Journeys

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:30 am
Allright, here's a thread where we can talk about what journeys we have gone on, their success or lack of, or journeys that we are planning to do. It can be sabbat, esbat journeys, or just any random journey that you decided to go on.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:38 am
I'll start. I decided to go on a journey to te Northern Watchtower, the represtation of Earth, because I really didn;t have a good connection with earth. I started on a nice happy plain, with flowers, and even a couple rabbits. I walked through it, and my attention was drawn to one side where I saw a mountain. The sky got darker, and I was picking my way through a rocky pass. At one point, two large felines, that seemed to be made of lava blocked my path, growling at me. I said that I sought the Northern Watchtower, and they let me pass. Soon, I came to a lush jungle, with creatures and vegetation everywhere. I had a hard time getting through, until I climbed a tree and saw that I was half way through. I went down, and put on the pentacle around my neck, and I was able to go through was much ease. I got to a clearing where I saw a large tower of stone, rising into the air. The scenery kept on changing, from barren stone, to lush grass and flowering trees. I went up to it, asking entry. A doorkeeper (don't ask me what it looked like) marked my face with some earth, and gave me a ball of grass and a ball of crystal. I climed many stairs until I reached the top. There was this presence, which shifted form a pillar of light, to green mist, to a glowing green pentacle. I laid down the balls, and recieved a blessing.
Going back was much easier, and wherever I stepped, polished marble would form, maing apath for me.

There xd And no, I wasn't on any drugs

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:56 pm
stare What, don't tell me I'm the only person to go on guided meditations...  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:10 pm
It sure is looking that way. Would you mind sharing some pointers as to how one would go on a guided meditation?  

The Wallaby

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:53 am
The Wallaby
It sure is looking that way. Would you mind sharing some pointers as to how one would go on a guided meditation?
it's sort of similar to going on an Astral journey. More often than not, people go on journeys for the sabbats. For example, once on Samhain, a bunch of people and I did a journey to go see the Goddess in her Hecate aspect. It's allmost like telling a story with your mind. It can be very useful. Blah, okay, I'm not maing much sense xp

A guided meditation is when you let your unconscious take you on a journey to a specific place (such as the Northern Watchtower in my case) where you have a specific goal. How you get there all depend on your own mind. it's really something that's easier to do than explain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:33 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
The Wallaby
it's sort of similar to going on an Astral journey. More often than not, people go on journeys for the sabbats. For example, once on Samhain, a bunch of people and I did a journey to go see the Goddess in her Hecate aspect. It's allmost like telling a story with your mind. It can be very useful. Blah, okay, I'm not maing much sense xp

A guided meditation is when you let your unconscious take you on a journey to a specific place (such as the Northern Watchtower in my case) where you have a specific goal. How you get there all depend on your own mind. it's really something that's easier to do than explain

Ah, I see. Any special techniques you use? Or is it just meditation for a specific intent (like... I'm gonna meditate so I can go on this journey)?  

The Wallaby

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:27 pm
The Wallaby
Nihilistic Seraph
The Wallaby

Ah, I see. Any special techniques you use? Or is it just meditation for a specific intent (like... I'm gonna meditate so I can go on this journey)?
It's very similar to meditation. Only a little less rigid, because you have to let your sub-conscious supply the images and sensations that will be your journey  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:46 am
Nihilistic Seraph
The Wallaby
Nihilistic Seraph
The Wallaby

It's very similar to meditation. Only a little less rigid, because you have to let your sub-conscious supply the images and sensations that will be your journey
Interesting. I will have to try it sometime.  

The Wallaby

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:00 pm
The Wallaby
Nihilistic Seraph
The Wallaby
Nihilistic Seraph
The Wallaby

Interesting. I will have to try it sometime.
It's amazing how intricate the journey can get. It's kind of like your subconcious saying "finally, I've been let out. Now time for some exercise"  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:56 am
Nihilistic Seraph
It's amazing how intricate the journey can get. It's kind of like your subconcious saying "finally, I've been let out. Now time for some exercise"
Hm, do you think it is just exploring your subconsious then? Was it that the information was there all along, and you simply had to search for it? Or is your subconsious going through some alter-reality of sorts to find answers, ie seeking help from an outside source?  

The Wallaby

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:49 pm
The Wallaby
Nihilistic Seraph
Hm, do you think it is just exploring your subconsious then? Was it that the information was there all along, and you simply had to search for it? Or is your subconsious going through some alter-reality of sorts to find answers, ie seeking help from an outside source?
I don't know for sure, but I think it that way that everyone is connected to the divine. I don't know if your subconscious is recieving these jouneys images from an outside source and shows them to you, or that it's all contained within you.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games