Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:51 am
Sorry about the deletion of the old FAQ sticky, everybody, that's not really what I meant to do. We can start fresh, though! Pretty soon I'll be posting a list of Frequently Asked Questions on here, but for now, just ask away! If you have some questions for me to add to the list, just PM me.

update (08/09/06): I've just posted the first Q&A that I've finished, woohoo! (don't worry, there'll be more...)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:35 pm
Frequently Asked Questions about the SCA

Q: Do I have to be a member to attend events?
A: No. You just have to wear an attempt at period clothing and pay the site fee. (there is generally a non-member surcharge of $3)

Q: How can I become a member?
A: Visit www.sca.org and either print out a membership form to send in or fax, or send it through directly using your credit card.

Q: Should I even bother becoming a member?
A: It depends on how involved you want to become, and to what degree. If you want to fight competitively or run for an office of any kind, you must be a member. It can also save money if you attend a lot of events throughout the year. If you don’t plan on doing any of these things, and you rarely attend events, it may just not be cost effective.

Q: How do I find my local group?
A: Visit www.sca.org . Click on the link entitled “SCA Groups.” There is a list of all the kingdoms, and what territories they cover. From your kingdom website, you just follow the links to another list of groups or a map of the kingdom to find your shire/barony/canton/whatever.  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:42 pm
In a slight addendum to LittleGreenGirl's post (with permission):

You do not need to be a paid member in all Kingdoms to participate in fighting. In An Tir, for example, the only instances where fighters must be paid members is when the winner of the tourney will become an officer: ie Crown or Coronet, as officers/royalty are required to be SCA members. Therefore, you don't have to be a paid member, just authorized, to fight.

On that note, however, LittleGreenGirl has informed me that in some Kingdoms, you must be a paid member in order to become authorized. I believe she's looking into this further. However, you can always inquire with your local Seneschale or fight practice to find out the rules in your Kingdom.  
Newcomers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games