Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Wow, I'm really amazed at how crappy Kirby is...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Kirby a poorly done character in Melee?
  HELL FREAKIN YA HE SUX!
  No (you better freakin explain)
  I've seen some good one's (prove it)
View Results

fargokraft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:11 pm
Against a good player.. wow.. it was truly amazing.. all of his movies are so ineffecient!!! They're easy to dodge! Hell 3 of his grabs are escapable, and the throw down is easy to counter attack right after teh throw. He is open way too freakin much!! He has no way of weakening his opponent!!!! A good player can easily dodge his only range weapon, (Up-b) and can easily counter his strong attacks and smash attacks!!! Immediately dishing out a good 80% damage after wards!!!!

He is such a useless character, I'm just so amazed out how useless he is... call me arrogant if you will.. but crap.. at least with pichu I can actually defend myself, get kills, and even win!!! Hell even Mr. game and watch I can easily pull off a victory!!! They actually have good freakin moves!!!! I'm not surprise to find that he was in fact on the bottom tier.. but in the older one it was only pichu and mewtwo.. I can kick your a*s with freakin mewtwo and pichu.. :/ but kirby.. hell freakin no!!!

His down-b is uber easy to dodge!!! Its ridiculious!!! And after wards, you can grab him, punch, then throw, or just wait til he comes out and smash! Its that simple!!

His fireball dash attack is so slow!!! Can easily be dodged.. in addition its slow recovery, so someone can deflect it and hit back really easily!! Its slower than some of gannon dwarf's recovery time even!!! Sh*t!! Gannon dwarf is my best character, and people say he's slow.. hell bowser is even slow.. but at least their power makes up for it. Kirby is slow, light weight, and just inefficient!! Its incredible how crappy a character he is...

Fighting against luigi with Gannon, Sheik, Samus, Pichu, and Marth, I either won with 2 lives more than Luigi, simply won, or at least put up a dissent fight!! With Kirby!! F*ck!! I bloody played a good 5 games and lost miserably each time!!! He has no way of avoiding sexkicks.. and weak attackS!! And even if he manages his opponent can deliver another even before you finish your bloody attack because he is SO slow!!!

His hammer looks interseting, but the timing on that thing is ridiculious and so far I haven't been able to really use it... stressed

His down A is ok... it feels weak in comparison to other characters..

his forward A is dissent,
his Up A is dissent,
but they both feel easier to dodge than most other characters.. heck I think its cuzz he is short. While being short in pichu's case its an advantage.. but I think literally because Kirby is short he's at a disadvantage because he's so slow.

With Pichu you can easily juggle the crap out of your opponent adn link a good 2-4 moves!!! But Kirby jumps too freakin slow!! Your opponent can easily recover and deliver a sex kick or any other weak attack to stop yoru attack and still have the time to deliver another attack!!!

I'm sorry, its just too ridiculious.. and if you ever play against me with Kirby I will kick your a*s extremely hard to prove my point!! He is a useless character!! I like Kirby a lot story line wise, and even his games.. but in Melee.. they made him so extremely ineffecitive its not funny.. a noob character used only against noobs.. :/ Against an expert you're screwed.. tehy WILL dodge your attacks, adn they WILL pawn you!! No questions asked..

Wow.. I still can't get over how crappy he is.. I'm so mad about it... its ridiculious.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:19 pm
hey alot of fights i won with luigi
and its spelled ganondorf  

Trekazoid

fargokraft

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:24 am
*kills you* You know what!! wait why am I talking to somethign dead? Just kidding.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:23 am
He is pretty poorly done, but in the hands of a skilled player, he can match with top teir characters. What I'm saying is, it is really tough to master him.  

Muffs

Noob

jocef_XP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:24 pm
Yeah, Kirby is hard to master.
But you could say that anyone sucks to use. It all really depends on who is using Kirby.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:43 pm
Yeah I reccently discoverd some strats and stuff with him, pretty relieved ^_^ We shall see wink  

fargokraft

Tigerzero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:45 pm
I hate people who suck me up near a cliff then jump off then throw me down and then they survive.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:34 pm
Kirby is one of the characters I'm best with. You just have to play with him a lot.

Plus, as light weight as he is, at least he can jump 5 times....he is one of the best characters in the whole game when it comes to recovery. I can usually survive a lot of damage with Kirby just because he jumps so many times.  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

Reaper1120

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:33 pm
what i dont like about kirby is his/her/its coping teqnique it annoyis me like hell for example im playing with my little bro who wants to be me

me:you can be any character except me
bro:but thats not faaaaaaaaaaair
me:do it or your not playing
bro:fine i will be kirby

and then he starts to kill me dosnt win but gets somewhere near  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:53 am
My friend Kills me ten times over wit kirby. He beat very hard mode easily one Classic and All star w. kirby. OH Inyoface!  

7r1gg3r_h499y

cght45694

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:23 pm
You know what's fun to di with Kirby? Grab someone near the edge, and throw him/her backwards and both characters will die.....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:26 pm
u guys must be freakin noobs or somethin... kirby is not a poorly done character, nobody in the game is a poorly done character

u said that against a good player kirby would get raped but thats only tru when the person playin kirby sux, in an equally skilled battle kirby has the upperhand, while its tru that kirby's up b and down b are easily countered and dodge it would take a complete retard to do one durin a match... the only time u would use ur up b is if u need an extra umph to get on the stage or for edge guard purposes, not a one good kirby user would ever use up b for damage and when i play kirby i dont even touch down b

another thing, kirby has one of the best edge guardin techiniques in the game, he can easily disrupt someone from comin back and still be able to make it back to the stage plus his down a is a spike....

and i didnt even mention the kirbycides yet
kirbycides r the suicides that kirby does taht makes him kill himself and the opponent like when he grabs and jumps backwards off the stage, its an easy move to pull off and NO ITS NOT AS AVOIDABLE AS U THINK IT
IS because the only way to get out of it is if ur at 20 percent or lower any
higher and u wouldnt make it out

the last thing i would like to point out is that unless ur a complete moron and u wanna be punished for doin a ridiculously stupid move, a kirby player would never use his ground hammer (forward b) his air foward b is fine

i dont no wat dissent is but i think u were tryin to say "decent"  

Tails-kun

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:59 pm
You must be somewhat handicapped if you think that Kirby sucks. His suicide falls are awsome. If you're against an edge-guarder, you can suck him up and kill him with you. If you're being chased by anyone else, you'd be safe at the edge since you can jump off the side, suck them up, fall almost the whole way down, let them out and fly back up. His running A attack is good, but yes, his hammer does suck. He also has good throw attacks which some can chain throw. His down B can keep him from flying away and his up B can damage a user multiple times. His down A jump attack is only a bit less effective than Yoshi's flutter kick.

Kirby is not a bad character. You just suck at the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:16 pm
I think Kirby's pretty decent, as I use him all the time. Yes, he is hard to master, as someone said earlier, but he is useful. His smash moves are good for enemies over 80%, except the side ones are not the best because any player with good reflexes would avoid that easily. He is superb at edge guarding and recovery, and has one of the best jumps in the game. Also true to someone's statement earlier, using the down+B or up+B moves are not good for attacking, it only increases your vulnerability. They should only be used for recovering, if necessary.

For those of you who still think he is useless, then here's another piece of advice: Get a team partner. Then if you're stuck as a rock or open, you can get help from your ally. This is usually the case in my games, as 90% of the time, I team up with another human player (be it my little bro or my friends who can kick serious CPU a**).  

Woof_BlackHayate

Captain Phantom

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:08 am
kirbys like that cuz he... i thinkn its a he is gey... and so is the captain falcon when u change his clor to pink he always loses in Vs. when i just have 4 Coms. playing  
Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games