Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Woven Fair Isle knitting???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fenhir Noble

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:32 pm
I'm trying to make a scarf that requires woven Fair Isle knitting, but I don't know how and I can't find anything on the internet. I can Fair Isle knit, but I don't know the woven way.... can anyone help with a picture or little instructions or something?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:59 pm
Fenhir Noble
I'm trying to make a scarf that requires woven Fair Isle knitting, but I don't know how and I can't find anything on the internet. I can Fair Isle knit, but I don't know the woven way.... can anyone help with a picture or little instructions or something?

This video seems like it's what you're looking for. *nod, nod* http://www.philosopherswool.com/Pages/Streamingvideo.htm  

Catcheen
Crew

Fenhir Noble

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:13 pm
Thank you! That explains it so much better then a website I found. I've been doing it kinda wrong. stressed whee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:00 pm
Fenhir Noble
Thank you! That explains it so much better then a website I found. I've been doing it kinda wrong. stressed whee

Oh good, I'm glad I could help!  

Catcheen
Crew

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:56 pm
That is so clever!! Thanks for posting that up. It really makes Fair Isle a little less intimidating for me. (And the fact that I can knit with both hands anyways...) whee heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:45 am
Hmmm... I can still see a bit of red from under the black.... any way to stop this or make it less visible? Black is my background color and red is my pattern color.  

Fenhir Noble

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:56 am
Fenhir Noble
Hmmm... I can still see a bit of red from under the black.... any way to stop this or make it less visible? Black is my background color and red is my pattern color.

Red is such a bold color, I think you're going to have a hard time completely hiding it on such a high contrast color like black.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games