Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Look! An analogy from a Video Game to the noob problem!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good analogy, eh?
  Yep!
  Nope. You suck.
View Results

Master Sergeant Luigi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:15 pm
If you play the game Morrowind, officially The Elder Scrolls III, you will understand this analogy:

Gaia is the Vvardenfell district in the province of Morrowind (Forums), of the Empire of Tamriel (The Internet). In the center of Morrowind, is a region known as "Red Mountain" (Chatterbox/GD). Many years ago, the Tribunal (Admins) put a giant magical artifact around Red Mountain known as the "Ghostfence" (ToS). There is one opening in the Ghostfence, and it is the Ghostgate, which is guarded by Ordinators and Bouyant Armigers (Moderators). The Ghostfence was put around Red Mountain to keep in Dagoth Ur (King of noobs) and his horrible legions of undead (Noobs), along with the Blight Disease (Noob Diseases, such as NOSPACEBARVIRUS), from contaminating the rest of Morrowind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 pm
Oh wow...  

Archdemonessa

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:51 am
That's nice!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:48 am
Oh my god...  

SJC^Superslacker^

Ramda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:46 pm
Frighting but intelectually stimulating confused  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:00 am
>.< what game is this? cute explanation nonetheless  

dianersj

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:44 pm
Don't be mean! Everyone was new to Gaia once upon a time! It's not like they can just sign up and suddenly be experts! I hate people who hate noobs!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:12 pm
Morrowind is the best, so that makes you. Uhh, I don't know. Awsome?  

The_Domo_Ninja

SJC^Superslacker^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:37 am
Owww... my head hurts...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:36 pm
A Soul So Black
Don't be mean! Everyone was new to Gaia once upon a time! It's not like they can just sign up and suddenly be experts! I hate people who hate noobs!

They, n00bs, can at least try and be newbs. ((There IS a difference. n00bs are the ones everyone gets annoyed about. Newbs are the ones who at least ask for help, are sorry they did something wrong and don't pretend to know everything)).  

Oni no Seiryuu

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:05 am
Oni no Seiryuu
A Soul So Black

They, n00bs, can at least try and be newbs. ((There IS a difference. n00bs are the ones everyone gets annoyed about. Newbs are the ones who at least ask for help, are sorry they did something wrong and don't pretend to know everything)).

Okay, so not all newbs are n00bs, but it's not like they can HELP being annoying! And not all of them have bad grammar! My sister, cherry_bomber, is a noob (annoying little squirt) and her grammar is, while imperfect, excellent for an 11 year old! So there!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:03 am
Galadedrid Damodred
Oni no Seiryuu
A Soul So Black

Okay, so not all newbs are n00bs, but it's not like they can HELP being annoying! And not all of them have bad grammar! My sister, cherry_bomber, is a noob (annoying little squirt) and her grammar is, while imperfect, excellent for an 11 year old! So there!

Just because you think your sister's annoying doesn't mean everyone on the Internet thinks she is, so technically (unless I'm mistaken) she's a newb, not a n00b.  

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:57 pm
I wish I had your kind of free time. Oh the places I would go...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:34 am
Nicholas Kaze
I wish I had your kind of free time. Oh the places I would go...

If only more people could be like you.  

Katurrah

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces