaitrox

sniperfodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:51 pm
It's not a good idea to rely on his spin attack because of the huge lag after it. If someone blocks it, you'll be in trouble. A guy I know at my school uses the bombs as a recovery. before he get's sent flying, he'll pull out a bomb. He'll use his double jump and his spin attack. By that time the bomb blows up and he can use his spin attack one more time.

Personally, I use a generic block and grab when they're attacking. When I'm attacking I use a down A to lift them, an up A to send them higher and and finnish them with an up A in the air once more. Down A is always a concern of your opponent so you should try to use it too often. Also if they're recovering from above you use your spin attack becausue it'll send them flying in the other direction at a downward angle.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:01 pm
The best strategy is to kick butt! xd But seriously, I like to crowd my opponent with arrows, the boomerang, and bombs, then home in for the kill. But I would really do anything, depending on the situation.  

elf_hero66

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:40 pm
elf_hero66
The best strategy is to kick butt! xd But seriously, I like to crowd my opponent with arrows, the boomerang, and bombs, then home in for the kill. But I would really do anything, depending on the situation.

stare

Your strategy astounds me.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:13 pm
use bombs to deal damage or set up for a starter combo then grab throw in direction rush with a sword attak or two maybe and end with up b very affective  

Okied

Meh Kake Shiba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:24 am
ArGetLaM - Silver Palm
i use the spin attack and the bombs and just try to beat em down

i once hit a computer trying to recover on hyrule castle on ssb with an arrow! mrgreen

damn that was funny rofl

yes he is right spin and bombs are awesome
i heart link  
Techniques

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out