I just recently watched the third episode of Stargate SG1 and it was basically a cross-over with Atlantis as the SG-1 team goes to Atlantis. Although I usually like cross-overs (ie: The ninja turtles and Power Rangers episode was cool) I thought that there was something lacking in this Stargate crossover and I think it was the writting.

I found that with Sheppard and Michelle in the same room, there was a constant struggle to be the "coolest and wittiest" army dude. Sheppard ended up winning, but I think it's partly because the audience knows him longer and therefore 'like' him more.

I also thought that McKay was much more of a jerk than he normally is. Sure, he's supposed to be arrogant and petty, but he crossed that fine line and you almost wanted to hate him. He was definately not in his element in that one.

So I was disappointed. Of course, there were parts that I enjoyed - I always like encounters with Ancients, but overall, I thought that this was a very misplaced episode that through my right off. I was hard to watch the third episode of Atlantis afterwards cause it disoriented me so.