Submit

Do you get what I'm saying?
  Yeah
  Ehhh...
  Say what?
View Results

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:31 pm

I was always able to do it, and I didn't realize that apparently its not that common when I mentioned it to some friends. It can be the ground, an object, or pretty much anything. All I do is just set my hand on whatever and I know what's beneath/inside, how it's built, pretty much all that. One time I was outside my house about twenty feet away and I realized that there was a gap about 15 feet beneath me... not long later my dad found out that our crawl space under the house had an extra hidden tunnel... our house was part of the underground railroad.
Anyway. I was wondering about it. Like what exactly am I doing. Or if anyone has these experiences themselves. Anything really.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:14 pm

It sounds like a sort of clairvoyance; you know how some psychics can pick up an object and tell you about the person who owned it before hand, or they can use it to locate a missing person? That sort of thing. It's definately a sort of ESP, and a very unique sort of gift to have, especially when it helps you to uncover exciting bits of history like it did about your house.

You might try and see test the extent of it; get a friend to go and hide, and see if you can find them by picking up something of theirs. It's usually recomended that it's something that would be kept close the the body often, like a watch or similar item. 3nodding

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:39 pm

Gypsy Blue
It sounds like a sort of clairvoyance; you know how some psychics can pick up an object and tell you about the person who owned it before hand, or they can use it to locate a missing person? That sort of thing. It's definately a sort of ESP, and a very unique sort of gift to have, especially when it helps you to uncover exciting bits of history like it did about your house.

You might try and see test the extent of it; get a friend to go and hide, and see if you can find them by picking up something of theirs. It's usually recomended that it's something that would be kept close the the body often, like a watch or similar item. 3nodding

Actually, if they're using touch, then it's psychometry. ^_^ But that probably fits the bill.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:55 pm

The closest I get is your garden variety empathy.

MysteronKitty

Goddess Hekate
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:17 pm

I think you can probably develop it further, but as has been said it's probably wise to find out to what extend this gift has.
Personally I can feel very little through the ground but if I tried and practiced everyday I might get better, I simple haven't the time.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:24 pm

It's kinda weird. When I do set my hand on something, the only way I can describe it is that I feel like extra fingers or something are sprouting from my real fingers and feel around and create a picture (for lack of a better word) in my head. I get this tingley feeling in my hand, too.
That's the best way I can describe it.

Seira Relur

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:38 pm

Azana Brown
Actually, if they're using touch, then it's psychometry. ^_^ But that probably fits the bill.

My bad. I've never had a satisfactory definition of the two in comparison, to be honest, and get them confused most of the time.
redface
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff