Reply ~ Main Forum ~
It scares the sh^t out of me! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:50 pm
I have to over come a fear of mine.My dream job that I'm going to school for has to deal with embalming.It's a choice but there's a better chance of getting the job if you learn.I looked up how to do it and I puked.My stomache still hurts.If I don't get over this there goes my future.

Have you guys ever gone through something like this?How do I over come this?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:00 pm
If your dream is that important to you. You have to stick with it. I hate to say it, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Getting over your fears is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

This way, you are open to more activities, and can learn to lead a more knowlegable life. Good like. Hope All Goes Well!  

mee_shee

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:36 pm
embalming.... my friend david wants to become and embalmer, but he's a nurse already.... and thinks the whole thing is pretty cool....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:19 pm
Look its nasty to watch but just focas on your job think of some thing happy and don't have any physical distractions while you doing it and you'll be just fine mrgreen  

MOD66

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:30 pm
Work in an emergency room, volentering(sp) for the red cross. That will get you used to the things involved in it... You see all kinds of cool stuff... I saw a guy with a 2 foot peice of sheet metal in his arm... It was cool... He was in shock big time... He walked in with his fellow workers, and when they asked what was wrong, he started laughing, and said he had a fever...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:36 pm
Experience and forcing yourself to do it until you are used to it. That's how I got over my fear of heights at least (and I had less incentive).  

Silenus Slade

MOD66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:44 pm
Argetlam13
Work in an emergency room, volentering(sp) for the red cross. That will get you used to the things involved in it... You see all kinds of cool stuff... I saw a guy with a 2 foot peice of sheet metal in his arm... It was cool... He was in shock big time... He walked in with his fellow workers, and when they asked what was wrong, he started laughing, and said he had a fever...
dude that funny as sheite rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:55 pm
Argetlam13
Not helping.

Mz.Wiggles

ronton-ritsuzen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm
i've heard if you think of the corpse as an inanimate object it helps a lot...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:19 pm
ronton-ritsuzen
i've heard if you think of the corpse as an inanimate object it helps a lot...
Good idea.

Mz.Wiggles

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:57 pm
Mz.Wiggles
I have to over come a fear of mine.My dream job that I'm going to school for has to deal with embalming.It's a choice but there's a better chance of getting the job if you learn.I looked up how to do it and I puked.My stomache still hurts.If I don't get over this there goes my future.

Haha. I'm sorry, but I had to laugh:

There's no way to be an embalmer unless you learn.

It's my chosen profession. Mortician to be exact.

It's never bothered me, however.

To overcome it?

It's hard to give advice on something that never ailed me. But I'll just say that to me, touching the living or leftover food on plates is more disgusting to me than playing with the dead and draining or asperating them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:58 pm
Silenus Slade
Experience and forcing yourself to do it until you are used to it. That's how I got over my fear of heights at least (and I had less incentive).

Not possible unless you have a funeral director who doesn't care about breaking the law.

You must be licensed to do it.

No question.

MortSanglant

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:25 am
MortSanglant
Mz.Wiggles

To overcome it?

It's hard to give advice on something that never ailed me. But I'll just say that to me, touching the living or leftover food on plates is more disgusting to me than playing with the dead and draining or asperating them.
Touching them I can do.
Inserting anything into them is a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:18 am
Mz.Wiggles
MortSanglant
Mz.Wiggles

To overcome it?

Touching them I can do.

You honestly won't know if you can handle it until you get to mortuary school then.

I suggest going to ogrish.com or another gore site and just watching the disgusting videos they have. Or rent the Faces of Death tapes. Watch those

Force yourself to watch them. And EAT while watching.

MortSanglant

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:29 am
MortSanglant
Mz.Wiggles
MortSanglant
Mz.Wiggles

To overcome it?

Touching them I can do.

You honestly won't know if you can handle it until you get to mortuary school then.

I suggest going to ogrish.com or another gore site and just watching the disgusting videos they have. Or rent the Faces of Death tapes. Watch those

Force yourself to watch them. And EAT while watching.
EAT?!
eek
You're dead serious aren't you?

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out