Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh I'm just a little black rain cloud
  Hovering over all of us
View Results

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:20 am
It is often said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so this topic is to explore the beauty and aesthetics found within the striations of color, and bands of light and darkness found within the darker rain clouds right before a storm, or even the variants in color found on a cloudy day.
What do you notice first on a cloudy day? Are you drawn into the depths of the clouds in the sky? Do you find cloud cover more varied and interesting than a sunny day with puffy clouds? Does the sky seem flat to you when you peer up at it or do you see the depth within?

What about clouds during the night time hour? Do you enjoy the look of the clouds in the night sky? The way it appears almost like a perpetual dusk as the stars are obscured from view?

Discuss: If you like clouds. What you enjoy about clouds both during the daylight hours as well as the night time. What you find most appealing about a cloudy day. Anything else regarding clouds you desire.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:33 am
Clouds are pretty... I love looking at clouds around sunset. Beautiful.  

EvFaerAshlynn

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:37 am
I like the colors of the sunset combined with the clouds. I also like clouds during a full moon because it looks spooky.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:58 am
I like cloudy days, especially when it's just about to rain. Not necessarily while it is, or even during lightening and thunder, just dark-ish. I don't get how people feel like it's a "depressing" day when it's like this because it actually kinda represents life, in a way. Okay, it's really rain that represents life, or the coming of life, but... still.... It's very peaceful.

Regular cloudy days where it just kinda looks like cottonballs is more like a childish type of thing. I like it, though, to just lay down and stare into nothing but water vapor and pollution. It's just like watching T.V., but somewhat more imaginative.

Like many other people, I prefer the clouds at sunset than the clouds at sunrise simply because of the purple-ish color. It doesn't look quite the same at sunrise, so, yeah, there's a difference. Also, the stars are still out during sunrise while it takes a while to appear after sunset. Sorry, I'm getting a bit off subject.

Well, I'm done with what I gotta say, and must admit I was extremely bored to do this.  

Dirzdra

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:53 pm
I love cloudy days, and I love rain.
*which is why I hate california*
It always makes me want to write something...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:33 pm
I'd say I like rainy days and the clouds on rainy days because the color of everything around you changes. I think its fun to look at things in a different light, so its cool. I like night skies the best because the clouds sometimes surround and envelope the moon, and I like to watch the clouds as they move around the moon *very beautiful* and the stars are nice too, but I live in the city so, I have to go to the 'burbs to see them....  

.+Melanthios+.

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:28 pm
i really like rainy "dreary days" [as preffered to be labeled as by the normies] just because i feel that there is real beauty in them... the atmosphere is kewl and its usually really nice temperatures (unless it is winter)... and they are fun to do as a landscape portrait. i do them for the local haven....

i guess that i just like how every hting looks more grey to me (being colour blind in one eye)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:46 pm
I think everybody has at one time looked up at the clouds for pictures and things we are familiar with on earth. But it's interesting to look up and make your own world - over here is the space shuttle where the alens landed, here is their home, this is their gataranpan, here's the weapon they used to defeat the bogs in the battle of 58 ... and so on.

Anyway, I like it when I see dark clouds becuase it means it's going to reain, and to me, that is one of the beautiful sounds you could ever here. Also the smell of it when it rains ... ahhh ...  

mee_shee

ronton-ritsuzen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:48 pm
i like the look that the sky gets when it's about to start raining.

when the sky is still blue then it gets bombarded by gray......  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:39 am
I love rainy days and I like dark clouds the best. Rainy nights are even better. Most people would call that gloomy and what-not, but I find that it is just beautiful. Although I can still find some beauty in them, I'm not too fond of white, puffy clouds on a sunny day. Possibly because I'm not a big fan of sunny days. confused I also love the sunset, more than I do the sunrise.  

_darkened_tears_

Oterys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:59 am
I like the sunset as well, just because of all of the color in the clouds as everything changes.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:03 am
mizermanakins
I love cloudy days, and I love rain.
*which is why I hate california*
It always makes me want to write something...
I'm not trying to make an argument or anything, but I'm tired of people's one-sided opinions of California.

You do realize it does rain in California. I live here, and yes, I live in the desert, too. The only reason we've been in a drought for decades (it's probably more) is because the rain levels from the entire year all measured up doesn't quite get up to a certain level. Also, not all parts of California is in a drought, you're just thinking of southern, central, and the beaches. There's also northern California where the redwood forests start.

But, yes, it rains in deserts, too, hun. You can ask anyone in Arizona. I'm sure they got sick of the rain in the end of 2004 and beginning of 2005 just like we did, but, man, were their storms way worse.  

Dirzdra

lovecats wire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:23 am
i love the rain^.^ and the respectable clouds that bring it. clouds are beautiful. in arizona it's pretty stormy around my friend's birthday heart i wish it would rain right now.....  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:20 pm
First off Lurichan i'd like to give you kudo's for this thread, I think it's a very interesting and original thread...

Now starting off...

The first thing I tend to notice on a cloudy day is rather then color, smell. On cloudy days the air seems to have a certain richness of clear air. Then I look up to the sky and usually my eyes are drawn to the depths in which the darkness of the clouds reach. I also love it when it's a very cloudy day and yet the sun seems to seep through them and illuminate the dark clouds giving it a softer tone but a colder feel.
As is probably obvious now, I do find cloud cover more varied and interesting just because there's more detail to it and also the fact that on a sunny day it's kinda hard to look up at the sky with out getting the sun in your eyes. The sky never seems flat to me I can always see the slight subtle curve of the sky and the way the light varies in the certain spots.

During the night time hour I like it when it's only partly cloudy because I also love to look up at the moon and the stars as well as clouds.

And for the people who say they hate California, I live in California as well and you really have no reason to complain at all. The truth is, is that Cali could be it's own country and feed everyone in it perfectly because California has practically every whether condition you can think of...

dark and demented

DJ Database

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:17 pm
I enjoy Clouds No matter what day of the year it is! If I had it my way It would be cloudy ever day of the year! it would rain atleast once or twice every month or two. and the sun would only come out a Very little bit just to dry up the rain a little! I dont like the sun! Its bright, hot, and it hurts my eyes! If the sun is SO GREAT, why is there such things as SUN burns! And its not tottaly peoples fault for global warming! Global warming has been happening sense forever and I know its helped bye cars but ive seen more helpful cars! And new cars that dont use as much gas! I mean...yeah, it'll probobly be another 100-200 or so years before theres any actual menacing damage, but still! It would help if there was a little LESS sun! Man, I hate California!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff