Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
I need some assistance... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hitara the Brave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:37 am
Im lookin' for a spell that help others sleep.

Anyone know of one?

I've checked my book and memory for one.

I only have spells that speed up time, increase sexual engery/feeling and spells that allow me to put a magnetic field in my room cuasing anything lookin' into my room to be blinded.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:51 am
i don't know of any but ill reach out to some friends to see if they have any  

MOD66

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:43 am
You could always go into the Greek pantheon, they had a demi-god specifically for sleep. He was called Hypnos. Just be careful, because his brother Thanatos is death, and Hypnos once pissed of Zeus, and the only reason Zeus didn't crush Him is because Zeus was scared of His mommy Nyx biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:06 am
here i have one now

eyelessones
Wrap handfuls of uncooked oats and dried camomile flowers, and a pinch of mandrake in a square of cheesecloth and filter a hot bath through it. Light some Egyptian kyphi incense and bathe while deeply breathing the aromas. In bed, envisage yourself in a field of camomile, like Dorothy surrounded by poppies in the Wizard of Oz. Think of lying down in the fragrant daisies, lulled to sleep by their fresh, sweet smell. Beneath the ground, the underworld; and above, in the blue sky, Witches and rainbow-hued elementals fly by on unimaginable missions. You lie drowsing in the fragrant flowers, following one of the passers-by, then another, tracing their patterns in the ether and following to the tunnel leading to the deep blue yonder.

MOD66

DR490N

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:24 pm
i got nothin. however, if you'd message me with the spell for blinding watchers, i would appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:16 pm
DR490N
i got nothin. however, if you'd message me with the spell for blinding watchers, i would appreciate it.

Ummm...

I dont remember it off hand. But I'll let you know asap when I find it.  

Hitara the Brave

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:24 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
You could always go into the Greek pantheon, they had a demi-god specifically for sleep. He was called Hypnos. Just be careful, because his brother Thanatos is death, and Hypnos once pissed of Zeus, and the only reason Zeus didn't crush Him is because Zeus was scared of His mommy Nyx biggrin

Seems like a sachet of lavendar or a massage would be less...lethal. xd

Edit: @ OP: Chamomile/valerian tea may just do the trick. Sometimes the most effective ways are also the simplest.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:55 am
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph

Seems like a sachet of lavendar or a massage would be less...lethal. xd

Edit: @ OP: Chamomile/valerian tea may just do the trick. Sometimes the most effective ways are also the simplest.
You gotta love the opening to the play Queen Mab

"HOW wonderful is Death,
Death, and his brother Sleep!"  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:43 am
I have a little herbal bag done up to stick under my pillow when I'm plagued with sleep problems, and one of my key componants in mugwort and mistletoe. It works wonders, but leads to some incredibly funky dreams.

It also contains orris root power, black salt, and rose petals to encourage love, protection, and beauty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:52 am
Hopps flowers in a cloth bag under your pillow work will to put you to sleep. My friend did it when she was having problems sleeping and after she had now trouble at all.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

justGhostie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:46 am
chamomile tea is supposed to be really good for sleeping. i also have a little satchel of lavender and thyme i use to sleep (dont ask about the thyme, i was experimenting with the few herb plants i have acess to and those two mixed together seem to work rather well, though i gave it to a friend and the planter with the herbs recently died from the heat. ._.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:53 pm
UnholyDarkness
Im lookin' for a spell that help others sleep.

Anyone know of one?

I've checked my book and memory for one.

I only have spells that speed up time, increase sexual engery/feeling and spells that allow me to put a magnetic field in my room cuasing anything lookin' into my room to be blinded.

You could make a dream pillow. Its basically a little pillow that has either dried lavender and other herbs in it or has those essential oils in the cloth. Lavender is a very soothing scent and helps many people fall asleep at night. Mixing it with a couple other soft scents (maybe a light mint, but I'm a sucker for mint I put it in my wake up and go to sleep works and pretty much everything) I don't know find some scents that you or the person you're making the pillow find soothing and go well together and go for it.

Also guided mediation or relaxation techinques are highly under rated. Some soft music and the right kind of imagery to go with it will go a long way towards a peaceful sleep.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Skasha

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:08 am
Twack
here i have one now

eyelessones
Wrap handfuls of uncooked oats and dried camomile flowers, and a pinch of mandrake in a square of cheesecloth and filter a hot bath through it. Light some Egyptian kyphi incense and bathe while deeply breathing the aromas. In bed, envisage yourself in a field of camomile, like Dorothy surrounded by poppies in the Wizard of Oz. Think of lying down in the fragrant daisies, lulled to sleep by their fresh, sweet smell. Beneath the ground, the underworld; and above, in the blue sky, Witches and rainbow-hued elementals fly by on unimaginable missions. You lie drowsing in the fragrant flowers, following one of the passers-by, then another, tracing their patterns in the ether and following to the tunnel leading to the deep blue yonder.
Wow, that just sounds wonderful, if I run into any sleep problems I will deffinetly try that.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:10 am
Personally, I just envision myself in a beautiful forest, just before night fall, when the crimson light filters through the leaves in a peaceful lulling way. And I imagin myself leaning against a tree and taking in the beauty of the moment, and listen to the sounds of nature.  

Skasha

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:43 am
Gypsy Blue
I have a little herbal bag done up to stick under my pillow when I'm plagued with sleep problems, and one of my key componants in mugwort and mistletoe. It works wonders, but leads to some incredibly funky dreams.

It also contains orris root power, black salt, and rose petals to encourage love, protection, and beauty.

Well, if you put mugwort in there, you shouldn't be surprised. It's been known for causing strange dreams and stimulating psychic phenomena. But, like some medications, one shouldn't drive or operate heavy machinery when using it.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff