Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
I think I'm on the wrong path...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MysteronKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:42 pm
...and that's odd. Because I've been practicing Voodoo since...ever.

But I just can't do it anymore. It's exhausting. The elaborate symbols, the constantly demanding loa, just in general. I'm reminded of my voice lessons: You could sing one way and sound great, but if it hurts your voice, then it's not the right way for you.

Hrmph. Any thoughts on this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:28 am
Well, he question is what feels right to you? Maybe it isn't so much the voodoo but you need to brach out some more.  

Guitarhero356

DR490N

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:31 am
this sort of thing is why i prefer to take a more direct approach to spirituality. I dont have much of a liking for ritual, and dislike the rules and resprictions placed upon each separate religion. so instead of selecting a religion, i've simply begun to contact the gods from this or that religion depending on how useful they are to what i'm doing. i would reccommend that if you feel voodoo isn't right for you, you either start seeking again, or begin taking a more eclectic path.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:56 am
DR490N
this sort of thing is why i prefer to take a more direct approach to spirituality. I dont have much of a liking for ritual, and dislike the rules and resprictions placed upon each separate religion. so instead of selecting a religion, i've simply begun to contact the gods from this or that religion depending on how useful they are to what i'm doing. i would reccommend that if you feel voodoo isn't right for you, you either start seeking again, or begin taking a more eclectic path.
Isn't that kind of disrespectful? You're treating the Gods as a means to an end, as tools.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:18 am
I would almost say take a break from the whole spirituality scene for a little while; you sound completely drained annd investigating a new system is probably not the best idea for the time being. Just rest and relax until you feel, well, not so ick and see where that takes you.

Re-examine Voodoo, look at why it appealed to you before and why it doesn't now. Maybe you'll find the root of the problem and be able to reconnect, maybe you won't and have to move on. Just take it slowly, one step at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:13 am
Nihilistic Seraph
DR490N
Isn't that kind of disrespectful? You're treating the Gods as a means to an end, as tools.

I'd have to disagree, it really depends on how you think about gods and that.
If you see gods as an aspect of a greater whole, then deciding the face and name of the aspect that you need to work with is not really using them. But if you see them as complete individuals then you're being more disrespectful than you deserve to get away with.  

Goddess Hekate
Crew

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:42 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
DR490N
Dragons always been straight forward though, but if you will look at his energy signature he ndoes have respect, so I serioulsy doubt he disrespects them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:52 pm
Not that I accuse this of occuring, but an individual can be innocent in intent but may accidentally offend or disrespect another.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:59 am
Goddess Hekate
Nihilistic Seraph
DR490N

If you see gods as an aspect of a greater whole, then deciding the face and name of the aspect that you need to work with is not really using them. But if you see them as complete individuals then you're being more disrespectful than you deserve to get away with.
I understand that view, but whether or not the individual Gods are distinct personalities, They are still worthy of the utmost respect in your dealings with Them. You should still treat the face your working with as an individual as It has been worshipped as an individual and has It's own consciousness. To say "Oh, I feel like tapping in to some Zeus power today" is going to annoy Zeus, as if you're going to try ask Zeus for His help, you should worship Him with the appropriate settings, not out of a void.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:37 pm
Jameta
Not that I accuse this of occuring, but an individual can be innocent in intent but may accidentally offend or disrespect another.
But that will happen regarldess of what you say though.  

Guitarhero356

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Guitarhero356
Jameta
But that will happen regarldess of what you say though.
Not necessarily; it depends on how one communicates.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:34 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Goddess Hekate
Nihilistic Seraph
DR490N

I understand that view, but whether or not the individual Gods are distinct personalities, They are still worthy of the utmost respect in your dealings with Them. You should still treat the face your working with as an individual as It has been worshipped as an individual and has It's own consciousness. To say "Oh, I feel like tapping in to some Zeus power today" is going to annoy Zeus, as if you're going to try ask Zeus for His help, you should worship Him with the appropriate settings, not out of a void.

Ah, but if you're looking at it from the veiwpoint of "all Dieties are one Diety" wouldn't Zeus only be a channel you use to communicate with the Divine? As in, Zeus would simply be the way your mind rationalizes the Divine in order to communicate with It.

But that makes me wonder, do we create Dieties through our worship and love? Is there now a true Zeus, a diety in his own right, given breath by out imaginings? If there is a true Zeus out there, then he should of course be treated with reverence.

Ugh. I think I stopped making sense before I even started typing. Feel free to ignore this psuedo philisophic mumbo-jumbo.  

[Life is a Glitch]

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:56 am
But if we do create the Zeus, He has still been created to be worshipped in the Hellenic tradition  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:56 pm
Well I chose the path of Paganism but I don't practice voodoo and I rarely perform rituals. I'm Pagan mainly for the morals and beliefs. You don't need to do magick to be Pagan.  

least_known_ninja

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff