Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Memorable Threads
~` Matching vs Nonmatching. // A friendly discussion. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alhandra patchoulii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:37 pm
So.
I know we have three types of ATers.

Type one:
ALWAYS matches. May not use perfect shades, but must have color balance.

Type two:
NEVER matches. Or rarely. Loves to see realistic or avatars based purely on flow and overall look.

Type three:
They do a little of both. Sometimes they match, but enjoy a little theme every once in a while. They are middlemen.

DISCUSS.

What do you see yourself as?
Opinions on the other types?
Is matching everything, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:33 am
When I first got into the AT I got torn up about my lack of matching colors. So it's really stuck with me and it's sort of what I prefer and aim for. Though sometimes it doesn't match, mainly because I don't know what colors/items to use together. I usually prefer to see avatars with a matching color scheme, but sometimes I think "type two" can be done nicely, and I have seen it done nicely. Whatever people can work with and prefer I suppose.  

laFred

[x~`Teh Fishy Boy`~x]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:50 am
Id say im a type 3...

But im becoming a type 1 more and more everyday xD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:51 am
I fall hard into the type 1 catagory.

I love to not match, seeing other people's avatar not matching are always so fun to look at.

Then when I try to, it still turns out as matching.

>________>;

[Ch!ps]

littleraverjoey

Aged Citizen

13,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:22 pm
I always match, even when I have a theme, it tends to be born out of the matching items I choose to use.
I personally don't get non matching avatars, I find them hard to rate, and a lot of the time I just find them icky to look at. But everyone has their own tastes yes?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:24 pm
LittleRaverJoey
I always match, even when I have a theme, it tends to be born out of the matching items I choose to use.
I personally don't get non matching avatars, I find them hard to rate, and a lot of the time I just find them icky to look at. But everyone has their own tastes yes?
I agree.  

[x~`Teh Fishy Boy`~x]

laFred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:55 pm
Yeah, I have trouble rating non-matching avatars just because it's a bit harder. When they match, you sort of know already how to rate it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:56 pm
I'm a type one. Matching has always been rather important to me in an outfit.

But recently, I've been focusing mainly on style and matching, rather than just matching. I think it's a better way to look at things when creating a new look. n-n

[K!ng]

Sparkly Shade

[x~`Teh Fishy Boy`~x]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:21 pm
K!ing has a point, im usually trying to make something that matchs and has a flowly look.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:04 am
I'm the middleman, definetely.
I love a goOd matching avatar, but I just adore non-matchy avatars.
And ohman, realistic avatars are sooo hot dramallama heart  

Raech is Outrageous

FrozenFyre
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:13 am
i personally always match XD i find it more fun.
i agree with joey though. i can't rate non-matching avis very well. Like, i suppose i could rate on style, but its such a subjective thing to rate on. ("i don't like your style. 2/10")
as far as matching everything, i hate being rated down because my devil tail doesn't exactly match. in my opinion, it matches close enough.
and i also don't mark down avis when their hair, or eyes don't match. it kinda bothers me when people do that. x_X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:49 am
i'm a type 3 most definitely.

Matching is fun and all, and when certain colors are together and evenly distributed, its effing eyecandy all over the place.

However, sometimes style overrules perfect distribution and occasionally the focal point of the avatar is one specific area, thus matching takes away from it on the basis that the whole avatar is in focus. and not the orginal intent of the focal point.

Spork loves her some head clutter combos xd

heart  

[_Spork_]

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:03 pm
I'd call myself a 2.5, with the whole ferret thing going on.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:27 pm
I think I'm the person closest to a two that you'll find in AT, but I still would consider myself a three, because I do match to some extent. I'm never a**l about colors, though. And a lot of the time I don't match for beans...so yeah, there we are. xd  

Tastick

m o n r o e j u n k i e

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:52 pm
Type 2 or 3.
It depends really.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff