Reply Spam / Gaming - Related Topics
Anime may be banned Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:40 pm
I don't know if you watch anime, but there is a petition going to the U.S. government to ban anime of all forms. If you support anime and you don't wish for it to be banned sign the petition

send the link to your friends.

Thanks smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:29 pm
Thanks for bring this to light for others, I have heard of this before. I hope this never happens though.  

Cyto

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:34 pm
What. The. ********.

burning_eyes

THEY CAN'T DO THAT. crying No ******** way. That would never pass. If it did... there'd be riots and things burnt to the ground to get it back.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:50 pm
Somehow, I highly doubt the truth of that. Anime is a buisness enterprise, with proven profits, and therefore, taxable income. Governments know to leave buisness alone if it provides them with a nice big cheque every year.

Plus it's origin is Japanese, and banning it could be constrewed that America doesn't approve of Japanese culture. Bad political move.

I'm guessing that anime is safe for now, it'd probably take some horrific tentacle-rape hentai or lolita being played to a high government official for anything to really threaten anime.  

Isobel Bellamy

Dayanaria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:17 pm
I highly doubt that they would ban it too, for the same reasons that Isobel mentioned. Also if they banned anime that would mean that they would have to ban alot of American animation films as more and more are starting to get that 'anime' type of feel to them. PLUS they'd also have to ban anime-stylized games (that WILL never happen in the US, guaranteed, not with games such as DragonBall, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy bringing in the largest sales of all video games on the market) which will be well over 1/2 of the entire video game market.

Ontop of all that they would have no justification in banning them. If they try to ban Hentai then they would have to ban ALL adult oriented films (again that will never happen). And frankly other than the Hentai movies there is ablsolutely no differences between american cartoons (other than drawing styles, and anime generally having better storylines) and japanese anime. Plus opening that can of worms would mean that they would have to look at adult american cartoons too, like South Park, Bevis and Butthead, and the Adult Swim comedy block...

We live in a America where freedom of speech is enforced, and Anime is simply a form of speech. They would have to amend the consititution and the federal laws inorder to ban anime, and I highly doubt that they would be willing to do that.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:40 pm
Here's what I have to say...

STOP SPREADING THIS ******** RUMOR. IT WAS PROVED AS BEING FALSE SEVERAL YEARS AGO.

Anime Forum Guidelines
"Ban Anime Petition" Threads: There have been threads where people are linking to petitions to ban anime or save anime from being banned. These petitions are a hoax! In no way is anime going to be banned. These threads usually create panic, anger, and can also cause a flame war.

It was a rumor started in the late 90's by people who hated anime. They wanted to anger anime fans, so they started a rumor that anime was going to be banned. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH TO IT.

So I repeat,

STOP SPREADING THIS ******** RUMOR. IT WAS PROVED AS BEING FALSE SEVERAL YEARS AGO. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO TRUTH TO IT.

Also, I should mention...

ANIME CANNOT BE BANNED. IT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL (therefore, illegal to be made into a law) TO BAN A MEDIUM.  

GilAskan
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:44 pm
Honestly, I even got a PM about this.

Okay, there are many reasons why this WILL NOT happen here in the United States.

I know some of these have been pointed out, but I will copy what I said in the PM:

Okay, look, Bush can not ban Anime, it is literally impossible, and protected by the filming acts for the industry.
Now, if Congress goes through and tries to ban it, they can be sued by the UCLA for taking racist actions against Japan and other countries for banning materials specificly made by them.
Also, this would be a major blow to overseas shipping companies, which would only hurt the economy so much, but it will make a massive imapct on jobs based soley on oversea film shipments.

Another thing, if somehow Anime is banned here in the U.S., DOWNLOAD IT AND SHUT UP.
---

Also, I would like to say that I agree completely with what Dayanaria said about the video gaming part, as well as television.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:53 pm
Somebody place this under spam, really ******** stupied spam  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

~Loves_Yami~

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:28 pm
they probably wont do it...even though there arent MANY anime stores around where i live...its still kind of a big money chain...alot of kids in the U.S kids/adults like anime and there might be few but huge or lots or smaller riots about it...and if they DO do it...i WILL be in those riots as well -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:45 am
Oh that's bull, they won't ban anime.  

GreedsLittleEdo

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:04 pm
I wouldn't worry it too much. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:47 pm
EvFaerAshlynn
What. The. ********.

burning_eyes

THEY CAN'T DO THAT. crying No ******** way. That would never pass. If it did... there'd be riots and things burnt to the ground to get it back.

NO. ********. WAY.
I WOULD BE THE ONE LEADING THE FRIGIN RIOTS scream  

RevlinHeartsblood

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:50 pm
im kinda confused???
"Anime, The best thing for teens... It gives us teenagers a sense of reality, love, drama, and most importantly... a heart! unlike the adults signing this petition"
uuh, if i sign this, does it mean i want Anime gone?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:22 pm
eek sad crying NOOOOOO!!!! They can't do that!  

anime_freak777

bakasensei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:33 pm
F#*%K NO, THEY BETTER NOT MESS WITH THE BEAUTYFULL WORLD OF ANIME, DOSE SON OF *&^%$ TRAING TO RUIN WHAT IS PERFECT  
Spam / Gaming - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff