Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 26: Inuyasha Fans ~ Forever and Always
Subbed or Dubbed? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Subbed or dubbed?
  Subbed (tee hee, like a football player)
  Dubbed
View Results

Satsuki Higurashi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:32 am
Okay, guys, which do you prefer? Subtitled or English dub?
Discuss the benefits of each, the problems of each and why you prefer the one you picked.
This can apply to Inuyasha only or bleed into other anime or mangas, whichever you prefer to discuss.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:35 am
I have to say that for Inuyasha I prefer watching the episodes with subtitles, and the movies with dubbing. I always watch them both ways, but I prefer Inuyasha saying "Keh," and Kagome's "osuwari". It has to be said that I hate Moneca Stori, with a passion. And also Willow Johnson.

For others like Rurouni Kenshin and Fruits Basket I prefer dubbed, althought in Kenshin he didn't have his beloved "oro". Why the hell not!?
I think that's all I have to say on the subject sweatdrop I guess it's because I started watching subtitled Inuyasha and that's the way it will always be.

Satsuki Higurashi

Momlady

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:52 am
Just came in to throw down my two cents....

As for InuYasha, I'll watch it either way, subbed or dubbed. Richard Ian Cox and Kappei Yamaguchi both fit the character. I think Moneca Stori's voice fits Kagome as well. Maybe not as well as Satsuki's, but hell, who else would you put in the spot? Coleen Clinkenbeard? I think not. As much as I love Coleen, she wouldn't fit the spot as a klutzy Japanese school girl. You can't say you hate a voice actress, you may hate the voice that they give a character, but you can hate them unless you know them at a personal level. I've met both of the above ladies and they're wonderful people. David Kay did an okay job. But I must admit, the voice he gave wasn't deep enough to fit the character like Narita Ken's voice overs.

As for other anime series, it all depends on the voices.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:08 am
Momlady
Just came in to throw down my two cents....

As for InuYasha, I'll watch it either way, subbed or dubbed. Richard Ian Cox and Kappei Yamaguchi both fit the character. I think Moneca Stori's voice fits Kagome as well. Maybe not as well as Satsuki's, but hell, who else would you put in the spot? Coleen Clinkenbeard? I think not. As much as I love Coleen, she wouldn't fit the spot as a klutzy Japanese school girl. You can't say you hate a voice actress, you may hate the voice that they give a character, but you can hate them unless you know them at a personal level. I've met both of the above ladies and they're wonderful people. David Kay did an okay job. But I must admit, the voice he gave wasn't deep enough to fit the character like Narita Ken's voice overs.

As for other anime series, it all depends on the voices.

I agree on David Kaye, he did do a good job. And I think Kappei is a god. Richard Ian Cox also did Inuyasha very, very well.
And I don't hate Moneca Stori on a personal level, just as Kagome. I guess I over exaggerated. But I really prefer Satsuki. At times I think she is great, especially during the movies, but I still prefer Satsuki.
I just feel the dubbed voice-overs are more theatrical and suit the movies better than the episodes.

Satsuki Higurashi

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:49 am
I never seen the sub verison yet which I already know the voice's are gonna be better XD Some of the english verison's isn't that bad though  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:48 am
GreedsLittleEdo
I never seen the sub verison yet which I already know the voice's are gonna be better XD Some of the english verison's isn't that bad though

Well... *ponders* When you say that bad... I do like the dubbing, so whatever I say about it, don't really take it to heart - I'm just nitpicking and defending Kappei and Satsuki's honour. 3nodding

But I particularly find myself cringing during the second movie while Inuyasha screams "Die!" at Naraku and cuts the Shikon shard out of his back. I always have to stuff my fingers in my ears in between sobs, I think it's that awful.
However... usually the attack moves are fun.
Like, for example, in the third movie when Sesshoumaru randomly steps forward and cries "Dragon Strike" so fancily he sounds almost gay. lol That has me in a fangirl puddle every time I hear it. But dubbed Jaken sucks, everyone must agree, as does dubbed Kikyo.

Satsuki Higurashi

Maginox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:46 am
I can deal with either... this is an awful reason but I usually just watch the dubs because I really don't like to read my anime... I read the manga for that purpose.

The Inuyasha dubs aren't bad though, so I don't mind either. I love Sango's dub, actually. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:18 pm
I like it with subtitles, Although i pefer to watch it in japanese, *To tell the truth* i watch Inuyasha 3 in japanese voice the second time *The first one we watched in english*. I pefer with subtitles too in english.
It's kinda intresting, because you watch with Japanese language with english subtitles, it's also a good way to learn japanese too. My sister owns the DVD of Inuyasha 3 and i just listen in english, then swich to japanese with subtitles, see?

*Looks both ways*  

Zenny Legend

Satsuki Higurashi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:54 am
Maginox
I can deal with either... this is an awful reason but I usually just watch the dubs because I really don't like to read my anime... I read the manga for that purpose.

*dies of laughter* I never really thought of that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:43 am
salvatore-shan
Maginox

well that statement open my mind a little.... confused ....... i ish confused now......nah i still likes subtitles  

l SAKU l

Satsuki Higurashi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:57 am
The_Black_13
salvatore-shan
Maginox

well that statement open my mind a little.... confused ....... i ish confused now......nah i still likes subtitles

Same here. I didn't at first, it was hard to get used to. At least for the first episode I ever watched. Then it stuck. I always end up going "No, Kappei did that line better. With feeling." or "Hmm, Richard can be quite amusing... *fangirly squeal*"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:49 pm
Personally, I prefer the original version of Inuyasha (with the subbs)... though I have to say that the voice acter for the Japanese version of inuyasha and the english version matched really well. (Also, it's really interesting that Kappei Yamaguchi voiced Ranma from Ranma 1/2 & Richard Cox was also the voice actor for the character Ranma in Ranma 1/2 dubbed... also Ranma 1/2 & Inuyasha happened to be from the same creator, Rumiko Takahashi 3nodding And also that's why Viz decided to use Richard Cox for the dubbing of Inuyasha... cause Rumiko Takahashi wanted Kappei for Inuyasha ^^)  

RedRainDropz

Satsuki Higurashi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:40 am
Kyoko-chan_1
Personally, I prefer the original version of Inuyasha (with the subbs)... though I have to say that the voice acter for the Japanese version of inuyasha and the english version matched really well. (Also, it's really interesting that Kappei Yamaguchi voiced Ranma from Ranma 1/2 & Richard Cox was also the voice actor for the character Ranma in Ranma 1/2 dubbed... also Ranma 1/2 & Inuyasha happened to be from the same creator, Rumiko Takahashi 3nodding And also that's why Viz decided to use Richard Cox for the dubbing of Inuyasha... cause Rumiko Takahashi wanted Kappei for Inuyasha ^^)

I know ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:44 pm
i prefer dubbed. although i like to read a lot. the reason is because when u watch something and understand it u could pay attention to the characters action and whats going on. but if its subbed, u worry about reading everything other than watching the movie. this is just my opinion.  

Anabethe

RedRainDropz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:32 pm
meleny7
i prefer dubbed. although i like to read a lot. the reason is because when u watch something and understand it u could pay attention to the characters action and whats going on. but if its subbed, u worry about reading everything other than watching the movie. this is just my opinion.

True, but for me, I got used to reading subtitles really fast while also paying attention to the action. I got used to it so much that if I watch a dubbed anime episode, I have a harder time of concentrating on just listening and watching. sweatdrop  
26: Inuyasha Fans ~ Forever and Always

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff