Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
Fond Memories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you post in this topic?
  Yes!
  Never
  Post? I'm just here for the free cake...
View Results

TintedShades

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:29 pm
Here is a place to post all of your childhood memories that are near and dear to you. I would love to hear about them if you can think of any.

One of my fondess childhood memories is story time. My sisters and I used to sit close to my mother and listen to our favorite stories. Of course, we would often fall asleep but it is still a good memory that I treasure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:42 am
One of my best memories as a child was when I went to Disney World with my mom and grandparents. When we went there, I got to meet my favorite Ninja Turtle, and we didn't even know the Ninja Turtles were there when we went. We also had breakfast on this boat thing, and random Disney characters came to greet us. I remember trying to shut Donald Duck's bill with my hand. I never could figure out why, but my mom told me it was because he wasn't talking. My grandparents took a picture of it, and it was recently in my senior slideshow at my graduation.  

Hakura88

TintedShades

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:47 am
That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I've been to Disney World before and I had my picture taken with Winnie the Pooh, though I hope it doesn't end up in a slideshow at my school whee .  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:34 pm
I think my fondest childhood memory would be when hockey started to come out...like a big thing. So friends in our small neighborhood would hold games on the street. I think we did this for about six summers until we had no teams of five.  

Nycko

TintedShades

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:36 am
That's cool, but wouldn't you be annoyed at having to move your game every time a car came?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:26 pm
I remember when I was in seventh grade we had wizard of oz day and we got to dress up like characters from the movie. Well, there was a feather floating around, and another friend made the brilliant descision to tell her that if she ate it, her crush would appear. So, she ate it. I was laughing so hard, it took me close to an hour to stop. We still tease her about it, because he never did show up. 3nodding  

larxene 12

4,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TintedShades

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:27 pm
Haha, that is hilarious, larxene12!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:47 pm
Whoa... hah those are all good memories... xD

I just remember the fun times my family and I had at our great uncles' farm in the South Dakota boondocks. Every Fourth of July we'd have a family reunion there (and our family reunions were nice because only about 20 or less people came--so everyone knew eachother very well). Later in the night, we'd fire off fireworks in the middle of a cemented area. I recall one time when my third cousin Kelly was lighting up a firework, it went off but without any noise, this loud, obnoxious noise ripped through the air and it took us all a second to realize that holy crap... that wasn't a firework, that was Kelly farting! So he's still known at the sound effects guy today wink

*sigh* Too bad everyone got old and died, sadly enough.  

Lilith Le Midge

TintedShades

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:17 am
Lilith Le Midge
Whoa... hah those are all good memories... xD

I just remember the fun times my family and I had at our great uncles' farm in the South Dakota boondocks. Every Fourth of July we'd have a family reunion there (and our family reunions were nice because only about 20 or less people came--so everyone knew eachother very well). Later in the night, we'd fire off fireworks in the middle of a cemented area. I recall one time when my third cousin Kelly was lighting up a firework, it went off but without any noise, this loud, obnoxious noise ripped through the air and it took us all a second to realize that holy crap... that wasn't a firework, that was Kelly farting! So he's still known at the sound effects guy today wink

*sigh* Too bad everyone got old and died, sadly enough.

lol, (except for the dieng part...)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:27 am
My dad used to make riddle treasure hunts for me. I could win anything from eating out and ice cream to little toys like a chinese finger trap. So much fun when I was little and mom was a work. Dad worked 3 to11  

Vixen in Purple

_Rebels_Whore_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:50 am
One of my fondest memories is when my brother and I went to marine land with my dad and my brother got hungry in the deer area and he started eating his ganola bar and these baby deers that they had out to pet like chased him down. It was tramatic for him, but funny for everyone else blaugh . Another memory is when we use to live on a farm and once during the summer, my brother went out in boxers and rubber boots to feed the animals. He took some grain in a bucket and went in the middle of the feild and started shaking it. The horse, the cows, the donkeys, and the goats all came at him at once. He started running like a little girl screaming and was running in circles with the animals in tow.
(my brother is older then me)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:32 pm
My fondest childhood memory? Hmmm... I'd have to say the times when my dad took my brothers and I out to the park to ride our bikes. I loved those times; just enjoying the fresh air and having so much fun racing and such.  

AzureFlame

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:49 am
My childhood was less than ideal. The details sound horrible but I didn't realize it so much when I was very young. I was relatively happy until about the age of 8 or 9 when I was old enough to realize that my home life was not acceptable.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:14 pm
My fondest childhood memory... I remember my dad would read to me the books he read when he was a little kipper. I remember the books smelled sort of old, and that he was great at reading stories.

I also remember walking with my grandmother to the K-mart that was right down the street from our house, and getting a bag of M&M's.

Which reminds me of the time I tried to make cereal by myself: I was a little night owl, so my grandma was asleep when I decided to get some cereal; I couldn't reach the cabinets, so I used a dining room chair to climb on the counter and reach the cereal box. When I tried to climb back down, my foot couldn't reach the chair, and I got scared; I yelled for my grandma to get me down. xd

kitty_meow10

Tipsy Kitten

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games